TX - Elizabeth Barraza, 29, murdered setting up garage sale, Harris Co, Jan 2019 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
@Mominmi

Agreed with much of your point.

Glad your son is doing well! No need to apologize. I look forward to seeing more posts from you and from others, too.

O/T your post got me thinking about the RZ case.

As humans, we all have the ability to kill… fortunately, we don’t act on it! This killer seethed for awhile…imo.

Anyway, maybe I am wrong but I don’t think Liz was afforded the approval responsibility as explained in your post.

All of this is moo.

Here's one extrapolation from the PZ documentary that I mentioned in an earlier post that was removed (evidently for quoting another post that was removed, not for it's content.. but I'll tread lightly here just in case)

Liz's dad said something to the effect of "Liz didn't do dangerous things, she didn't associate with dangerous people"

I think the reality is that she *did* associate with dangerous people, she just didn't know it.

Sergio knew it. That's why his reaction to her killing seems so muted and strange to us. He didn't see it coming.. he wasn't involved.. but he also wasn't surprised. This was done by dangerous people.

Sergio has no proof, he's done what he can.. the rest is in LEs hands.

All MOO and conjecture...

I’d like to inow more about what exactly her position in the 501 entailed. i have spent many years volunteering with different organizations in our community. Sometimes my name would be on an application etc but that did not mean I alone had the decidon making authority. But many times, it was perceived that way.
Apparently she had something to do with the events…which their literature maintains is primarily focused on children, visiting hospitals, appearing at “benefits that support children.”

Child centered events can have a particularly emotional factor underlying their purpose. I’d like to actually know what if any association she had in her leadership role per “ events.” Because as a great post above states…she had enemies, she just did not know it. IMO of course.

I’d like to inow more about what exactly her position in the 501 entailed. i have spent many years volunteering with different organizations in our community. Sometimes my name would be on an application etc but that did not mean I alone had the decidon making authority. But many times, it was perceived that way.
Apparently she had something to do with the events…which their literature maintains is primarily focused on children, visiting hospitals, appearing at “benefits that support children.”

Child centered events can have a particularly emotional factor underlying their purpose. I’d like to actually know what if any association she had in her leadership role per “ events.” Because as a great post above states…she had enemies, she just did not know it. IMO of course.

• Liz and Sergio were both members of the 501st Legion - Star Garrison - South Texas Squadron.
  • Liz had 2 approved costumes - a Biker Scout and a Jawa. Her TKID was TB-93474.
  • At the time of her death Liz was on the command staff as an Event Coordinator for The South Texas Squad.

Last edited:
Here's one extrapolation from the PZ documentary that I mentioned in an earlier post that was removed (evidently for quoting another post that was removed, not for it's content.. but I'll tread lightly here just in case)

Liz's dad said something to the effect of "Liz didn't do dangerous things, she didn't associate with dangerous people"

I think the reality is that she *did* associate with dangerous people, she just didn't know it.

Sergio knew it. That's why his reaction to her killing seems so muted and strange to us. He didn't see it coming.. he wasn't involved.. but he also wasn't surprised. This was done by dangerous people.

Sergio has no proof, he's done what he can.. the rest is in LEs hands.

All MOO and conjecture...

I know people have brought up maybe it was something to do with her work since it was an oil company but there's never been any solid info so I think that theory fizzled out.

• Liz and Sergio were both members of the 501st Legion - Star Garrison - South Texas Squadron.
  • Liz had 2 approved costumes - a Biker Scout and a Jawa. Her TKID was TB-93474.
  • At the time of her death Liz was on the command staff as an Event Coordinator for The South Texas Squad.
Were Liz and Sergio planning to attend a 501st event on their vacation in FL?

"I know people have brought up maybe it was something to do with her work since it was an oil company but there's never been any solid info so I think that theory fizzled out".

Right. I am trying not to be too specific, but the 'dangerous people' I allude to are not in the 501st or Liz's family or their circle of friends or Liz's work. If I'm on the right track, Sergio suspects who these people are and I think he's been about as open about it as he can safely be. Moo.

Thank you. I appreciate your posts because you bring a lot of info to this thread. Do you know what exactly an Event Coordinator on Command staff is responsible for in the organization? It must include some specific areas of decison making…not just be a meaningless title.

Following these links, one can access a public page with a photo of each Event Coordinator (there are three) and link to specific info on each one of them.

There is a detailed application and the following disclaimer:

Please read before clicking Submit: The 501st Legion is a volunteer organization and does not accept payment for appearances. If you would like to make a donation in lieu of payment, please see our Charity page for more information. Our membership consists of volunteers, most of whom hold full-time jobs outside of Legion activities. Our ability to satisfy an event request depends on a number of factors including availability of members, location and time of the event, and the significance of the event. Events which directly or indirectly benefit the community and/or charity organizations generally receive a better chance of a 501st appearance than private functions (e.g., birthday parties, weddings). As a general rule, the 501st Legion does not appear at events or functions that are non-Star Wars-related unless coordinated through Lucasfilm Ltd. The 501st Legion focuses on Star Wars villain characters, but we recommend inquiring with our sister organization, the Rebel Legion, should you desire Star Wars hero, Jedi or Rebel characters at your event.

Following these links, one can access a public page with a photo of each Event Coordinator (there are three) and link to specific info on each one of them.

There is a detailed application and the following disclaimer:

Please read before clicking Submit: The 501st Legion is a volunteer organization and does not accept payment for appearances. If you would like to make a donation in lieu of payment, please see our Charity page for more information. Our membership consists of volunteers, most of whom hold full-time jobs outside of Legion activities. Our ability to satisfy an event request depends on a number of factors including availability of members, location and time of the event, and the significance of the event. Events which directly or indirectly benefit the community and/or charity organizations generally receive a better chance of a 501st appearance than private functions (e.g., birthday parties, weddings). As a general rule, the 501st Legion does not appear at events or functions that are non-Star Wars-related unless coordinated through Lucasfilm Ltd. The 501st Legion focuses on Star Wars villain characters, but we recommend inquiring with our sister organization, the Rebel Legion, should you desire Star Wars hero, Jedi or Rebel characters at your event.
I am getting an education on 501st Legion today. It is much "bigger" than I originally thought.

This case should be at the top of the news if only because of the theatrical aspects. The video and costume are enough to capture the attention of people. I would like to see a big push to get Liz justice by bombarding the media with her story. Hoping this is the year for answers for Liz and her family.

Event coordinator does not sound like a risky position to me. I am 99% sure whoever murdered her was not part of the 501st legion. Sure, anything is possible, but what is probable?, and to my way of thinking that is not probable.

Being an elementary school teacher didn’t used to be a risky position, but one was just shot in class by a child. Being a dance hall attendee did not used to be a risky behavior, but it just takes one aggrieved and unbalanced individual.

Nothing in this victim’s life seems ‘risky’ yet she seems to have been the target of a brutal planned murder. That is what is so frustrating about this case. So, we must look at many things that seem otherwise harmless to try to make sense of this.

If S knew ‘dangerous people’…what made E a better target than S? The planning aspect, the personal aspect of this crime points, IMO, to someone who believes they are committing a justified crime.

They made that nightime trip past the house. They waited nearby for S to leave. They wore a costume or odd clothes. They made sure to do,a kill shot.

IMO, somehow, in her non-risky life, she instilled a murderous rage in someone. These days, the triggering moment can sadly, frighteningly…be really quite trivial.

If S knew ‘dangerous people’…what made E a better target than S? The planning aspect, the personal aspect of this crime points, IMO, to someone who believes they are committing a justified crime.

If you haven't watched the Paula Zahn special yet, it's worth the investment - there's a confrontation that occurred with Liz that hasnt been the topic a lot of discussion so far that could plausibly be related. Of course there's a lot of other plausible theories too - but this one evaded my radar these four years until now.

Were Liz and Sergio planning to attend a 501st event on their vacation in FL?
  • Liz and Sergio were planning to leave for Orlando, Florida (Universal Studios and Disney) on Sunday January 27, 2019 to celebrate their 5th wedding anniversary.

About Liz

It was for a Harry Potter attraction in Orlando at Universal Studios, iirc. Unaware if there was any specific event planned for Disney.

Last edited:
If you haven't watched the Paula Zahn special yet, it's worth the investment - there's a confrontation that occurred with Liz that hasnt been the topic a lot of discussion so far that could plausibly be related. Of course there's a lot of other plausible theories too - but this one evaded my radar these four years until now.
I watched that: please refresh my memory about that confrontation of concern

Being an elementary school teacher didn’t used to be a risky position, but one was just shot in class by a child. Being a dance hall attendee did not used to be a risky behavior, but it just takes one aggrieved and unbalanced individual.

Nothing in this victim’s life seems ‘risky’ yet she seems to have been the target of a brutal planned murder. That is what is so frustrating about this case. So, we must look at many things that seem otherwise harmless to try to make sense of this.

They made that nightime trip past the house. They waited nearby for S to leave. They wore a costume or odd clothes. They made sure to do,a kill shot.

IMO, somehow, in her non-risky life, she instilled a murderous rage in someone. These days, the triggering moment can sadly, frighteningly…be really quite trivial.

I think that a person does not have to have a so-called risky job or position to be a target for someone's hatred. It could be a number of things that sets somebody off and the target has no clue he/she is a target. For example, let's say somebody cuts somebody off in traffic and the person who was cut off keeps a rage, finds out where the person lives and acts out on that hatred. That is just one example.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
teqtoshi