TX - Elizabeth Barraza, 29, murdered setting up garage sale, Harris Co, Jan 2019 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been meaning to post this article.

Harris County investigators confirm murder weapon used in 2019 Tomball woman's murder

Harris County investigators confirm murder weapon used in 2019 Tomball woman's murder​

Saturday, November 5, 2022

The Harris County Sheriff's Office has released surveillance footage of the shooter and the shooter's truck. Investigators have confirmed for the first time that the gun used in the killing was a revolver.

I've been meaning to post this article.

Harris County investigators confirm murder weapon used in 2019 Tomball woman's murder

Harris County investigators confirm murder weapon used in 2019 Tomball woman's murder​

Saturday, November 5, 2022

The Harris County Sheriff's Office has released surveillance footage of the shooter and the shooter's truck. Investigators have confirmed for the first time that the gun used in the killing was a revolver.
After we all saw the video with the killer leaving immediately after the shots w/o picking up anything AND then stating they didn't recover any shell casings most of us came up with that conclusion. So I am surprised that LE 'have confirmed for the first time'.

For such a high profile crime I am surprised we are on Thread #3. Last week's murder of the 4 Univ of Idaho students already is on #3 with about as many posts as we have here.
I'd say that's because of all the things that can't be said or speculated on.
Also there's really been very limited MSM articles, probably because there's just not that much to go on. The known details haven't been added to much since it first happened. Publicly, anyway. I have no doubt police know more than they've said.

Hey gang. First time posting. I host a little podcast and my co-host (my girlfriend) and I decided to look into Elizabeth's case and it is probably the one case that has affected me on a personal level. Like EB, my gf and I are nerds. Star Wars, Harry Potter, LotR. We could have been friends with EB. It's all so very sad. And you guys are great, I've read every word of this thread and made an account to tell you that. And to post a few questions / observations and would love you guys input.

People surmise that the killer had knowledge of the Ring cam because they stayed out of it. But EB actually dictated where the confrontation took place; the killer approached her. The killer didn't walk to an area and have EB follow them. If that makes sense. Also, if they intended to stay out of the cam's range, they did only an average job because they do, in fact, show up in the video, albeit briefly and blurry. Still, if you know a camera is watching you and you are trying your best to avoid it, you would 100% avoid it. I don't think the killer knew. They just got (kinda) lucky.

Using a .380 revolver is strange as heck. As stated previously, that's an odd gun, a .380 revolver. My limited knowledge of firearms tells me a .38 is a revolver round and a .380 is a semi-automatic round. It's a simplistic view, but that's my take. Not sure it means anything, but it is odd.

The link to it being Star Wars / 501st seems tenuous at best. Sure, some people derive status and prestige from it, but saying someone would execution-style brazenly murder an otherwise innocent person because of a disagreement over a costume (and cosplay accouterments) is really out there. Imagine if EB was very much into cooking and she was murdered. There wouldn't be many people insinuating she was killed because she criticized someone else's casserole. Then again, brazenly murdering someone is itself far from the norm so anything is possible.

In Arrin Stoner's video, he comes to the conclusion that the truck in question drove down a cul-de-sac then went off road, through the grass, onto a pseudo-greenbelt then connected back to the main road that way. Has anyone seen if LE has acknowledged that yes, there were tire tracks in the grass / mud. That seems exceedingly easy to prove. And why would they do that? Why not turn around? After what we think was a scouting mission the night before, why did they make that mistake? Or was it a mistake? Did they commandeer a 4x4 specifically to drive off road? I was really thrown off by that.
(Also, I've seen talk that there are two videos by AS but can only find one).

I'll probably have more later, but I feel as if I have already overstayed my welcome as a new-comer. Thank you all again.

I lean against this because the killer appears to have been dressed up in a Star Wars-type robe which while yes, it is a popular franchise, it seems to have been specific to Liz. JMO
this is my first time posting in this thread. I watched the two videos of the shooting. I didn't see any star wars robe. I saw the shooter as a heavy set woman wearing a flowing dress, or maybe a raincoat and rain boots. But the shooter was definitely a woman, because she had rather large breasts. MOO

Last edited:
In Arrin Stoner's video, he comes to the conclusion that the truck in question drove down a cul-de-sac then went off road, through the grass, onto a pseudo-greenbelt then connected back to the main road that way. Has anyone seen if LE has acknowledged that yes, there were tire tracks in the grass / mud. That seems exceedingly easy to prove. And why would they do that? Why not turn around? After what we think was a scouting mission the night before, why did they make that mistake? Or was it a mistake? Did they commandeer a 4x4 specifically to drive off road? I was really thrown off by that.
RSBM

Welcome to WS and thanks for your thoughts!

Regarding going off-road, if that did happen (and I believe it did), maybe they did it to avoid LE entering the neighborhood. Part of me wonders if they had a police scanner and heard the call. Even if they had no scanner, they just shot a loud gun four times in a neighborhood just before 7 AM and they probably assume at least one neighbor would be calling 911 immediately and cops would be arriving quickly. I think they were hoping to not pass by police as they arrived and be caught on a cop's dashcam that they would then look back through later, see this license plate, and track it down. All my speculation and theory only.

this is my first time posting in this thread. I watched the two videos of the shooting. I didn't see any star wars robe. I saw the shooter as a heavy set woman wearing a flowing dress, or maybe a raincoat and rain boots. But the shooter was definitely a woman, because she had rather large breasts. MOO
Could be prop boobies!

