TX - Elizabeth Barraza, 29, murdered setting up garage sale, Harris Co, Jan 2019 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've heard S talk about how excited Liz was, making custom outfits and such, but haven't heard much one way or another about S's perspective.
This is a good point. He said she wanted to do the garage sale for extra spending money. She made the custom Harry Potter shoes. Her suitcase was packed and by the door. Nothing about himself though.

I definitely seen that to. On the incident report?
My guess is that Sergio watched his own ring camera video over and over, but that's not really the footage that shows the killer;. The footage that shows the killer would be the neighbors surveillance cam that Sergio wouldn't have seen until later, and maybe that's the one he's only watched once..

Also, if you haven’t revisited who killed LB page Timeline it appears to have an updated timeline. I noticed that it now shows that Liz’s brother and sister in law arrived at the hospital at 9:40 a.m., then her mom and dad arrived shortly after and SB arrived “afternoon”, then the neurological team did the further testing determining her outcome.
SB arrived "afternoon" ! For me, it is inexplicable: when a loved one is in the hospital seriously wounded, who waits several hours before going to his bedside?

My guess is that Sergio watched his own ring camera video over and over, but that's not really the footage that shows the killer;. The footage that shows the killer would be the neighbors surveillance cam that Sergio wouldn't have seen until later, and maybe that's the one he's only watched once..
I agree.

SB arrived "afternoon" ! For me, it is inexplicable: when a loved one is in the hospital seriously wounded, who waits several hours before going to his bedside?
It is eyebrow raising... But, as willing as I am to suspect S, I think we can cut him some slack in this respect as he was detained by police when he arrived home. Could he have convinced LE to get him to the hospital earlier? Maybe so... But it's enough of a hurdle with the rest of the whirlwind of activity that I'd tend to give him the benefit of the doubt on this part.

Last edited:

I found this article from 2020 which discusses that a warrant could soon expose the person who murdered Liz Barraza. So what happened after that? There does not appear to be any follow up articles discussing what occurred as a result of this warrant. Very strange.

Last edited:

I found this article from 2020 which discusses that a warrant could soon expose the person who murdered Liz Barraza. So what happened after that? There does not appear to be any follow up articles discussing what occurred as a result of this warrant. Very strange.
IMO, sometimes when that happens it's because LE are trying to get a reaction from someone who they have under surveillance...shake them out of their apparent complacency that they've gotten away with it.

On the other hand, sometimes LE don't make a peep, because they don't want a suspected perp to destroy evidence, such as we saw in the Moscow, Idaho case.

In general, I think police are quite sophisticated in how they use the media, they aren't transparent, and reading/watching the news isn't the same as being a fly on the wall in the chief detective's office.

JMO

Wonder if it's still being investigated? moo

Hello and thank you. Imo it’s very possible but I’d say it was more personal. There were rows regarding money (as good a motive as any) bounced cheques etc. Don’t know much about the FIL/DIL relationship but it didn’t sound particularly healthy (Especially if Sergio genuinely believed his father could be behind the hit) I do believe whoever killed liz or was behind it, the reason was personal and they knew her well.
Just wanted to reply to this because of the FIL issue. This, to my mind, is one of the strangest aspects of the case, and very, very, singular. Really, aside from truly degenerate types or gang members perhaps, on what planet does a man suggest that his own FATHER murdered his wife. I mean, lots of families have arguments and grievances and, if the son works for the father, disagreements about whether he's being paid as much as he's worth, business management and practices and yes, bounced checks, and more. Never, though, in reading about this case and the victim, family, etc. would I have imagined the suggestion of the father (who Sergio WORKS FOR) as the murderer.

Was Sergio that desperate for work that he would work for a man he thought capable of killing his wife? WHAT THE HECK.

Last edited:
Just wanted to reply to this because of the FIL issue. This, to my mind, is one of the strangest aspects of the case, and very, very, singular. Really, aside from truly degenerate types or gang members perhaps, on what planet does a man suggest that his own FATHER murdered his wife. I mean, lots of families have arguments and grievances and, if the son works for the father, disagreements about whether he's being paid as much as he's worth, business management and practices and yes, bounced checks, and more. Never, though, in reading about this case and the victim, family, etc. would I have imagined the suggestion of the father (who Sergio WORKS FOR) as the murderer.

Was Sergio that desperate for work that he would work for a man he thought capable of killing his wife? WHAT THE HECK.
So I posted about this.. but my post was removed, apparently I was not sensitive enough. What I wonder is...what proof is there that that some on S work checks bounced? If there is proof, what was the reason they bounced? The basis of my current theory..

It is eyebrow raising... But, as willing as I am to suspect S, I think we can cut him some slack in this respect as he was detained by police when he arrived home. Could he have convinced LE to get him to the hospital earlier? Maybe so... But it's enough of a hurdle with the rest of the whirlwind of activity that I'd tend to give him the benefit of the doubt on this part.
Agree, I can only imagine how stressful the whole situation would be and then of course you want to go to hospital but your driveway is full of your stuff for the sale. Most of us would call a family member or close friend to stay at the house I guess?

So I posted about this.. but my post was removed, apparently I was not sensitive enough. What I wonder is...what proof is there that that some on S work checks bounced? If there is proof, what was the reason they bounced? The basis of my current theory..
S said on PZ doc that his father was using all his money on his mistresses.

Maybe someone else here can answer this? I know it was discussed early on but I wouldn’t even know where to begin looking. It’s a good question, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jamesturner781