TX TX - Elizabeth Barraza, 29, murdered setting up garage sale, Harris Co, Jan 2019 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

(Apologies if this has been posted here already. I'm trying to find the time to refresh my memory and re-read everything but we're up to thread #5 so far! There's a lot to read)

Just an observation, I'm not pointing fingers here. I find it strange SB says he's only watched the footage once to see if he recognises the shooter - why only once? I understand it's a horrific thing to watch your partner be killed but personally, I'd be watching it a thousand times a day (and probably driving myself insane) to scour every single detail for some sort of clue as to who did it. It would be burned into my brain. He also mentions he sometimes drives past the house and looks at the life he could have had

All MOO

I wanted to post what Liz's mom said at the end of Paula Zahn: A Fairy Tale Ruined (video):
PZ asked Liz’s mom what do you hope Liz’s legacy will be:

She made such a difference in this world in her short life... Liz’s legacy has gone way beyond Liz. So many people out there who are honoring her. Want to keep her spirit alive. She may be gone but she is still making a difference, everyday.

I love her statement and I am so sorry for Liz's family and friends and I know that one day there will be justice for Liz and her family and friends.

I've seen this mentioned on other social media as well and was so confused why anyone would think it was closed. They hold annual press conferences each year with Crimestoppers and the Sherriff's office.

I get it now. I see where you are reading closed.

Harris County Constables do not handle murder cases. The Harris County Sheriff's Office does.

The Constables were the first on the scene (they are patrol units among other duties). They did the preliminary incident/investigation report. It then became a HOMICIDE investigation (assigned new case number).

IT IS IN THE REPORT ON PAGE 5 AND PAGE 15

It is an active case; I wish it was closed, solved and justice served.

EDITED TO ADD: yikes! my post takes up the whole thread :rolleyes: and yes, it is my opinion they likely know who is behind the murder but have not identified all parties involved or are not confident they have enough evidence to secure a conviction.

The decision to charge is ultimately up to the Harris County DA. The DA office is reeling from the third re-trial of AJ Armstrong, they might be hesitant. Like AJ's case, Liz's will likely be based on circumstantial evidence barring a cooperating co-conspirator. You now have an alternate "suspect" situation since Sergio has named his dad (if his dad is not the one charged that is a huge problem). Any good defense team will run with that.

View attachment 438264

View attachment 438267

I've not forgotten Harris County District Attorney Kim Ogg's words and felt she is genuine. Moo

Timestamp 10:58

Thank you for posting video and pics. What you showed is exactly what I saw early on. After you mentioned it I rewatched AStoner's 1st video and notice the tailgate looked (could see the bar across) up in one clip. In addition, wonder if the lowered tailgate is light reflection? All interesting factors and more reviewing is needed.

What are your thoughts on whether there is anyone sitting in the passenger seat? TIA

Moo
I agree there are so many interesting factors in this case!

So far I am leaning more towards Arrin Stoner’s statement that there is someone in the a passenger seat in the truck. It does look like there is a shadow of someone that can be seen on cctv. To be fair I am not the best expert on cameras and cctv so I could be wrong but I tried to take pictures from the same KHOU video as before. Sorry these pictures aren’t that clear all.

Attachments

• IMG_8906.jpeg
    IMG_8906.jpeg
    43.2 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_8913.jpeg
    IMG_8913.jpeg
    32.7 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_8918.jpeg
    IMG_8918.jpeg
    36.6 KB · Views: 22
It's interesting that in the supplemental report it's noted that SB didn't inquire about his wife's status or request permission to go to the hospital.

Yeah, LE is trained to watch reactions of spouses, family, significant others. Good that they documented it. IIRC, they documented a couple other unusual things in his behavior that day. It's a subtle reference.

It's interesting that in the supplemental report it's noted that SB didn't inquire about his wife's status or request permission to go to the hospital.
I recall that part of the incident report. Also, on the incident report is this paragraph:

"While walking back to the front of the home I could hear a male voice from the homes Ring Door Bell Camera system. The male identified himself as the homeowner, which he kept asking if his wife was okay. I advised the male that he needed to return home and I would provide him with more details.”

I've attached Arrin Stoner's Liz Barraza Case 2022 Incident Report + Bonus Footage - Paragraph can been seen @timestamp 7:37 (its page 7 of report)

<modsnip: no link no discussion>

Last edited by a moderator:
Warning: random speculation & wandering thoughts.

