TX - Elizabeth Barraza, 29, murdered setting up garage sale, Harris Co, Jan 2019 #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if LE found out the owner of the car used but it was a dead end .
Cause I really can not fathom how at least one letter or number of the licence plate could not be detected by so many cameras along the way. Probably one letter or number is a great help to narrow down the owner of that model car .. But then again maybe it had a fake plate.

I agree, it seems crazy. Don't the police have footage/pictures of the car leaving the neighborhood that they've never released? Seems like it's time.

With targeted murders like this, I always start with those people closest to the victim and then work my way outwards.

There are not usually "many degrees of separation" when there is a vicious cold-blooded murder.

Who had the most to gain by Elizabeths death?

I found this article very interesting:

I pretty much agree with these, except I think its a guy in disguise. They might have been a little younger, possibly 17 - 18. The total demeanor seems like late teens, early 20's.

The door bell audio sounds like a male voice. I would also add, they may be from outside the area.
Interesting. To me, they run like a male high school soccer player :).

this is my first time posting in this thread. I watched the two videos of the shooting. I didn't see any star wars robe. I saw the shooter as a heavy set woman wearing a flowing dress, or maybe a raincoat and rain boots. But the shooter was definitely a woman, because she had rather large breasts. MOO

I am watching the program again right now on Paula Zahn- I also believe the shooter is a woman- I base that on the person's gait and the way this person ran away after she shot Elizabeth. It is also interesting to me there was a very short conversation- Makes me wonder if this was someone telling Liz something really nasty- makes me think this person was really angry and was telling her she was going to kill her and why-- I am kinda surprised with having the murder on video and seeing the truck involved, this case has not been solved. I would think technology could enhance the event when Elizabeth was actually shot.

It is so disturbing to watch this on video and know they have not solved it after 3 years.

I am kinda surprised with having the murder on video and seeing the truck involved, this case has not been solved. I would think technology could enhance the event when Elizabeth was actually shot.
You cannot enhance the details that are not there. The ring cam footage has very low resolution so that means a lot of data is not there. Enhance it and you will get a blur of pixels, because it's how it works with low res photos or video.It's not like in tv series when they enlarge a tiny bit in a low res snapshot, enhance and get super sharp pic. In reality it is not possible.

You cannot enhance the details that are not there. The ring cam footage has very low resolution so that means a lot of data is not there. Enhance it and you will get a blur of pixels, because it's how it works with low res photos or video.It's not like in tv series when they enlarge a tiny bit in a low res snapshot, enhance and get super sharp pic. In reality it is not possible.
Well that is a bummer- I want it like it is on TV LOL- it always works out

Found this website started by the family of Ms. Barraza. I hope they get some information thru it and the 50,000.00 reward being offerred.

This case really gets to me primarily because she was the last person you would expect to be murdered in such a violent and horrible way. I do believe she was targeted.

I wonder if LE found out the owner of the car used but it was a dead end .
Cause I really can not fathom how at least one letter or number of the licence plate could not be detected by so many cameras along the way. Probably one letter or number is a great help to narrow down the owner of that model car .. But then again maybe it had a fake plate.
So I was wondering about the house cameras. "Ring" started doing commercials with Shaq in 2016 and it seemed affordable for the common folks. I didn't get one until 2019.
I have the Ring as more of motion detector/door bell and not recording out into street. Our neighbor records all things and recorded the Amazon driver hitting our mailbox for example. So back in 2019, I wonder how many people had them and even the quality in dim lights. Even professional ones can't seem to capture in dim light (I watched ID'S see no evil).
I probably missed details about EB's home security system and how her husband and parents received alerts and became concerned and went to the house. Maybe someone can point me in that direction to read about it. It seems strange to have a more elaborate system besides a ring type doorbell in a nice lower crime area.

So I was wondering about the house cameras. "Ring" started doing commercials with Shaq in 2016 and it seemed affordable for the common folks. I didn't get one until 2019.
I have the Ring as more of motion detector/door bell and not recording out into street. Our neighbor records all things and recorded the Amazon driver hitting our mailbox for example. So back in 2019, I wonder how many people had them and even the quality in dim lights. Even professional ones can't seem to capture in dim light (I watched ID'S see no evil).
I probably missed details about EB's home security system and how her husband and parents received alerts and became concerned and went to the house. Maybe someone can point me in that direction to read about it. It seems strange to have a more elaborate system besides a ring type doorbell in a nice lower crime area.
They have a detailed explanation on the timeline on their webpage for Liz. Whokilledlizbarraza.com

I also believe the shooter is a woman- I base that on the person's gait and the way this person ran away after she shot Elizabeth.
Interesting that you and I can watch the same thing and draw polar opposite conclusions. I suspect maybe we both suffer from some confirmation bias.

But the weapon... a revolver? It just seems so unlikely to me that a female would use a double-action revolver and handle it so effortlessly.

Interesting that you and I can watch the same thing and draw polar opposite conclusions. I suspect maybe we both suffer from some confirmation bias.

But the weapon... a revolver? It just seems so unlikely to me that a female would use a double-action revolver and handle it so effortlessly.

I had watched that program before (Paula Zahn) and had no opinion if the perp was male or female but when I watched it again, it just seemed to me the way this person walked up to Ms. Barraza and the way this person ran away very quickly, the gait appeared to me to be that of a female. Of course I could be wrong--- it is just a guess---

I am troubled that after three years given they have the murder on video as well as video of the vehicle, they cannot
solve this murder. I have believed the vehicle is the key to finding this perp and have no idea how aggressive they have been in trying to find that vehicle.

Or, quite possibly, they feel good/rewarded for having done it.
Still not sure what to make of this senseless murder, it appears to be a revengeful murder. Killer relieved its finally done because that person had some kind of conflict (bone of contention) with Liz or helping someone else that had a conflict with Liz. Only can guess as we don't know much. IMO

I also get female vibes from the footage.

In regards to the weapon / expertise and going out on a limb, the totality could indicate:

Daddy's tom girl who grew up in a rural area or, what was then a rural area before Houston swallowed it. Daddy's tom girl was introduced to recreational "plinking" at a young age (but has never received formal training as she does not take a trained shooters stance).

She shoots the victim with a .22 caliber revolver, which helps account for the apparent lack of recoil and ability to keep the weapon centered. Going further out on the limb, .22 revolvers are not very common. I am thinking it could be "Daddy's old target pistol" that was retrieved from a closet somewhere.

<modsnip>

If the perp was wearing a Cosplay outfit as alleged by some - is this also a "decoy" to send LE in the wrong direction?

The timing of the hit just a few minutes after Sergio left the house shows IMO that this was well planned and they wanted to make sure Sergio was not there when Elizabeth was killed.

The fact that the offenders drove back to the crime scene a minute after the shooting shows an apparent lack of fear - I would think your 1st thought would be to get out of vicinity as fast as you could!!!

IMO the perpetrators have committed previous serious crimes and are not too scared of LE, perhaps thinking they have this planned out so well that they will never be caught.

They might be right?

Last edited by a moderator:
I also get female vibes from the footage.

In regards to the weapon / expertise and going out on a limb, the totality could indicate:

Daddy's tom girl who grew up in a rural area or, what was then a rural area before Houston swallowed it. Daddy's tom girl was introduced to recreational "plinking" at a young age (but has never received formal training as she does not take a trained shooters stance).

She shoots the victim with a .22 caliber revolver, which helps account for the apparent lack of recoil and ability to keep the weapon centered. Going further out on the limb, .22 revolvers are not very common. I am thinking it could be "Daddy's old target pistol" that was retrieved from a closet somewhere.
.22 caliber revolvers are still quite common, but wasn't it specified that the weapon used was a 38 special / .357 magnum? Regardless, the weapon used is clearly a double-action revolver. A double-action .22 would indeed be a rarity.

I'm 100% confident those shots are not .357 magnum, so it's got to be a 38 special. There are several 38 special revolvers suited for smaller hands, but the very nature of a double-action revolver makes it an odd choice.

Regardless of whether the shooter is male or female, the use of a revolver indicates the shooter has a decent level of experience. And of course, as mentioned previously, it's not going to leave brass.

I don't read much into the shooter's stance or lack thereof, I am formally trained and whether or not I use a "proper" stance would be entirely dictated by the situation. A few quick shots at a range of a few feet? Almost certainly not.

<modsnip>

If the perp was wearing a Cosplay outfit as alleged by some - is this also a "decoy" to send LE in the wrong direction?

The timing of the hit just a few minutes after Sergio left the house shows IMO that this was well planned and they wanted to make sure Sergio was not there when Elizabeth was killed.

The fact that the offenders drove back to the crime scene a minute after the shooting shows an apparent lack of fear - I would think your 1st thought would be to get out of vicinity as fast as you could!!!

IMO the perpetrators have committed previous serious crimes and are not too scared of LE, perhaps thinking they have this planned out so well that they will never be caught.

They might be right?
I think the timing of Sergio leaving only minutes before was planned and intentional.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
elementpro