TX TX - Elizabeth Barraza, 29, murdered setting up garage sale, Harris Co, Jan 2019 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bumping this thread with some brainstorming.

What would be a good reason for someone to be driving at the hour the similar vehicle was pulled over?

I have my reasons for buying into this theory, but I believe Liz's murderer was a woman, not wearing a disguise.

Having said that, I believe she (the shooter) may have had a small child in the vehicle, with the explanation of riding around to help lull them to sleep. If they didn't actually have the child in the car, it could have been blankets in a carseat making it appear she had a child in the car. Either ways, I think the shooter may have been a mother.

Liz's mom mentioned that when SB left he was right behind the truck the killer drove, but couldn't have known. I'll link the transcribed portion to the post in a previous thread that also has the link to the interview.

This has always struck me as odd, how could SB be directly behind the truck as he was leaving the subdivision? If the truck was coming into the subdivision after leaving Goddard school, then how could SB be behind it? If what has been presented as fact is true, then SB left the home and went directly to Lowe's, which means the killer and SB would have been traveling in opposite directions. Is this a misspeak or is there more that Rosemary has been made aware of that just isn't clarified in this interview?

Below is the part I'm referring to cut from the linked post.

Rosemary: The truck leaves Goddard school seconds before S left the house. It’s very possible and we don’t know this for a fact S when he left the subdivision he was directly behind the truck but didn’t see didn’t think anything of it. But it’s that close of a time period when they’re actually leaving the subdivision.

I knew I read somewhere that the truck leaves the school seconds *before* SB leaves, but I couldn't remember where -- thank you! The primary significance of this detail is it seems to rule out the theory that the murderer had access to the nest camera and was watching for SB to leave.

Bumping this thread with some brainstorming.

What would be a good reason for someone to be driving at the hour the similar vehicle was pulled over?

I have my reasons for buying into this theory, but I believe Liz's murderer was a woman, not wearing a disguise.

Having said that, I believe she (the shooter) may have had a small child in the vehicle, with the explanation of riding around to help lull them to sleep. If they didn't actually have the child in the car, it could have been blankets in a carseat making it appear she had a child in the car. Either ways, I think the shooter may have been a mother.
I think, the killer's appearance can't be the same like her usual look (if this was indeed a woman). Who would have risked that? Who wouldn't have been caught for years? MOO

I knew I read somewhere that the truck leaves the school seconds *before* SB leaves, but I couldn't remember where -- thank you! The primary significance of this detail is it seems to rule out the theory that the murderer had access to the nest camera and was watching for SB to leave.
  • Early Morning [06:47:50 AM] The Nissan Frontier arrives and pulls into the neighborhood Princeton Place Drive from Kuykendahl Road and then drives into the Goddard School parking lot.
  • Early Morning [06:48:00 AM] The Nissan Frontier leaves the Goddard School parking lot to conceal on a different street.
  • Early Morning [06:48:00 AM] Sergio leaves the property to go to work, in a white panel van.
  • Early Morning [06:51:40 AM] The Nissan Frontier comes back into view and heads towards the Barraza home.
  • Early Morning [06:52:12 AM] The murderer does a 3-point turn on Cedar Walk, parks behind Liz’s car, and then exits walking towards the driveway where Liz is still setting up. Timeline

Yep! You have hit on something that has been weighing on my mind since Liz's mom first stated this info. I would think that given what happened that day, your recollection would be to remember if "that truck" was in front of you, but that's just me... my opinion only!!! Grant it, the mother may have misspoke and never retracted the comment. All moo.
I think on hindsight I might not have remembered what car or truck was in front of me. I have to give a “pass” on that one, but the timing in general is still very interesting to me.

Kermiskorner, you mentioned upthread that the killer was in and out of the neighborhood in minutes. I know we’ve all discussed this before, but it’s quite significant to me that it isn’t an “easy” neighborhood to navigate in. I do think that the killer is either very familiar with it, or had to have done a dry run a FEW times.

I’m of the inclination as well that this was very well planned out. This killer spent a lot of time getting things in line: The timing is uncanny, I do think a disguise is involved, and I think the truck has been altered since. It was a blatant, point-blank murder, and there is no “useable” trace. Well planned, deftly executed, murder.

IF these things are true, does this lean toward “personal” or could it still be murder for hire?

I too believe this murder was well planned, however, no matter the disguise, no matter what changes were made to the truck, the killer is looking over their shoulder every day of their miserable life ... there is no peace in this person's life... no easy day.

May have been planned well, but not well enough NOT to be caught, eventually. It's only a matter of time.

A knock at the door, a ring through the phone, a car pulling up to the driveway...

One day, LE will catch up to you. You know who you are. It's a no brainer!

Enjoy your freedom while you can.

Speculation and moo

I think, the killer's appearance can't be the same like her usual look (if this was indeed a woman). Who would have risked that? Who wouldn't have been caught for years? MOO

For me, the shooter in this vid looked WAY too much like a woman around Liz's age who was dressed for a morning activity, like taking the dog out for instance. Some think she was dressed like a cosplay, but I also point out that one could argue her attire looks like someone who would be a fan or Star Wars, Harry Potter, or Lord of the Rings.

However, now that it is colder, I noticed my neighbor dressed almost exactly like the shooter when she was taking out her trash, and my wife (who has never watched any of the aforementioned series) was dressed almost like the shooter to a T. Both of them even had on the soft boots. There was a member of this board who had an avatar that unintentionally looked like a female, dressed like the shooter, holding a gun and pointing it into the camera. The point is, I think the shooter was dressed like a typical female, around Liz's age, who would be carrying out a pre shower/getting ready routine in the morning.

I think the shooter may have made an excuse to use a visiting person's truck and was dressed like that to not throw off anyone in the house, as she may have been making an (possibly spur of the moment) excuse to leave super early that morning. I also doubt the shooter realized there was a street camera that would see her.

This is wild to me, as there is no shortage of people who will say they think Liz's killer was wearing a disguise, but will argue up and down that Missy Bever's killer was decked out in full SWAT gear in a church way off the highway at 4 in the morning to LARP, cosplay, or rob the church.

For me, the shooter in this vid looked WAY too much like a woman around Liz's age who was dressed for a morning activity, like taking the dog out for instance. Some think she was dressed like a cosplay, but I also point out that one could argue her attire looks like someone who would be a fan or Star Wars, Harry Potter, or Lord of the Rings.

However, now that it is colder, I noticed my neighbor dressed almost exactly like the shooter when she was taking out her trash, and my wife (who has never watched any of the aforementioned series) was dressed almost like the shooter to a T. Both of them even had on the soft boots. There was a member of this board who had an avatar that unintentionally looked like a female, dressed like the shooter, holding a gun and pointing it into the camera. The point is, I think the shooter was dressed like a typical female, around Liz's age, who would be carrying out a pre shower/getting ready routine in the morning.

I think the shooter may have made an excuse to use a visiting person's truck and was dressed like that to not throw off anyone in the house, as she may have been making an (possibly spur of the moment) excuse to leave super early that morning. I also doubt the shooter realized there was a street camera that would see her.

This is wild to me, as there is no shortage of people who will say they think Liz's killer was wearing a disguise, but will argue up and down that Missy Bever's killer was decked out in full SWAT gear in a church way off the highway at 4 in the morning to LARP, cosplay, or rob the church.
After I have seen many pics of people, strolling through Walmart in crazy clothing (sometimes half naked even), I have to believe you, that a woman would go outside the door with this thing, what looked to me like a nightgown. :)
IMO, Missy's killer disguised and protected himself, and he was lurking in the church only to attack Missy. Can't think of any other reason, he was there.

After I have seen many pics of people, strolling through Walmart in crazy clothing (sometimes half naked even), I have to believe you, that a woman would go outside the door with this thing, what looked to me like a nightgown. :)
IMO, Missy's killer disguised and protected himself, and he was lurking in the church only to attack Missy. Can't think of any other reason, he was there.

I lived in Germany for a few years, and I know most people would never wear pajamas or robes in public.

Now, this is sorta a robe, sorta a light jacket, but is pretty similar to me. It looks a lot longer on my wife when she’s wearing it. The soft boots too.

Attachments

• IMG_3283.jpeg
    IMG_3283.jpeg
    227.1 KB · Views: 23
  • Early Morning [06:47:50 AM] The Nissan Frontier arrives and pulls into the neighborhood Princeton Place Drive from Kuykendahl Road and then drives into the Goddard School parking lot.
  • Early Morning [06:48:00 AM] The Nissan Frontier leaves the Goddard School parking lot to conceal on a different street.
  • Early Morning [06:48:00 AM] Sergio leaves the property to go to work, in a white panel van.
  • Early Morning [06:51:40 AM] The Nissan Frontier comes back into view and heads towards the Barraza home.
  • Early Morning [06:52:12 AM] The murderer does a 3-point turn on Cedar Walk, parks behind Liz’s car, and then exits walking towards the driveway where Liz is still setting up. Timeline
It has always amazed me that there is evidence, presumably video, to show movements of this Truck down to the second but there is not a single image of the plate number, no clear image of the perp, and no indication where they came from or went to?

It has always amazed me that there is evidence, presumably video, to show movements of this Truck down to the second but there is not a single image of the plate number, no clear image of the perp, and no indication where they came from or went to?
That we’re aware of… supposedly the vehicle traveled out of surveillance camera view.

What about: vehicle was stolen and wiped clean of any prints upon returning vehicle back to the original owner/destination.

Owner unaware their vehicle missing from that morning.

Say LE questioned the owner, but owner has no knowledge of crime, not necessarily cleared, though, they are not a suspect. Only a victim of car theft?

Killer returned the stolen vehicle to the exact spot stolen from. Killer walked away -further down the road, and is picked up by someone else.

Additionally, perhaps the vehicle pulled over by LE that morning was never associated with the crime to begin with? It's a separate issue/different vehicle.

All speculation!

That we’re aware of… supposedly the vehicle traveled out of surveillance camera view.

What about: vehicle was stolen and wiped clean of any prints upon returning vehicle back to the original owner/destination.

Owner unaware their vehicle missing from that morning.

Say LE questioned the owner, but owner has no knowledge of crime, not necessarily cleared, though, they are not a suspect. Only a victim of car theft?

Killer returned the stolen vehicle to the exact spot stolen from. Killer walked away -further down the road, and is picked up by someone else.

Additionally, perhaps the vehicle pulled over by LE that morning was never associated with the crime to begin with? It's a separate issue/different vehicle.

All speculation!
At this point any speculation is equally as likely as any other. I have never seen a case captured and witnessed by so many and so much technology that went unsolved this long.

At this point any speculation is equally as likely as any other. I have never seen a case captured and witnessed by so many and so much technology that went unsolved this long.
So, does that indicate just luck on the part of the killer, or intention?

How to avoid detection by neighbourhood surveillance cameras? Do it while it's still pretty dark out.

How to avoid detection by Liz's surveillance system? Catch her when she's outside the range of their camera.

How to avoid her husband intervening? Wait until he leaves for work.

How to avoid passers-by intervening?: Drive past the home first to ensure no one else is outside, then quickly turn around, park, confront, shoot, get away.

So what I ask myself is, did Liz have an enemy who was just waiting for this perfect situation to arise? That, hearing about the garage sale a day or two earlier, this enemy thought "at last, this is my chance to strike!". That they instantly thought "of course, she will be out there in the dark, because all garage sales start when it's still dark?". And this enemy thought "of course, her husband will leave really early and she will be out there alone..."

And, having timed within a minute of S leaving, the killer drove past the home, uncertain whether there would be any signs of Liz or a garage sale, but was delighted to discover their guesses and surmises had actually been correct: well gosh darn, look at that, I was right! Now, spring into action, not a moment to lose.

IMO, that is not very plausible that just chance, luck, fortunate timing by an enemy produced this situation.

IMO, when I see that timeline, when I see that footage, what I think is "scripted". Not in the sense of cosplay, but in the sense of crime. And scripted not just in the timing/location of the killer, but timing/location of the victim as well.

JMO

Last edited:
If you are familiar with the Idaho student murders, LE had a similar knowlege about the timing and route of the killers vehicle, and lost track of it when it left the neighbourhood. There was no capture of a license plate #, but very lucky for them, they could tell it was missing one of its plates, and that proved significant.

JMO

So, does that indicate just luck on the part of the killer, or intention?

How to avoid detection by neighbourhood surveillance cameras? Do it while it's still pretty dark out.

How to avoid detection by Liz's surveillance system? Catch her when she's outside the range of their camera.

How to avoid her husband intervening? Wait until he leaves for work.

How to avoid passers-by intervening?: Drive past the home first to ensure no one else is outside, then quickly turn around, park, confront, shoot, get away.

So what I ask myself is, did Liz have an enemy who was just waiting for this perfect situation to arise? That, hearing about the garage sale a day or two earlier, this enemy thought "at last, this is my chance to strike!". That they instantly thought "of course, she will be out there in the dark, because all garage sales start when it's still dark?". And this enemy thought "of course, her husband will leave really early and she will be out there alone..."

And, having timed within a minute of S leaving, the killer drove past the home, uncertain whether there would be any signs of Liz or a garage sale, but was delighted to discover their guesses and surmises had actually been correct: well gosh darn, look at that, I was right! Now, spring into action, not a moment to lose.

IMO, that is not very plausible that just chance, luck, fortunate timing by an enemy produced this situation.

IMO, when I see that timeline, when I see that footage, what I think is "scripted". Not in the sense of cosplay, but in the sense of crime. And scripted not just in the timing/location of the killer, but timing/location of the victim as well.

JMO
All true- they could have controlled for all the things they knew about but what about all the random things? A person with a dashcam, a neighbor walking the dog, someone out jogging, everyone else's Ring/Nest cams etc...

In the Idaho murders the killer took a route toward a relatively less populated area. More likely to get out of a dense camera zone quickly. This person must have driven right through some relatively more populated areas where you would have expected someone or someone's tech must have seen them well enough.

I just think what incredible dumb luck.

Last edited:
Interesting. The article states that she was shot by a killer “in disguise”. Leads me to believe that that’s what LE thinks. I, also, think the killer is in disguise.

Also, Sergio’s comment about needing to know who did it because we need “to know why”. HUH??? How about we need to know who did it so we can serve a little justice on my wife’s killer! (!!!). Sheesh.

I was under the impression that by the time that Sergio had reached Goddard School the truck was already concealing itself on the other street since the school was right near the road, and corner and stop light, it would have to use to get the next location to hide. Of course, I could be wrong.

I always thought that it was a weird coincidence to that both Sergio and the truck leave exactly at the same random time, 6:48. I always wondered if that meant of the killer had access to track Sergio’s car, the Barazza’s Nest Cam, if they had access to a neighbor’s security camera or had help from a neighbor or someone nearby who was also surveilling the house.
I used to think that by the time Sergio had reached the street in front of the Goddard School that the truck had already concealed itself on the other street since the school where it was parked was closer to the main road and stop lights. Of course, I could be wrong.

I always thought it was a weird coincidence that both the truck and Sergio both start to drive at the same random time, 6:48 AM. It did make me wonder if the killer had access to the Barazza’s Nest camera, could track Sergio’s cellphone, had access to a neighbor’s security camera or if a neighbor or someone nearby was working with them and helping them surveil the Barazza’s home at that time. Of course this is just a thought or a possible theory that could be wrong.

And I agree that the disguise makes me think of a mom whose kids are running late to school and just dressed up enough (like in pajamas or something) to drop her them off in front of school without getting out the car and then leaving immediately to either get ready for the rest of the day or go back to bed. That would be a clever disguise since it would blend in and no one would really find such a person suspicious or unusual.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xGothicBreenax