TX TX - Elizabeth Barraza, 29, murdered setting up garage sale, Harris Co, Jan 2019 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear Websleuths Members and Guests,

Websleuths will go dark if we don't raise the money for the server.

We have raised a little over 400 dollars.

We need another $1,300.00 to have enough to pay for the server.
Below are the ways you can donate.
PayPal Pay Websleuths.com, LLC using PayPal.Me
Venmo name Tricia-Griffith-14
OR
Cash App $tgrif14
Zelle use triciastruecrimeradio@gmail.com

Be sure and put "server" in the memo.

The advertising has been awful this year. I am so sorry that I have to ask.

Please, only donate if you can afford to do so. DO NOT DONATE ONE PENNY UNLESS YOU ARE SURE YOU CAN.

I will post when we have reached our goal.

Please do not discuss on this thread.
CLICK HERE to post any questions.

Thank you, everyone. I appreciate your help.
Take Care,
Tricia Griffith

Owner/Websleuths.com
P.S. I will post when we have reached our goal
on this thread

I'm curious if the killer turned around and drove back by the crime (murder) scene because there wasn't any other choice. Were sirens already being heard in the area? It appears that LE acted quickly to neighbors' 911 call. Did the killer get scared and anxious and turned around to avoid police presence? Moo

Friday, February 1, 2019

TOMBALL, Texas (KTRK) -- Friends and family raised light sabers and released a sky lantern for a Star Wars fan who was gunned down last week in her driveway near Tomball.

Quite possibly. But then, that means the killer has learned to identify, not the victim's vehicle, but the victim's husband's. And anticipates that the husband will leave for work at a very particular time, but the victim won't. How did the killer know S wouldn't be staying home to run the garage sale, along with Liz?

JMO
Right? A lot of times couples run it together, so they can have restroom breaks or whatever.

Based on the number of times the truck was seen on camera, as well as the 6:48 departure of S from the Barazza home, I think the killer moving to a concealed location was 100% intentional to make sure something wasn’t on camera at that moment.
Were the plates concealed? I can't recall that detail, probably skimmed over it.

The garage sale wasn’t advertised on social media. Only a handful of close family members and workers knew about the garage sale. Interview those people again or take another look at them to hear what they have to say or had previously said, because it would seem someone within that group would know something. Would have valuable information. Not pointing a finger at anyone, only saying that someone near possibly has information that they may not even know is an important factor. Someone knows something.

Only a matter of opinion. No factual information.
Another one if those odd little details that sticks with me.

Were the plates concealed? I can't recall that detail, probably skimmed over it.
Not that I am aware of, but for clarification, I didn't say they were concealed. I was referring to the truck moving from the Goddard school to a secondary concealed location before going directly to the Barrazas.

The issue with this is that instead of handing Liz something to distract her, the killer could have just shot her. One they made their way right up to her they were close enough to strike, so no need to really distract

Objectively, I agree with both points.

But I think there is a subjective "but"....

Murder is often a very emotional act. As a result, rather, than acting like "Terminators", murders will taunt their victims, justify their own actions out loud to either themselves or to the victim, or even attempt to create a scene or pose for poetic "justice"- all when there are no objective reasons to do so.

Likewise, murderers can also interrogate their victim even when they already know the answer / "answer" to the questions.

It’s scary knowing that someone is willing to come on your property (apparently w/o fear) to commit murder. What a scary world this is, imo.

No one is safe any where at any time, imo. Is the town of Tomball safe? Is this an isolated incident? Do LE know who committed this crime and for whatever reason are unable to apprehend the killer? Why?

Unfathomable to think the truck can’t be traced? Surveillance cameras and private cameras in the neighborhood have been of no help? Here we are over four years later and killer still walks among us free? Why?

This may appear to be the “perfect crime” but it is not! Why are there no tv shows talking about Liz? Why are there no interviews about Liz? Why is no one talking about this horrific murder and keeping it out there in the media? Someone knows something.

All MOO

The reward for information leading to the arrest and conviction of those responsible is now up to $50,000.00.

If you have a tip, please call the Crime Stoppers of Houston Tip Line - all calls are completely anonymous. Only tips and calls DIRECTLY TO Crime Stoppers are anonymous and eligible for a cash reward.

+1 (713) 222-TIPS

Everyone of average and above intelligence now understands that there are cameras everywhere, especially on highways. This person made no attempt to avoid any community cameras because they couldn't get to her house any other way. But they did manage to avoid any highway cameras or toll transponder scanning rigs which should have caught them coming and going from the crime scene.

Perhaps this person didn't care they were caught? or knows that cameras won't capture his/her face at a certain rage? Knowledge of security camera limitations or police investigations?

The Tip Line Program continues to be a national crime solving system and aims to equip and motivate all citizens to report crime. Ways to report: • Calling 713-222-TIPS (8477) • Submitting online at http://crime-stoppers.org • Or through the Crime Stoppers mobile app

It’s scary knowing that someone is willing to come on your property (apparently w/o fear) to commit murder. What a scary world this is, imo.

No one is safe any where at any time, imo. Is the town of Tomball safe? Is this an isolated incident? Do LE know who committed this crime and for whatever reason are unable to apprehend the killer? Why?

Unfathomable to think the truck can’t be traced? Surveillance cameras and private cameras in the neighborhood have been of no help? Here we are over four years later and killer still walks among us free? Why?

This may appear to be the “perfect crime” but it is not! Why are there no tv shows talking about Liz? Why are there no interviews about Liz? Why is no one talking about this horrific murder and keeping it out there in the media? Someone knows something.

All MOO
I get a strong whiff of "romantic entanglement" off of this.

No particular reason or rationale; just, well... a murder this bizarre and random generally doesn't happen; unless it is in fact not bizarre or random.

(Yes, I realize in retrospect that kind of makes no sense and doesn't add much, lol, as if we knew; we'd know.)

Someone wanted Liz dead because of something she either was or wasn't doing, and the killer wanted her to do the opposite.

All MOO

So far, IMO, this is a perfect crime. We all watch lots of true crime: what bugs me is some cases are in fact solved by DNA 30 YEARS LATER AND THE PERP IS DEAD! That perp got to live a normal life for 30 freaking years-- and was never caught: that is a perfect crime IMO. I hope the Barraza case does not become that cold-- I am concerned that there does not appear to be as much media attention as there should be--- The police like to say there is no perfect crime and that the perps tend to leave something of themselves behind, but in the Barraza case, nothing was left behind: no DNA, no fingerprints-- there is video and a vehicle which should be able to lead the cops to the killer--- so far though, it has not.

I get a strong whiff of "romantic entanglement" off of this.

No particular reason or rationale; just, well... a murder this bizarre and random generally doesn't happen; unless it is in fact not bizarre or random.

(Yes, I realize in retrospect that kind of makes no sense and doesn't add much, lol, as if we knew; we'd know.)

Someone wanted Liz dead because of something she either was or wasn't doing, and the killer wanted her to do the opposite.
Did someone know, that Liz wanted to celebrate their 5th anniversary (therefore the garage sale) and this someone didn't like, if Liz would still be able to have her day? Maybe, it was promised to the person, the next anniversary wouldn't took place?
Why didn't Liz advertise the garage sale on SM, if she had accounts? I can't believe it, privacy back or forth. Why all the work of carrying the stuff out and building it up, if only some friends/acquaintances would have shown up (as I heard here on WS)? Liz had a job, afaik, so she even had to take one day off for this garage sale. All for nearly nothing to gain? o_O a lot.

Perhaps this person didn't care they were caught? or knows that cameras won't capture his/her face at a certain rage? Knowledge of security camera limitations or police investigations?
I am thinking that a variant of the first option is more likely (did not care if caught). This whole crime looks like the "standard" impulsive grudge murder rather than a carefully thought out crime.

But... being largely impulsive does not mean that one cannot also be lucky. I am thinking that the lack of a good photo of the murderer and the truck reflects that luck.

Likewise, I agree with the frustration regarding that the case has not been solved. I am thinking that there could be 3 general sources of motives: 1- Family 2- Neighborhood 3- Social life

My guess is that the police would have received good leads- or perhaps exacting information regarding motives from 1 family and 2 neighborhood (small worlds).

But....

The victim and her husband apparently had extensive on line lives in addition to being active in adult cos play (stated to be home of a visible minority of high maintenance / intense participants). Thus, the broad social life raises the possibility of the murderer coming from "afar".

Though one would think that social media could be tracked, perhaps there are so many social media platforms now that some are slipping under the radar in regards to the police investigation?

The cosplay motive could also have a perpetrator living outside of Houston, but a largely face to face dispute at a convention etc. that would not have a big social media trail.

I am thinking that a variant of the first option is more likely (did not care if caught). This whole crime looks like the "standard" impulsive grudge murder rather than a carefully thought out crime.

But... being largely impulsive does not mean that one cannot also be lucky. I am thinking that the lack of a good photo of the murderer and the truck reflects that luck.

Likewise, I agree with the frustration regarding that the case has not been solved. I am thinking that there could be 3 general sources of motives: 1- Family 2- Neighborhood 3- Social life

My guess is that the police would have received good leads- or perhaps exacting information regarding motives from 1 family and 2 neighborhood (small worlds).

But....

The victim and her husband apparently had extensive on line lives in addition to being active in adult cos play (stated to be home of a visible minority of high maintenance / intense participants). Thus, the broad social life raises the possibility of the murderer coming from "afar".

Though one would think that social media could be tracked, perhaps there are so many social media platforms now that some are slipping under the radar in regards to the police investigation?

The cosplay motive could also have a perpetrator living outside of Houston, but a largely face to face dispute at a convention etc. that would not have a big social media trail.

true, it could easily be someone from another state or another country visiting or went there on a mission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
teqtoshi