TX TX - Elizabeth Barraza, 29, murdered setting up garage sale, Harris Co, Jan 2019 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m glad to see movement on Liz‘s thread.

I’m not caught up yet.

I live in far west Houston/ Harris County.

interesting about OB and also that maybe a shot was fired into Liz’s work.

the YT video “That Chapter” does an excellent review of the tragic story. what other podcasts or YT do you recommend?
True Crime Garage

For anyone who watched Arrin Stoner’s videos or the video posted by Alex Lewis showing the truck speeding down Sandusky I was wondering if you noticed this white elongated material sticking straight out of the back of the truck? I only noticed it when I slowed the videos down and zoomed in because I have poor eyesight but for those who did see it so you have an idea what the material is and is it in your opinion that the truck was bed was modified to fit the material?

Sorry if this has been talked about already but it was just something I noted and couldn’t figure out.

For anyone who watched Arrin Stoner’s videos or the video posted by Alex Lewis showing the truck speeding down Sandusky I was wondering if you noticed this white elongated material sticking straight out of the back of the truck? I only noticed it when I slowed the videos down and zoomed in because I have poor eyesight but for those who did see it so you have an idea what the material is and is it in your opinion that the truck was bed was modified to fit the material?

Sorry if this has been talked about already but it was just something I noted and couldn’t figure out.
I don't remember seeing material in the back - I'm overdue to re-watch all the videos, though, so I'll keep an eye out!

I noticed it and wondered if the truck tailgate intentionally placed down in order to block view of license plate? moo

Pic of lowered tailgate which conceals the license plate. Additionally, include a license plate blocker or license plate spray blocker. moo

View attachment 437036
Credit site: autombile.gayot.com
Thanks! I was thinking along the same lines too but I couldn’t make sense for why the lowered tailgate would look white instead of black or gray like the rest of the truck or why the shape looked similar to a tube. To be fair my vision is pretty bad but I also wondered if it was possible that the assailant was carrying some type of material from work or in the bed of the truck. Just speculating though.

Thought I'd post this less than 2 minute video.

Jan 22, 2021
It’s been nearly two years since a Texas woman was shot dead while setting up a garage sale. Now, police have released a new video that her family hopes will help find her killer. In the early hours of Jan. 25, 2019, Elizabeth Barraza, 29, was in front of her home in Tomball, Texas setting up for the garage sale when a shadowy figure walked up. The killer shot her four times at point-blank range. The killer jumped into a pickup truck and quickly drove away. A new video provides a new clue.

Jan 22, 2021
It’s been nearly two years since a Texas woman was shot dead while setting up a garage sale. Now, police have released a new video that her family hopes will help find her killer. In the early hours of Jan. 25, 2019, Elizabeth Barraza, 29, was in front of her home in Tomball, Texas setting up for the garage sale when a shadowy figure walked up. The killer shot her four times at point-blank range. The killer jumped into a pickup truck and quickly drove away. A new video provides a new clue.
Thanks! Your video actually gave me an idea of trying to grab screenshots of what I was referring too. They didn’t come out that good (the images are clearer in Alex Lewis’ video but I tried my best used a video from January 2021 that was produced by KHOU.

Attachments

• IMG_8896.jpeg
    IMG_8896.jpeg
    47 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_8898.jpeg
    IMG_8898.jpeg
    38.9 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_8897.jpeg
    IMG_8897.jpeg
    45.4 KB · Views: 34
Thanks! Your video actually gave me an idea of trying to grab screenshots of what I was referring too. They didn’t come out that good (the images are clearer in Alex Lewis’ video but I tried my best used a video from January 2021 that was produced by KHOU.

Thank you for posting video and pics. What you showed is exactly what I saw early on. After you mentioned it I rewatched AStoner's 1st video and notice the tailgate looked (could see the bar across) up in one clip. In addition, wonder if the lowered tailgate is light reflection? All interesting factors and more reviewing is needed.

What are your thoughts on whether there is anyone sitting in the passenger seat? TIA

Moo

Jan 22, 2021
See the start pic of the video: Looks, like the suspect is carrying a granny handbag on his left arm??

I still wonder about the truck that was stopped by LE very soon after the shooting. Why was it quickly cleared by the one person who stopped the truck? Did any other LE follow up later with that, visit the driver for additional questioning, do more digging as to why that person was in the area at that time?

I think they need new investigators with fresh eyes to relook at everything from the beginning. Kind of like the Delphi case seemed to have the right info early on but it was ignored or overlooked. I feel the same way with this case. Imo.

Last edited:
I still wonder about the truck that was stopped by LE very soon after the shooting. Why was it quickly cleared by the one person who stopped the truck? Did any other LE follow up later with that, visit the driver for additional questioning, do more digging as to why that person was in the area at that time?

I think they need new investigators with fresh eyes to relook at everything from the beginning. Kind of like the Delphi case seemed to have the right info early on but it was ignored or overlooked. I feel the same way with this case. Imo.
I have watched almost every documentary and video possible about this case and this puzzles me more than anything. The other issue I have is that when the vehicle circled back and passed the crime scene for a second time did nobody see anything. For example, nobody saw the driver? I know it was still a little dark out but I can't get past that.

Just now starting to actively follow this case, although it occurred 4 years ago it’s trouble there’s no clear lead on the person responsible, have a lot of catching up.
I’m curious if anyone knows the size of her neighborhood? From what I do know there’s question on motive for garage sale and why she failed to advertise or announce on SM, she simply placed 2 signs within the neighborhood (I’m not clear on location of signs).
Is it possible that the neighborhood is large enough to explain for her not advertising? If the quantity of items for sale weren’t that enormous then maybe she didn’t need to solicit large crowds and could rely on neighborhood for a successful garage sale. Subdivisions in parts of Atlanta are similar to a small town so a few signs would be all that’s needed, may not be the case for her specific neighborhood. Just a thought as I start to learn of the details and locate map showing detailed area.

Just now starting to actively follow this case, although it occurred 4 years ago it’s trouble there’s no clear lead on the person responsible, have a lot of catching up.
I’m curious if anyone knows the size of her neighborhood? From what I do know there’s question on motive for garage sale and why she failed to advertise or announce on SM, she simply placed 2 signs within the neighborhood (I’m not clear on location of signs).
Is it possible that the neighborhood is large enough to explain for her not advertising? If the quantity of items for sale weren’t that enormous then maybe she didn’t need to solicit large crowds and could rely on neighborhood for a successful garage sale. Subdivisions in parts of Atlanta are similar to a small town so a few signs would be all that’s needed, may not be the case for her specific neighborhood. Just a thought as I start to learn of the details and locate map showing detailed area.
It's large easily 400+ houses with other surrounding neighborhoods.

Sergio stated two signs one on Princeton Place Dr. and the other on Huffsmith Kuykendahl (Note: youtubers it is pronounced kur ken doll; a running joke in Houston if you can't pronounce it you're not from here),

My neighborhood is small and people do the same thing re: advertising and signage. Actually, around here you are lucky if someone doesn't throw your sign away. We have neighborhood "sign police" out this way. :):D

Ironically while looking I noticed the cedar walk house was just listed for sale again.

I have watched almost every documentary and video possible about this case and this puzzles me more than anything. The other issue I have is that when the vehicle circled back and passed the crime scene for a second time did nobody see anything. For example, nobody saw the driver? I know it was still a little dark out but I can't get past that.
I know right! Not every murder case has video footage and an eyewitness.

Unbelievable luck. Unless LE is holding back.

It's large easily 400+ houses with other surrounding neighborhoods.

Sergio stated two signs one on Princeton Place Dr. and the other on Huffsmith Kuykendahl (Note: youtubers it is pronounced kur ken doll; a running joke in Houston if you can't pronounce it you're not from here),

My neighborhood is small and people do the same thing re: advertising and signage. Actually, around here you are lucky if someone doesn't throw your sign away. We have neighborhood "sign police" out this way. :):D

Ironically while looking I noticed the cedar walk house was just listed for sale again.
Thanks for clarifying so maybe not advertising isn’t that suspicious. Every neighborhood has a select group of annoying busybodies who appoint themselves as enforcers of their self made rules. I miss living in Atlanta but don’t miss neighborhood busybodies, my nearest neighbor now is nearly 1/2 mile away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ashnic86