What’s so scary to me - is if this was truly random? I really don’t believe that to be the case. But for it not to have ANY movement over 4 years - is there really no evidence? What if it was a random person who just was looking for trouble over those hours caught on surveillance? That would explain how there is 0 evidence tying it to anyone. (As far as we know).
This speculation definitely comes from frustration & fear. Like sometimes coincidences DO happen. We can’t account for the probability of everything I suppose.

Like I said I don’t really believe this. But the way things have been going makes me wonder.

What’s so scary to me - is if this was truly random? I really don’t believe that to be the case. But for it not to have ANY movement over 4 years - is there really no evidence? What if it was a random person who just was looking for trouble over those hours caught on surveillance? That would explain how there is 0 evidence tying it to anyone. (As far as we know).
This speculation definitely comes from frustration & fear. Like sometimes coincidences DO happen. We can’t account for the probability of everything I suppose.

Like I said I don’t really believe this. But the way things have been going makes me wonder.
This is actually what I originally thought as well- this was a random crime or mistaken identity- some random crazy. I changed my mind when I saw the very precise timing of movements to first familiarize themselves with the area, then position themselves to strike after her husband left.

I just listened to "Criminology" podcast dated 16 Jul. Nothing really jumps out for the most part and it is stuff that we also discuss on here. However, one item is that Paul Holes - of the EAR/ONS fame - will be involved in an upcoming program on the case and Holes mentions an incident at Elizabeth's workplace. Evidently someone there fired a gun?

That is in one of my thoughts as well. Could the killer have seen the garage sale signs with the address and then drove by to see what vehicles might have been in front of the house? Then wait till one of them leaves to drive to the house for a random 'thrill kill'? A LOT of 'if's' there though. I'm still going with the targeted killing, too.

Watched a YT video this morning by Det Ken Mains of the Cold Case Society. Near the end, he asks for those who have a friend or family member of a victim in a Cold Case to contact him. Det Mains is beginning a new series titled EXIT: Unsolved that will feature deep dives into those cold cases.

@arielilane would you be able to email Det Mains for the purpose of requesting he include Elizabeth's case in his new series? TIA

Kenneth L. Mains

Watching a program on Oxygen- The Real Murders of Atlanta- they are trying to identify a suspect in the murder of three men in a hotel room that occurred in 1998. They have video of the suspect but the video isn't clear: they sent it to NASA to see if they could enhance it. They were not able to really enhance it but they were able to tell the height and weight of the suspect, which is something the Barraza case does not have. Obviously I have no idea how aggressive law enforcement is in this case, but they need to turn over every rock to find this killer and if that means sending that video to NASA perhaps they should try that. they sure have nothing to lose. Maybe they've done that - who knows-- For some reason i doubt it. Same thing with the vehicle. The perp and the vehicle are on video!!

I recall that part of the incident report. Also, on the incident report is this paragraph:

"While walking back to the front of the home I could hear a male voice from the homes Ring Door Bell Camera system. The male identified himself as the homeowner, which he kept asking if his wife was okay. I advised the male that he needed to return home and I would provide him with more details.”

I've attached Arrin Stoner's Liz Barraza Case 2022 Incident Report + Bonus Footage - Paragraph can been seen @timestamp 7:37 (its page 7 of report)

<modsnip: no link no discussion>
This guy along with Alex provide great insight.

Watching a program on Oxygen- The Real Murders of Atlanta- they are trying to identify a suspect in the murder of three men in a hotel room that occurred in 1998. They have video of the suspect but the video isn't clear: they sent it to NASA to see if they could enhance it. They were not able to really enhance it but they were able to tell the height and weight of the suspect, which is something the Barraza case does not have. Obviously I have no idea how aggressive law enforcement is in this case, but they need to turn over every rock to find this killer and if that means sending that video to NASA perhaps they should try that. they sure have nothing to lose. Maybe they've done that - who knows-- For some reason i doubt it. Same thing with the vehicle. The perp and the vehicle are on video!!
MOO I have a feeling that LE has an idea who was involved but lacks the evidence for an arrest. As with Libby and Abby, LE needs that one piece of the puzzle for it to come together. Their search in Florida may have been a clue to POI or maybe just investigating the rumors.

Questions about the killer since it committed the senseless brutal murder of Liz Barraza.

Has the killer changed jobs often, having problems keeping employment?
Is the killer moving a lot, out of state or to another city?
Does the killer have an illicit drug addiction/abuse or alcohol abuse or both?

All speculation/moo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member