TX - Elizabeth Barraza, 29, murdered setting up garage sale, Harris Co, Jan 2019 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I find it hard to believe a hired killer would do the job without payment beforehand. An assurance that they would receive part of the insurance money would be too uncertain for such a risky undertaking IMO.

If it was a hired killer, it’s possible they were paid with cash that is somehow untraceable.

This is the first I’m hearing that SB suggested his own father as being involved. Do we know a possible motive for SB’s father wanting Elizabeth dead?

I respectfully disagree. The driving by at 2am. The driving by after the shooting. The missed shot. The 2 shots to the face. Gunshots to the face is personal.
I agree that gunshots to the face are usually personal, but in this case it may have been a way to ensure death. I don’t think this killer knew Elizabeth personally…I believe he was sent there to kill her, and even told her as much during their brief interaction. IMO

To date, no one has been cleared in the LB case, this is an active ongoing investigation. There’s so much information still missing or perhaps LE is tying up the loose ends together to solidify their case and make the arrests. More than one killer is involved IMO.

Thankfully we have the fourth amendment right against unreasonable searches and seizures. Therefore, I’m sure LE obtained several geofence warrants for further investigation. I suspect these searches are time consuming, I can imagine how time consuming it would be to go through all the searches, and on top of that there is an abundance amount of other unsolved case files and supposedly LE is understaffed. Who knows?

I hold onto hope that the killers will be caught. I feel that both detectives were passionate to found the killers. However, why aren’t the people in the city of Tomball in an uproar and demanding answers. Liz’s family need answers.

Narrative is IMO & MOO.

I was looking at the timeline and it appears that Liz and her husband discussed the garage sale the evening prior to the murder. She got a coffee at Starbucks prior to setting up. I imagine that the killer would not want to run the risk of other people being there so he struck early. So that begs the question how did he know that she would be setting up at that hour? How many people would have known that she would be there setting up at 7 AM?

Also, perhaps the perp used Google maps, or Google earth to scout the area before hand. Being that the area is quite specific, would the police be able to subpoena Google for searches conducted on the streets and school nearby the crime scene? How many people did searches for their street, or the school, or surrounding streets within proximity of the crime? Google should be able to provide query history quite easily it would seem. It seems reasonable that the perpetrator access this information to determine entry and escape routes. Perhaps they also searched by name or street address and that information can be ascertained as well.

Of final note, the killer parked behind Liz’ car-was that a coincidence or might they have known that that was her vehicle?

Last edited:
Watched a new youtube episode about Liz the other day and the host brought up the question about why the killer would conceal their identity.

Additionally, the YouTuber compared the killer’s disguise looking more like characters with mask and white floaty dress and a dark truck (its a Chevy in movie) from the movie The Purge. I thought this is an interesting concept and agree that the character outfit looked substantially similar.

The YTer also mentioned a case about a student who discovered copycat stalker imitating an Instagram account. Is it possible Liz had a stalker she wasn aware of?

Perhaps this is reaching but it got my attention. IMO

I was looking at the timeline and it appears that Liz and her husband discussed the garage sale the evening prior to the murder. She got a coffee at Starbucks prior to setting up. I imagine that the killer would not want to run the risk of other people being there so he struck early. So that begs the question how did he know that she would be setting up at that hour? How many people would have known that she would be there setting up at 7 AM?

Also, perhaps the perp used Google maps, or Google earth to scout the area before hand. Being that the area is quite specific, would the police be able to subpoena Google for searches conducted on the streets and school nearby the crime scene? How many people did searches for their street, or the school, or surrounding streets within proximity of the crime? Google should be able to provide query history quite easily it would seem. It seems reasonable that the perpetrator access this information to determine entry and escape routes. Perhaps they also searched by name or street address and that information can be ascertained as well.

Of final note, the killer parked behind Liz’ car-was that a coincidence or might they have known that that was her vehicle?
Absolutely, LE would start with geofence warrants and request from Google or another tech company about any devices in the area at the time.

IMO, this could be the hold up.

Imo, killer parked by the Mustang to stay out of Barraza’s camera range. Good question if they knew Liz’s car. I don’t know the answer to that question though.

edited: additional details

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads