TX TX - Elizabeth Barraza, 29, murdered setting up garage sale, Harris Co, Jan 2019 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It reminds me of Terri Bevers's case. I would love to see her case re-opened with a fresh pair of eyes.
Some of us have made that comparison here and on the Bevers' case. If this killer is wearing a disguise, I do wonder if they would have gotten the idea from the Bevers case or the Killer Clown murder case.

That truck was pulled over incredibly quick from what I am reading here. Could that have been the killer? I wonder about the communication from those at the scene. Did LE already see the camera footage AND ID the make and model of the truck? I don't know enough about Nissans to be able to ID that truck from either the Barraza's camera or the neighbor's.

IOW, could the officer just hear that it was recent model DARK - not necessarily black - pickup and this officer pulls over a black Toyota instead, for example? Could the officer assumed the killer was a male and let the truck go when seeing a female driving?

Looking at this further with a critical eye I have a difficult time finding an MSM article mentioning the truck being stopped so I can't even verify when or where this occurred, if it did occur. Even if the fact that a truck was pulled over could it have a model OTHER THAN a Nissan, but the rumor mill has embellished the story? In any event, many LE agencies have cameras in the vehicles so LE might even have the stop on video.

That truck was pulled over incredibly quick from what I am reading here. Could that have been the killer? I wonder about the communication from those at the scene. Did LE already see the camera footage AND ID the make and model of the truck? I don't know enough about Nissans to be able to ID that truck from either the Barraza's camera or the neighbor's.

IOW, could the officer just hear that it was recent model DARK - not necessarily black - pickup and this officer pulls over a black Toyota instead, for example? Could the officer assumed the killer was a male and let the truck go when seeing a female driving?

Looking at this further with a critical eye I have a difficult time finding an MSM article mentioning the truck being stopped so I can't even verify when or where this occurred, if it did occur. Even if the fact that a truck was pulled over could it have a model OTHER THAN a Nissan, but the rumor mill has embellished the story? In any event, many LE agencies have cameras in the vehicles so LE might even have the stop on video.

IIRC, the information about the police pulling over a truck shortly after the shooting was revealed in Arrin Stoner's video. It was within a couple of miles from the neighborhood. It would be interesting to know more.

What time was the truck pulled over? I've searched and searched to no avail.
At 7:05 am a be on the lookout (BOLO) was placed for the black Nissan Frontier pickup. Meaning that within 13 minutes of the shooting LE already had the BOLO placed on the killer's vehicle earlier in this video. Timestamp 58:58

From the report (timestamp 58:58):

(4K11) BLACR NISSAN SB KUYKENDAHL CHANNEL HELD |01/25/19 07.10 08 JDYER]

(84250) BLACK NISSAN FRONTIER PICKUP |01/25/19 07 05 06 JOYER]

(84250) CHANNEL REL (01/25/19 07:03 24 JDYER]

Last edited:
At 7:05 am a be on the lookout (BOLO) was placed for the black Nissan Frontier pickup. Meaning that within 13 minutes of the shooting LE already had the BOLO placed on the killer's vehicle earlier in this video. Timestamp 58:58

From the report (timestamp 58:58):

(4K11) BLACR NISSAN SB KUYKENDAHL CHANNEL HELD |01/25/19 07.10 08 JDYER]

(84250) BLACK NISSAN FRONTIER PICKUP |01/25/19 07 05 06 JOYER]

(84250) CHANNEL REL (01/25/19 07:03 24 JDYER]

Frontier was pulled over at 7:10am

Thank you! For some reason I didn’t remember it being that early. That definitely affects my theory.

What was Liz selling? If her friends seemed not interested in the items, then is there someone who could be? I think it is also possible that Liz was selling something that she did not realize was highly significant to someone else. Possibly something someone gifted her, something hand made, something that Liz won in a competition over someone else?
In regards to this possibility, there appear to be one, possibly more, Star Wars masks amongst the items being sold.

Liz's Star Wars group is known for being extremely particular about appearance accuracy. This leads to their costumes being of movie prop, or near movie prop level. The $74.99 complete "Sexy Dark Side chick" club'in Halloween costume won't work.

Prop, or near prop level costumes are expensive to buy- when the individual components are even available. As a result, it is evidently not uncommon for members to spend considerable time and effort making their costumes.

So, possible group level costume components being "garage saled" could fit your requirements of something of high sentimental value, hand made, gifted, or had been promised / perceived to of been promised to somebody.

But wait, there is more..... Having an acceptable costume can be road block to joining the group. Membership in that group can be prestigious in a sub culture that may have a certain number of participants are high maintenance in regards to self esteem, lacking other social outlets and / or are "starting over- and this had better work".

Last edited:
Thank you! For some reason I didn’t remember it being that early. That definitely affects my theory.

I remember from Arrin Stoner’s YT that the driver of the frontier was the only occupant in the vehicle and had a solid work related alibi which I am very skeptical about . What was that alibi exactly ? He noted nothing suspicious about the stop and let it go .

I remember from Arrin Stoner’s YT that the driver of the frontier was the only occupant in the vehicle and had a solid work related alibi which I am very skeptical about . What was that alibi exactly ? He noted nothing suspicious about the stop and let it go .
Seems like lots of solid work related alibis going on that morning. JMO

In regards to this possibility, there appear to be one, possibly more, Star Wars masks amongst the items being sold.

Liz's Star Wars group is known for being extremely particular about appearance accuracy. This leads to their costumes being of movie prop, or near movie prop level. The $74.99 complete "Sexy Dark Side chick" club'in Halloween costume won't work.

Prop, or near prop level costumes are expensive to buy- when the individual components are even available. As a result, it is evidently not uncommon for members to spend considerable time and effort making their costumes.

So, possible group level costume components being "garage saled" could fit your requirements of something of high sentimental value, hand made, gifted, or had been promised / perceived to of been promised to somebody.

But wait, there is more..... Having an acceptable costume can be road block to joining the group. Membership in that group can be prestigious in a sub culture that may have a certain number of participants are high maintenance in regards to self esteem, lacking other social outlets and / or are "starting over- and this had better work".

Anyone REJECTED from that group before her murder?

It is so sad for Liz's family...I've just this week finished "Your Own Backyard" Podcast - look how long it took for Kristin's family to get justice and it was the prime suspect all along! Who had been free to go on to do unspeakable things to other women...nuts!!

Praying this case will be resolved.
Kristen who?

Anyone REJECTED from that group before her murder?
I recall that when Sergio was interrogated by the police in the back of the police car after he arrived back home, the police asked him if there was anyone who may have wanted to harm Elizabeth, and Sergio named a woman from the 501st Star War Legion. I don't know if the person named was rejected or a member in good standing. I can't post the link because the transcript of the police interview was posted on an unapproved website, not MSN, but I will provide that data in response to an IM.

My recollection of this was the description by LE that the driver "had a reason to be there". HUH? Okay. Maybe he/she had TWO reasons to be there? ??

I don't remember the description of there being only one person in the vehicle. If so, perhaps that's something, but surely not enough to simply dismiss a not-all-that-common type of a vehicle, similarly dark in color, being in the exact area that a vehicle might expect to be in relation to the crime scene, given the timing. In my book, anyway.

So the truck is stopped at 0710 based on a BOLO. LE doesn't arrive at the house till almost 0700 (6:58:52) per the timeline on the family's website.

Eleven minutes elapsed between LE arriving at the scene and the truck is stopped and in between the BOLO is broadcast. That is VERY fast. I can see plenty of room for errors there.

The timeline also mentions the truck is tracked on several commercial cameras until lost in an area with no camera coverage. If those cameras don't catch the truck being pulled over - assuming it occurred in the coverage area - then LE likely knows they pulled over the wrong truck. OR they tracked the wrong truck on the cameras.

In any event sometimes when running errands I make note of the trucks I see. On such trips of 30-60 minutes I rarely see a Nissan PRO-X. Sometimes I don't see ANY Nissan trucks. Lots of Fords, Chevys, Dodges and Toyotas, but not many Nissans of ANY color. What are the odds that there would be TWO BLACK Nissan trucks within 15 minutes on the road that morning? OK, I get it...it is Texas. But still...?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper