TX - Elizabeth Barraza, 29, murdered setting up garage sale, Harris Co, Jan 2019 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I also get female vibes from the footage.

In regards to the weapon / expertise and going out on a limb, the totality could indicate:

Daddy's tom girl who grew up in a rural area or, what was then a rural area before Houston swallowed it. Daddy's tom girl was introduced to recreational "plinking" at a young age (but has never received formal training as she does not take a trained shooters stance).

She shoots the victim with a .22 caliber revolver, which helps account for the apparent lack of recoil and ability to keep the weapon centered. Going further out on the limb, .22 revolvers are not very common. I am thinking it could be "Daddy's old target pistol" that was retrieved from a closet somewhere.
And, if a “daddy’s tom girl” exists anywhere, she exists in Texas. Lots of women in Texas handle guns and are very comfortable doing it -shotguns, rifles, handguns, etc.

<modsnip>

If the perp was wearing a Cosplay outfit as alleged by some - is this also a "decoy" to send LE in the wrong direction?

The timing of the hit just a few minutes after Sergio left the house shows IMO that this was well planned and they wanted to make sure Sergio was not there when Elizabeth was killed.

The fact that the offenders drove back to the crime scene a minute after the shooting shows an apparent lack of fear - I would think your 1st thought would be to get out of vicinity as fast as you could!!!

IMO the perpetrators have committed previous serious crimes and are not too scared of LE, perhaps thinking they have this planned out so well that they will never be caught.

They might be right?
Good thoughts .. Although the shooter’s movements look like as a man to me , I certainly get a woman’s curiosity vibes or maybe an amateur very young person regarding to come back and check whether the mission is accomplished . Maybe a woman on the passenger side ? jmo .

Good thoughts .. Although the shooter’s movements look like as a man to me , I certainly get a woman’s curiosity vibes or maybe an amateur very young person regarding to come back and check whether the mission is accomplished . Maybe a woman on the passenger side ? jmo .

<modsnip>

If the perp was wearing a Cosplay outfit as alleged by some - is this also a "decoy" to send LE in the wrong direction?

The timing of the hit just a few minutes after Sergio left the house shows IMO that this was well planned and they wanted to make sure Sergio was not there when Elizabeth was killed.

The fact that the offenders drove back to the crime scene a minute after the shooting shows an apparent lack of fear - I would think your 1st thought would be to get out of vicinity as fast as you could!!!

IMO the perpetrators have committed previous serious crimes and are not too scared of LE, perhaps thinking they have this planned out so well that they will never be caught.

They might be right?

It sure looks like they planned it out well cause they have not been caught yet and maybe never will be

No offense to the women I’m a woman also

Last edited:
Interesting that you and I can watch the same thing and draw polar opposite conclusions. I suspect maybe we both suffer from some confirmation bias.

But the weapon... a revolver? It just seems so unlikely to me that a female would use a double-action revolver and handle it so effortlessly.
I'm female, senior, and I find my husband's 9mm impossible to rack. So I bought the S&W 9mm EZ. Never fired a revolver so I don't know how difficult it is to shoot one in quick succession as this murderer did. Is it easier to shoot than it is to load ammo in a semi-automatic? If so, that could be a reason. But honestly, I'm thinking the killer used what was at hand unless there were many weapons at hand.

<modsnip>

They might be right?
To me, the "drive-thru" the evening before suggests to me this was not a close family member or someone who had been to their home before. They needed to learn their way around.

I agree with the total lack of concern about being seen. Assuming this was well planned, which it seems to be, they made no effort to avoid having the vehicle seen multiple times and drove past the crime scene after everyone would have been alerted by gunfire. This is either stupid or brave (there is always a fine line between those anyway).

I also get female vibes from the footage.

In regards to the weapon / expertise and going out on a limb, the totality could indicate:

Daddy's tom girl who grew up in a rural area or, what was then a rural area before Houston swallowed it. Daddy's tom girl was introduced to recreational "plinking" at a young age (but has never received formal training as she does not take a trained shooters stance).

She shoots the victim with a .22 caliber revolver, which helps account for the apparent lack of recoil and ability to keep the weapon centered. Going further out on the limb, .22 revolvers are not very common. I am thinking it could be "Daddy's old target pistol" that was retrieved from a closet somewhere.
Remember our dear Jodi Arias-she stole her gpa's gun to do her dirty work. It is plausible that a the weapon used was on-hand and convenient. On the other hand, revolvers leave no casings, so that could have been the tipping factor. It seems that the motivation to kill Mrs. Barraza outweighed the risks of being seen, heard and recorded in broad daylight. It was face-to-face and cold-blooded. Some planning went into the execution, but this was amateurish at best. A pro would have found a discrete location at night and fired no more than two shots.