Poor Elisabeth , she was murdered. And I can’t help but think of another woman also murdered in Texas/ Terri Bevers .
Many similarities between the two murders.
I hope the FBI will solve these murders of two women. Women and cries.
I’m surprised the detectives don’t connect the two cases.
Women lives matter.

Last edited:
Hey gang. First time posting. I host a little podcast and my co-host (my girlfriend) and I decided to look into Elizabeth's case and it is probably the one case that has affected me on a personal level. Like EB, my gf and I are nerds. Star Wars, Harry Potter, LotR. We could have been friends with EB. It's all so very sad. And you guys are great, I've read every word of this thread and made an account to tell you that. And to post a few questions / observations and would love you guys input.

People surmise that the killer had knowledge of the Ring cam because they stayed out of it. But EB actually dictated where the confrontation took place; the killer approached her. The killer didn't walk to an area and have EB follow them. If that makes sense. Also, if they intended to stay out of the cam's range, they did only an average job because they do, in fact, show up in the video, albeit briefly and blurry. Still, if you know a camera is watching you and you are trying your best to avoid it, you would 100% avoid it. I don't think the killer knew. They just got (kinda) lucky.

Using a .380 revolver is strange as heck. As stated previously, that's an odd gun, a .380 revolver. My limited knowledge of firearms tells me a .38 is a revolver round and a .380 is a semi-automatic round. It's a simplistic view, but that's my take. Not sure it means anything, but it is odd.

The link to it being Star Wars / 501st seems tenuous at best. Sure, some people derive status and prestige from it, but saying someone would execution-style brazenly murder an otherwise innocent person because of a disagreement over a costume (and cosplay accouterments) is really out there. Imagine if EB was very much into cooking and she was murdered. There wouldn't be many people insinuating she was killed because she criticized someone else's casserole. Then again, brazenly murdering someone is itself far from the norm so anything is possible.

I'll probably have more later, but I feel as if I have already overstayed my welcome as a new-comer. Thank you all again.
Welcome! This case can really touch your heart! I agree with most of what you said in your post. I would just say that if EB was a baker and someone killed her dressed in a chef hat with a rolling pin to the head then I would assume it may have something to do with her hobby. I definitely suspect a 501 League connection to her murder. Hoping that LE is working to solve this heinous crime.

Welcome! AS completed two videos about Liz and there are future videos forthcoming to my understanding. The second video he did about Liz has been removed from his channel at this time. I suspect because AS is making a few edits to remove certain information from the video, but will repost it once edits are complete. This is all speculation on my part and you may contact Arrin directly to inquire about it. IMO

<modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
For such a high profile crime I am surprised we are on Thread #3. Last week's murder of the 4 Univ of Idaho students already is on #3 with about as many posts as we have here.
Some cases just don't get as much attention as others. As someone who's followed Liz's case from the beginning I think there's a number of reasons why that is. Liz was not a blonde soccer Mom, her case happened shortly after Teri Bevers in Texas and I think lots of people fixated on that case and it had gotten so much publicity that Liz's just took a backseat. Liz's family has done everything they can to keep her name and story in the news without much success beyond locally until recently when some Podcasters and YouTubers have brought new attention to it.

Some cases just don't get as much attention as others. As someone who's followed Liz's case from the beginning I think there's a number of reasons why that is. Liz was not a blonde soccer Mom, her case happened shortly after Teri Bevers in Texas and I think lots of people fixated on that case and it had gotten so much publicity that Liz's just took a backseat. Liz's family has done everything they can to keep her name and story in the news without much success beyond locally until recently when some Podcasters and YouTubers have brought new attention to it.
Yeah, many possibilities and/or reasons. I've often pointed out the disparity between Indiana State Police response on the Delphi Murders (155+ threads) and the older missing person ISP case of Marina Boulter (one thread and only 13 pages) here on WS. Dramatic difference. Even the nearby Flora fire (one thread and 8 pages) with the deaths of 4 school age children only has one thread and for some reason or another ISP Superintendent Carter tries his very best to avoid discussion of that case.

Poor Elisabeth , she was murdered. And I can’t help but think of another woman also murdered in Texas/ Terri Bevers .
Many similarities between the two murders.
I hope the FBI will solve these murders of two women. Women and cries.
I’m surprised the detectives don’t connect the two cases.
Women lives matter.
Interesting...how do you see a connection? Besides the fact that the murderers were both women? How far apart did the crimes occur (miles)?

IMO
I have followed this case from beginning and did watch Zahn show.
Just watching the video and hearing what happened before and after... I think the shooter was
  • 20 - 25 yo women
  • Unorganized killer
  • Definitely targeted
  • Passion based
  • Probably borrowed her dad's/grandpa's truck/revolver
  • Probably practiced a couple times with gun but not experienced
  • Doesn't watch crime shows
  • Very immature

IMO
I have followed this case from beginning and did watch Zahn show.
Just watching the video and hearing what happened before and after... I think the shooter was
  • 20 - 25 yo women
  • Unorganized killer
  • Definitely targeted
  • Passion based
  • Probably borrowed her dad's/grandpa's truck/revolver
  • Probably practiced a couple times with gun but not experienced
  • Doesn't watch crime shows
  • Very immature
How did you come up with those characteristics, if you don't mind me asking...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
C_Plus_Detective