TX - Elizabeth Barraza, 29, murdered setting up garage sale, Harris Co, Jan 2019 #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the killer had access to vehicles or a vehicle that they “borrowed” while the owner was unaware, the killer simply returned the vehicle by 8am and the owner of the vehicle had no idea and no connection to the murder.

Hypothetically, let’s say the killer is someone with motive who works at a dealership, auto repair shop, etc and just drove a customers vehicle to kill Liz, then just went to work and no one ever noticed the vehicle was gone. Customer arrives early morning to pick up their truck none the wiser. Co workers don’t know Liz and have no reason to suspect anyone they work with of killing her so they never report they had that vehicle in their shop that week.
This is exactly what I think happened.

Another thing about the truck… curious if there is more CCTV footage of the truck because frankly I can’t fathom how it's been determined to be a Nissan Frontier Pro 4x4.

As I’ve watched videos of cars in daytime traffic even these vehicles up close were difficult to know exactly make and model. And this is coming from a person that has an interest in cars. I suspect that there are unreleased footage of this truck which showed make and model... maybe a license plate? Of course this is speculation on my part. moo

More speculation: Hypothetically, what if Liz had a stalker but she didn’t know that she had a stalker? Maybe unaware that someone was watching from afar and had been stalking her for months or even years. Maybe this person knew Liz from her work, cosplay or from her past and really admired Liz, wanted to be with Liz, and finally realized that if they (stalker) weren’t going to be able to have her than no one else would either.

Moreover, seems that after the killer fired the first three shots, Liz collapses, killer stands over Liz to fire the fourth and final shot … Seems that Liz’s killer wanted to make sure she was dead? Strange that this killer stands over (to have that last final look?) Liz before sprinting away? Why?

Killer again drives back by the murder scene as Liz is lying on the driveway helpless .. why was it so important for this killer to see Liz this way? moo

Going out on a limb: If there was an accomplice (or anyone - because someone else knows something) in the truck I hope that they will come forward with what they know.

However, if the killer gets scared and thinks that the accomplice is ready to go to LE about what they know then there is no doubt that accomplice (if applicable) would be shot up. Don’t put anything pass Liz’s killer. This is an extremely dangerous person.

Curious if LE look for murders under this type of circumstance?

MOO

Thank you. Well done. I haven't been able to articulate this in order to stay within TOS. Additionally, someone was quick to do a go - fund - me shortly after the murder of Liz Barraza. moo
I wanted to correct my post. The fund was created for the reward.

Another thing about the truck… curious if there is more CCTV footage of the truck because frankly I can’t fathom how it's been determined to be a Nissan Frontier Pro 4x4.

As I’ve watched videos of cars in daytime traffic even these vehicles up close were difficult to know exactly make and model. And this is coming from a person that has an interest in cars. I suspect that there are unreleased footage of this truck which showed make and model... maybe a license plate? Of course this is speculation on my part. moo
Isn’t There a large decal on the side of the truck that says pro 4x4? It’s unlikely someone would have a Nissan decal on a truck that isn’t a Nissan.

Anyone that is familiar with vehicles can tell it’s a Nissan Frontier ProX4.

This is exactly what I think happened.
I don't think that it is too important 'how" the perp got the car, or if it was his/hers, someone else's or stolen. All of this is meaningless unless you FIND the car. From what I gather, 2013-2019 is 7 years and Nissan produced 500K or so Frontiers during that time. Does anyone know how many of those are the Pro-4X? I'll see what I can find.

You find the car and the rest might fall into place.

I just have a hard time believing this truck was not picked up on CCTV anywhere else. Between traffic cams and businesses that have cameras that pick up portions of the road, I feel it had to have been seen somewhere else. Maybe there is and it hasn't been released because it doesn't help and/or they don't want to show their full hand to the killer. As one possible example: What if they saw the truck on camera somewhere leaving town? But then lost it from there and don't know where it went? There wouldn't be much reason to release that to the public (IMO) but could show some of their hand to the killer. Just some musings of mine.

I just have a hard time believing this truck was not picked up on CCTV anywhere else. Between traffic cams and businesses that have cameras that pick up portions of the road, I feel it had to have been seen somewhere else. Maybe there is and it hasn't been released because it doesn't help and/or they don't want to show their full hand to the killer. As one possible example: What if they saw the truck on camera somewhere leaving town? But then lost it from there and don't know where it went? There wouldn't be much reason to release that to the public (IMO) but could show some of their hand to the killer. Just some musings of mine.
As I think of how this played out, LE may have initially thought that this would be a slam dunk from the get-go. Husband, lover, etc. By the time that LE realized that this was a whodunnit, they were too far behind the eight-ball to request the footage that might have been available from those locations that retain their footage for only a limited time. So many people now have dash cams in their personal vehicles-if LE knew the perp's route early they could have released a PSA asking for footage from anyone driving on those roads at specific times. Had LE known initially that this investigation was going to be so complex, they may have pursued the "footage angle" with much more tenacity.

Looking at the grainy video footage, the killer's body language makes the killer appear angry. Anger and jealousy aren't mutually exclusive.

The jealousy could have been over S, but it also could have been over Liz's job, her position within the Star Wars cosplay community, or even a friendship.

S has said that Liz's co-workers were among the only people who knew about the garage sale, so jealousy or anger over a work situation would not surprise me. I would want to know whether anyone had been fired, reprimanded, or passed over for a promotion because of anything to do with Liz.

Here's my profile of the killer:
An overweight, physically unattractive female around Liz's age who is loud, explosive, and vindictive.
Someone whom others avoid challenging because they know that they'll be "in for it."
Someone who has friends only because certain people would rather be allied to her than be on her list of enemies.
Someone who thinks that she's better than other people even though no one else would agree and who comes across as a know-it-all.
Someone who could be described as a "Karen" in modern parlance.

If you can identify someone like that who might have a grudge against Liz—because of jealousy or because of ANY perceived slight, no matter how minor—then you will have the killer, IMO.
Thanks for the profile. Been really racking my brain here. Throwing an idea out there- could motive have had to do w the garage sale? Maybe Suspect had a financial motivation to be involved in the garage sale, I.e sell something, and Liz did not involve them, and this made them angry? Just continuing to think…

Thanks for the profile. Been really racking my brain here. Throwing an idea out there- could motive have had to do w the garage sale? Maybe Suspect had a financial motivation to be involved in the garage sale, I.e sell something, and Liz did not involve them, and this made them angry? Just continuing to think…

How about this;. "We're about to go on vacation for our anniversary that we've been planning for *months* and because you've blown all the company money on your *mistresses*, my husband's paycheck bounced! Now we're so impacted by *your* indiscretions that I have to have a yard sale to scrounge up enough money for souvenirs!! This isn't over - when we get back I'm going over this whole ordeal with your wife!"

I made up that last part.. but I don't think it's much of a stretch, and the rest has been inferred from interviews.

All conjecture and MOO

Last edited:
As I think of how this played out, LE may have initially thought that this would be a slam dunk from the get-go. Husband, lover, etc. By the time that LE realized that this was a whodunnit, they were too far behind the eight-ball to request the footage that might have been available from those locations that retain their footage for only a limited time. So many people now have dash cams in their personal vehicles-if LE knew the perp's route early they could have released a PSA asking for footage from anyone driving on those roads at specific times. Had LE known initially that this investigation was going to be so complex, they may have pursued the "footage angle" with much more tenacity.
I think they knew they had video immediately after the murder. Not only the doorbell cam footage but the neighbor’s as well. Even if they believed it would be a slam dunk I would imagine they would be quickly gathering evidence.

How about this;. "We're about to go on vacation for our anniversary that we've been planning for *months* and because you've blown all the company money on your *mistresses*, my husband's paycheck bounced! Now we're so impacted by *your* indiscretions that I have to have a yard sale to scrounge up enough money for souvenirs!! This isn't over - when we get back I'm going over this whole ordeal with your wife!"

I made up that last part.. but I don't think it's much of a stretch, and the rest has been inferred from interviews.

All conjecture and MOO
Something like this is, in my opinion, the strongest speculative theory at this point with the information available.

There apparently was some friction between Liz and her father in law and enough of a suspicion from Sergio to mention this in a taped interview.

Something like this is, in my opinion, the strongest speculative theory at this point with the information available.

There apparently was some friction between Liz and her father in law and enough of a suspicion from Sergio to mention this in a taped interview.
Like I said in an earlier post, it seems as though the killer had intimate knowledge of the yard sale and the Barraza schedules.

Why I have a hard time believing the "hired killer theory" is that the killer makes it seem VERY personal. I would suspect that a hired killer would be in-and-out, not say anything to Liz, and likely be less erratic.

Why I have a hard time believing the "hired killer theory" is that the killer makes it seem VERY personal. I would suspect that a hired killer would be in-and-out, not say anything to Liz, and likely be less erratic.

I think if you draw a distinction between "hired killer" and "professional assassin", it starts to seem less outlandish.

E.g. the former could be just any desperate character willing to do unsavory things for money (or other perceived benefits).. they may be nervous or not, angry or not, talkative or not, experienced or not, organized or not, physically fit or not, local or not, drugged or not, known-to-liz or not... It's hard to rule out pretty much anything they might or might not do without knowing who they are.

The latter is maybe a bit easier to profile but a pretty unlikely suspect.. they're the movie villain with ice in their veins and a personal preference drawn from experience on the type of weapon, vehicle, disguise and ammunition they want to use for a given job. I don't think our best guesses place such a person in tomball that day.

I think if you draw a distinction between "hired killer" and "professional assassin", it starts to seem less outlandish.

E.g. the former could be just any desperate character willing to do unsavory things for money (or other perceived benefits).. they may be nervous or not, angry or not, talkative or not, experienced or not, organized or not, physically fit or not, local or not, drugged or not, known-to-liz or not... It's hard to rule out pretty much anything they might or might not do without knowing who they are.

The latter is maybe a bit easier to profile but a pretty unlikely suspect.. they're the movie villain with ice in their veins and a personal preference drawn from experience on the type of weapon, vehicle, disguise and ammunition they want to use for a given job. I don't think our best guesses place such a person in tomball that day.
This is an excellent point. Thanks for elucidating this distinction!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lawdaughter222