Remember our dear Jodi Arias-she stole her gpa's gun to do her dirty work. It is plausible that a the weapon used was on-hand and convenient. On the other hand, revolvers leave no casings, so that could have been the tipping factor. It seems that the motivation to kill Mrs. Barraza outweighed the risks of being seen, heard and recorded in broad daylight. It was face-to-face and cold-blooded. Some planning went into the execution, but this was amateurish at best. A pro would have found a discrete location at night and fired no more than two shots.

Well this amateur has so far put one over and has avoided being
Identified and arrested.

My thought as to why the perp drove back by the crime was to make sure EB was dead. That he had done the job he'd been "hired" (speculating only) to do.
I think this too, but I also wonder if it was due to LE was on the way. Wonder if killer got scared because of hearing sirens, or trying to avoid a school bus.

Driving back by Liz's home didn't seem like part of the plan IMO because if I recall this was a long way out of neighborhood. The truck didn't have a way out other than possibly cul-de-sac, cutting through a dirt path to get on main road Kuykendahl Rd. But, then maybe that is why four-wheel truck was chosen.

Seems more like avoiding something ahead than taking in what just happened.
IMO

I think this too, but I also wonder if it was due to LE was on the way. Wonder if killer got scared because of hearing sirens, or trying to avoid a school bus.

Driving back by Liz's home didn't seem like part of the plan IMO because if I recall this was a long way out of neighborhood. The truck didn't have a way out other than possibly cul-de-sac, cutting through a dirt path to get on main road Kuykendahl Rd. But, then maybe that is why four-wheel truck was chosen.

Seems more like avoiding something ahead than taking in what just happened.
IMO
My take was they turned around and drove back to avoid the police who were already on their way. They perhaps had a scanner in the car (broadcastify or an old scanner) or they heard/saw them coming. They drove past her house very quickly and couldn't be any more sure she was dead on that pass than they they were 5 minutes earlier.

In fact its the only time they show any hint of concern about being seen (if my theory is accurate).

Well... the killer thought they needed a disguise and not just a mask for example.

To me that shows they thought they might be recognized quickly.

So IMO somebody the victim knew.

Gosh... I sure wish EB would have shouted 'oh hey so and so' right when the person walked up. If she knew the killer that is.

Quite possibly.
But, I also think someone told him 'make sure she's dead' before you leave.

Also, good thought about the 4 wheel truck being used for rough terrain in the neighborhood.

Just reading through some posts about the truck driving back past after the shooting. I've felt that was to check EB wasn't moving or looking like she had survived, however that then raises the question of what was the shooter going to do if Liz was still obviously alive? Would they risk stopping and getting back out to fire more shots knowing neighbours and LE could be arriving any second? Seems unlikely, which has me thinking that maybe they just didn't know the neighbourhood well enough to get out the way they intended. If they were doing a neighbourhood drive around the night before, its possible imo that the next morning things looked different, more people around, and with adrenaline pumping they just got confused and decided to head back the way they had come as they knew they could get out that way.

I'm female, senior, and I find my husband's 9mm impossible to rack. So I bought the S&W 9mm EZ. Never fired a revolver so I don't know how difficult it is to shoot one in quick succession as this murderer did. Is it easier to shoot than it is to load ammo in a semi-automatic? If so, that could be a reason. But honestly, I'm thinking the killer used what was at hand unless there were many weapons at hand.
I've heard that a lot now that my peers are all pretty much seniors... There's a lot of difference between models. I fired a hammerless five shot 38 special revolver several years ago, I'm pretty sure it was a S&W, and it wasn't too bad. I'm sure just about anybody could manage that.

The issue with a double action revolvers is a heavy trigger and long trigger pull. Not to say it can't be done, it most certainly can. But it's going to be awkward, especially multiple shots in succession one handed. It's going to take a bit of hand strength and definitely some practice.

Curious why the truck has not been located or has it? We don't know what LE knows at this time. I've said it before that the truck is key.

IIRC, when Rusty Sneiderman was murdered LE located the killer fairly quickly and vehicle used in the shooting was a rental. Ironically, Rusty was shot four times, and the killer wore a disguise. IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper