TX - Elizabeth Barraza, 29, murdered setting up garage sale, Harris Co, Jan 2019 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What is interesting and most frustrating is to me, is that out of every interview, television appearance, media portrayal, etc., the parents are never asked outright if they think the husband was involved.

You would think that this would be the first question asked, but instead all we get from the parents is regurgitated information that anyone who’s interested in the case has already known for years.

It’s almost as if this question is specifically excluded from interviews, for whatever reason.

You would think with all the social media speculation, the parents would want to address this, and yet, nothing.
Good observation. I think it's important to pay attention to what they omit to say. As in, 'if you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all'...

JMO

You are correct and there's even data on that. The first Google results:
Remarriage After Bereavement
Well, you'd never know that this line was included in the article, which was subtitled "women mourn, men replace":

Men may look to another woman for companionship and sympathy because they take longer to get over their spouse, not because they processed their feelings with the efficiency of a trash compactor.

Also, of course men are generally looking to "replace" the happiness of a good marriage -not the spouse herself. Nice job on the part of the editor or whoever write the headlines to make women look saintly and men like trash.

Take this with a grain of salt. I bring this up because it got me wondering if Liz was stalked prior to her murder?

Recently, I’ve been watching a trial, and the defendant (ex-boyfriend) is accused of stalking and killing his ex-girlfriend's boyfriend (his body has never been found). An inmate of the defendant (they shared a cell together) testified that the defendant chatted about how murder takes a lot of work, you have to figure ways to track people, stalk them, learn there habits, learn what they’re up to so you can found your moment, and suggested trackers from a popular site. This witness also testified that the defendant was upset because the relationship got serious and she (ex) was happy (motive).

In addition, as noted Liz’s dad's recent interview (w/Crime Door) he indicated that the cowards drove by about 2:30 am that morning to see what vehicle her husband was driving. We have professionals looking at the timeline and video that was captured and most conclude the people that killed her knew who she was, knew where she was, knew she was going to be out there by herself, and timed their attack so that it would be before kids were going to school, cars in the neighborhood planned this out to the last degree.

I find the stalking chat enlightening. Wonder if Liz was unaware or maybe even aware of a stalker ... maybe from her past? Agreed about what LE may have advised, as it's been mentioned here by others and myself previously.

Obviously moo

Thoughts anyone?

At Liz's family site/press & media, Crime Door/Episode 43

Take this with a grain of salt. I bring this up because it got me wondering if Liz was stalked prior to her murder?

Recently, I’ve been watching a trial, and the defendant (ex-boyfriend) is accused of stalking and killing his ex-girlfriend's boyfriend (his body has never been found). An inmate of the defendant (they shared a cell together) testified that the defendant chatted about how murder takes a lot of work, you have to figure ways to track people, stalk them, learn there habits, learn what they’re up to so you can found your moment, and suggested trackers from a popular site. This witness also testified that the defendant was upset because the relationship got serious and she (ex) was happy (motive).

In addition, as noted Liz’s dad's recent interview (w/Crime Door) he indicated that the cowards drove by about 2:30 am that morning to see what vehicle her husband was driving. We have professionals looking at the timeline and video that was captured and most conclude the people that killed her knew who she was, knew where she was, knew she was going to be out there by herself, and timed their attack so that it would be before kids were going to school, cars in the neighborhood planned this out to the last degree.

I find the stalking chat enlightening. Wonder if Liz was unaware or maybe even aware of a stalker ... maybe from her past? Agreed about what LE may have advised, as it's been mentioned here by others and myself previously.

Obviously moo

Thoughts anyone?

At Liz's family site/press & media, Crime Door/Episode 43

It’s possible however S has had no issues telling people who the police considered suspects so I would think if she had a stalker, he would have said something.

I think if Liz had a stalker or jilted ex, it would have mentioned by her parents. But since Liz had been in a relationship with Sergio for 10 years, that doesn’t really leave room for her to have had a ex that was still hung up on her. iMO
Honestly, I would not rule that out. While 10 years is more than 2-3, it is not too long time for a grudge.
Here is an example of a women killed by her ex 10 years after a divorce (though there were kids involved, too).
Here is an example of a man killing his exes new partner - while this was after a short time, the set-up is interestingly similar.

I guess the mane difference is, that these were angry men who were known to be angry. Which is kinda in line with why I think the killer was a women, if the motive was romance-related.

Honestly, I would not rule that out. While 10 years is more than 2-3, it is not too long time for a grudge.
Here is an example of a women killed by her ex 10 years after a divorce (though there were kids involved, too).
Here is an example of a man killing his exes new partner - while this was after a short time, the set-up is interestingly similar.

I guess the mane difference is, that these were angry men who were known to be angry. Which is kinda in line with why I think the killer was a women, if the motive was romance-related.
I was also factoring in Liz’s young age, if she’d been with Sergio for 10 years, then they’d been together since she was 19. That doesn’t leave much room for any other serious relationship.

This neighborhood seemed to have been filled with security cameras. I’m curious if there’s footage from other homes that hasn’t been released. I find it hard to believe that not a single camera got a part of a plate — at least the state — when the sun started to rise.

I haven't heard anything back yet, but I'm not giving up! I'll find a nerd somewhere that knows the numbers. My initial impression is that Nissan will not assist a layperson in a criminal case, so I am continuing to seek these production numbers, but without overtly referring to any pending criminal matter. Exploring Nissan forums and fan pages as an alternative means of acquiring this data.
I didn’t realize the Pro-4X was THAT uncommon. The few times I’ve seen one, I always think about this case and I want to take a picture of the truck/LP with my phone since I live in the Tomball/Woodlands area. I was behind a truck like this just last week in traffic. But then I think taking a picture is really jumping to conclusions and probably wouldn’t be helpful to LE.

I haven't heard anything back yet, but I'm not giving up! I'll find a nerd somewhere that knows the numbers. My initial impression is that Nissan will not assist a layperson in a criminal case, so I am continuing to seek these production numbers, but without overtly referring to any pending criminal matter. Exploring Nissan forums and fan pages as an alternative means of acquiring this data.
I didn’t realize the Pro-4X was THAT uncommon. The few times I’ve seen one, I always think about this case and I want to take a picture of the truck/LP with my phone since I live in the Tomball/Woodlands area. I was behind a truck like this just last week in traffic. But then I think taking a picture is really jumping to conclusions and probably wouldn’t be helpful to LE.

Last edited:
This neighborhood seemed to have been filled with security cameras. I’m curious if there’s footage from other homes that hasn’t been released. I find it hard to believe that not a single camera got a part of a plate — at least the state — when the sun started to rise.
I believe most likely there are more than one unreleased cctv, of course that’s speculation and I have nothing to back it up.

It’s along the lines of investigative work, imo. ;)

Nissan won't help. I tried this avenue around 18 months back and sent Nissan of America still shots of the truck asking them do they have an expert who could tell me the exact make and model of the truck. I didn't tell them initially it was a truck used in the comission of a homicide. I got passed from one dpt to another when I wouldn't give them info, and they wanted to know if it were my truck. Silly question seen as I'm asking can they ID the make and model of my own vehicle?

Anyway, I eventually told them the reason I was asking and as soon as I did, they became almost hostile to me asking as though their truck being used by a killer somehow reflected bad on them.

If you get any info from them let us know, I doubt you will though.

Incidentally, for anyone interested, I have a list of all black Nissan Frontiers registered in the Tomball area around the time of Liz's murder. Many have scoffed at this suggesting that Tomball is far too small an area and I should have requested one for Harris County or Houston. I reply to that saying the list for Tomball alone cost me just shy of $100. Do the math and est. a similar list for Harris Co.

These are rare, there are or were less than 40 registered in Tomball when Liz was murdered. I have the list with all Vins and have traced via research the names of the owners of these trucks on Jan 25, 2019.

There are several of particular interest. On was bought by a resident of Tomball two days before the murder. Another is owned by a woman who's a star wars and cosplay fanatic and has pics on her Facebook of her dressed as Princess Leya. In another she's wearing a t-shirt with 'I love Star Wars' on it.

Many interesting discoveries.

Barraza report

So, to introduce myself, I'm Alex. I was once asked while under the same screen name 'Welsh Chappie' where I'm from? I said, quite obviously, Scotland.

<modsnip> the link above is a link to a video Arrin Stoner and I made after I had gotten the Precinct 4 report for HCSO Open Records Dpt. We also found the alternate route theory Bob talks about in His recent interview.

Sergio was kind enough to give me the full hour nest video leading up to Liz's murder and shows them setting up the garage sale and the various vehicles that went by that morning.

I've been at this for over two years now, and I simply won't stop until the coward who did this to Elizabeth is caught and slung into a cell for the rest of his pathetic life where he belongs.

Last edited by a moderator:
Barraza report

So, to introduce myself, I'm Alex. I was once asked while under the same screen name 'Welsh Chappie' where I'm from? I said, quite obviously, Scotland.

<modsnip> the link above is a link to a video Arrin Stoner and I made after I had gotten the Precinct 4 report for HCSO Open Records Dpt. We also found the alternate route theory Bob talks about in His recent interview.

Sergio was kind enough to give me the full hour nest video leading up to Liz's murder and shows them setting up the garage sale and the various vehicles that went by that morning.

I've been at this for over two years now, and I simply won't stop until the coward who did this to Elizabeth is caught and slung into a cell for the rest of his pathetic life where he belongs.
@WelshChappie, Welcome! What took you so long to post on this thread? Anyway, glad to see you here, and thank you for all your work on Liz's case. I'm very familiar with your work.

@WelshChappie, Welcome! What took you so long to post on this thread? Anyway, glad to see you here, and thank you for all your work on Liz's case. I'm very familiar with your work.
Thank you, Me too.
I liked the idea of refering to myself as an official "Web Sloth" because, that's just my sense of humour lol. Anyhow, thank you to yourself and all other for the welcome.

Much appre

I am so glad to hear your name on this thread! Very familiar with your work on this case and knowing that you are so dedicated to getting a solution for this terrible crime is fantastic!
Thank you.

I've always said and believed all of us are good at something. If each of us here decided to be pro active and do what we are good at, the case would move forward toward a resolution. Every one of us can do something, and each one is no more important nor less important than than the other

<modsnip: Quoted post was removed>

I think @Cedars is actually trying to help ensure that your valuable contributions remain visible on this discussion thread. As long-time members of this website, many of us are familiar with the moderation policies that can (and do) result in people's posts being pulled for lack of mainstream media sources. One way to avoid this is for folks with legitimate real-world connections to the people involved in the case to apply to be "verified" by the administrators of this website. Once your identity (and your real-world connection to the folks involved in the case) has been verified, you will not be required to provide mainstream media sources to support the claims you make in your posts.

I'm sure I speak for many of us on this thread when I say that we welcome your insights into this case and hope you will consider becoming a "verified insider" so that we can freely converse with you here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member