TX TX - Elizabeth Barraza, 29, murdered setting up garage sale, Harris Co, Jan 2019 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
As a massive over-worrier if my alarm went off and I couldn’t get a hold of my spouse I’d run every light, put on my hazards then drive as fast as possible to get home.
Yes. Otherwise the security alarm, connected with his SB's phone, has been a technical gimmick only and not for safety or rescue. At least not in this case, when his wife died/ was murdered.

Yeah, if I was worried enough to be leaving work, I wouldn't be driving as I should be. Certainly not calmly enough to check an app while driving. Open my phone, find the app, watch the camera live, and rewind it to the scream, while driving in a rush. It's bothering me
The checking an app while driving has been of great interest, and thought multitasking skills were remarkable. He only needed to watch the killing video of his wife once, iirc? moo

Linked timeline (not in order as noted on site) of events:

• Early Morning [06:48:00 AM] Sergio leaves the property to go to work, in a white panel van.
  • Early Morning [06:58:52 AM] Harris County Precinct 4 Constables arrive to investigate and secure the scene.
  • Early Morning [07:19:45 AM] Harris County Precinct 4 Constables enter the house to clear and secure the home. This set off the alarm that Liz had set to instantly trigger if a door was opened. She had the door inside the garage unlocked for her safety, as a precaution.
  • Early Morning [Unknown] Liz’s parents are notified by her alarm company that the alarm has been triggered and they cannot reach Liz. We left immediately for her home.
  • Early Morning [07:37 AM] Rosemary and Bob Nuelle arrive on scene minutes after her transport by Life Flight.
  • Early Morning [07:51:55 AM] Sergio Barraza arrives back at the house and is detained by Law Enforcement for questioning.
Timeline

I'd like to know more about the break in/burglary. How was the house broken into? What was taken? Anything of note, eg was either LB or SB seemingly targeted? Was the place ransacked? Any fingerprints left? Any leads? Anything to link to other burglaries in the area? Was there any CCTV footage collected at the time? How long before the murder did this happen? (In the video above (thanks @arielilane) Dad says the burglary was a year prior to them buying their new home. I'm not sure how long after buying their new home the murder happened). Anything to suggest the burglary was secondary? eg, this was actually to scare someone, show they have the upper hand, rather than to steal something. Anything to suggest it was staged or something is not as it seems?

What else was going on in LB and SB's personal lives at the time of the burglary? I'm just wondering and I know it's unlikely this would be known or reported on.

In the other video quoted, at about 6:30 in, SB mentions the alarm goes off, he gets notified on his phone, calls Liz but no answer. Liz's parents also get notified of the alarm, they try to call Liz and get no answer. SB calls Liz's parents who are already/about to drive over and SB decides to drive over too. I'm trying to put myself in that situation (I know we never truly know how we'd react unless it happens, but I'm just thinking logically) - if I'd had a notification saying my home alarm had gone off, I'd check the doorbell camera straight away. Maybe I'd have called my partner first, I'm not sure, but then the next thing I'd do is check the camera, to physically see what was going on. SB doesn't do this until after he's called Liz's parents and he's driving on his way back home.

Officers entered the home and set the alarm off at 07:19:45 AM. SB is notified on his phone and LB's parents are notified (I'm assuming a short time after and by phone call as the timeline states - Liz’s parents are notified by her alarm company that the alarm has been triggered and they cannot reach Liz (LINK)). How long is the drive from SB's workplace that day back home?

MOO.

All great questions. I’ve been wondering the same things about the break in and it’s a bit odd that it was just mentioned in passing and then never mentioned again.

I'm trying to remember if SG was ever seen on video at Lowe's? Does anyone remember off the top of their head? Based on the timeline, if it took him 20 minutes to get there and 20 minutes to get back, then he would have been at Lowe's for about 20 minutes, surely he was seen on video there, right?

When I google map it, it says it's 5 miles and takes 10-20 minutes to drive from 8623 Cedar Walk Dr to Lowe's. I wonder how often it takes the 20 minutes instead of the 10 minutes? I checked the time from 6:45, 7:00, 7:15, 7:30 on January 26, 2024 since it it also a Friday just for time comparisons.

It took responding officers 6 minutes to arrive on scene. Granted we don't know where they were coming from, but just wanted to add that for reference. Edit: Actually less than that, 6 minutes from the time Liz was shot, then the neighbor called 911 at 6:54, so roughly 4 minutes from 911 call to officer arrival.

I'm trying to remember if SG was ever seen on video at Lowe's? Does anyone remember off the top of their head? Based on the timeline, if it took him 20 minutes to get there and 20 minutes to get back, then he would have been at Lowe's for about 20 minutes, surely he was seen on video there, right?

When I google map it, it says it's 5 miles and takes 10-20 minutes to drive from 8623 Cedar Walk Dr to Lowe's. I wonder how often it takes the 20 minutes instead of the 10 minutes? I checked the time from 6:45, 7:00, 7:15, 7:30 on January 26, 2024 since it it also a Friday just for time comparisons.

It took responding officers 6 minutes to arrive on scene. Granted we don't know where they were coming from, but just wanted to add that for reference. Edit: Actually less than that, 6 minutes from the time Liz was shot, then the neighbor called 911 at 6:54, so roughly 4 minutes from 911 call to officer arrival.
Iirc, Lowe’s video never released as so many other items, autopsy, obituary, other videos in the neighborhood - there is much that LE is keeping close to the vest. Correction if this is incorrect. TIA and moo

Police have never said if he was seen on the Lowes cameras and that footage was never released to the public.

Thanks for your response. Yes, and I'd add that we aren't going to be privy to LE's investigation. I get antsy (as am sure it shows) with Liz's case, it's been too long in my opinion, but justice will be sweet when it happens. Don't even what to think about what Liz's family go through. I know that there are much colder cases out there. However, if this case is no longer being worked (not saying that's the case) it would need a new analysis. May be funding is an issue? Is LE waiting on more tips to be called in?

MOO ... no facts to the post, and all speculation

It is so sad for Liz's family...I've just this week finished "Your Own Backyard" Podcast - look how long it took for Kristin's family to get justice and it was the prime suspect all along! Who had been free to go on to do unspeakable things to other women...nuts!!

Praying this case will be resolved.

MOO
I honestly think that rather than a short robe, what the shooter’s wearing is one of those fleece/cotton jackets/coverups, rather than a robe, because it’s light, yet moving without the sheen or flow of a light (colloquially) “kimono” half robe.
There’s nothing that I, as a (to levels likely alarming to anyone here), dedicated SW fan sees that looks even remotely related to SW on the shooter. I realize that I’m not a complete collector but I’ve got 27 SW (specifically) capes and jackets, and there’s zilch I can see that makes me think SW (overtly like a graphic Tee, or more subtly fan geared, like my Leia at Bespin HU dress) the purpose of any such clothes.
Not useful, but it just sticks in my mind looking at the vid.

MOO
I honestly think that rather than a short robe, what the shooter’s wearing is one of those fleece/cotton jackets/coverups, rather than a robe, because it’s light, yet moving without the sheen or flow of a light (colloquially) “kimono” half robe.
There’s nothing that I, as a (to levels likely alarming to anyone here), dedicated SW fan sees that looks even remotely related to SW on the shooter. I realize that I’m not a complete collector but I’ve got 27 SW (specifically) capes and jackets, and there’s zilch I can see that makes me think SW (overtly like a graphic Tee, or more subtly fan geared, like my Leia at Bespin HU dress) the purpose of any such clothes.
Not useful, but it just sticks in my mind looking at the vid.

Has LE released whether they believe it's a man or a woman yet?

Curious why the truck can't be located. Y'all wonder about this... Even if killer and/or if there's an accomplice destroyed the truck or dumped it in Mexico who was the truck registered to? What about the truck that was pulled over by LE shortly after Liz is brutally murdered? The killer's outfit would have been easy to remove and tucked away so when the person was pulled over they may have looked "normal" ... wig and boots also already removed. If the tailgate of the truck was lowered I can't imagine that the license plate would be visible. All speculation - moo

I think the truck pulled over is the truck the killer drove. But I think the killer had already returned it so the driver had no idea what was done or any connection to Liz.
If that's the case, I think timing would have to be incredibly tight. I'm not saying it's impossible though. And when pulled over, if the driver who had no clue about anything happening was asked by LE something along the lines of 'Where have you come from, where are you driving to, what have you been up to this morning..' wouldn't they mention they'd just got their truck back from X person? I think the killer would have to be incredibly lucky in this intense short space of time for it to happen. Again, not impossible

I'm wondering about the truck that was pulled over. I think new eyes need to look at this case. Maybe the current investigation is unwilling to re-consider they may have missed things or overlooked things very early on and unwilling to admit their mistakes as we're so far down the line and they possibly had the killer pass through their fingertips.

MOO

If that's the case, I think timing would have to be incredibly tight. I'm not saying it's impossible though. And when pulled over, if the driver who had no clue about anything happening was asked by LE something along the lines of 'Where have you come from, where are you driving to, what have you been up to this morning..' wouldn't they mention they'd just got their truck back from X person? I think the killer would have to be incredibly lucky in this intense short space of time for it to happen. Again, not impossible

I'm wondering about the truck that was pulled over. I think new eyes need to look at this case. Maybe the current investigation is unwilling to re-consider they may have missed things or overlooked things very early on and unwilling to admit their mistakes as we're so far down the line and they possibly had the killer pass through their fingertips.

MOO
Agreed. Not saying this is what happened with Liz's case; however, the killing is on video, the truck is seen on camera too and possibly pulled over shortly afterward.

• Is there a lack of interagency communication between LE?
  • Complicating and delaying data… sharing of information?
  • Is there denial for assistance from other LE agencies?
  • Lack of training?
  • Lack of building relationships and camaraderie with other agencies or just to allow other agencies to assist?
  • Lack of funds?

Moo and speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads