TX TX - Elizabeth Barraza, 29, murdered setting up garage sale, Harris Co, Jan 2019 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Could the murderer in this case be a deaf person?

When I first heard the Nest video, I was not prepared for how loud the gunshots were from the revolver used. The sound alone would make me think this is not the first time this person has used that gun. The murderer was right next to the sound. I think you have to be conditioned to listen to a sound that loud or not be able to hear it at all.

I looked at some videos of people using revolvers and many people seemed to need ear protection. How much would firing a revolver at a shooting range without ear protection damage a person's hearing?

I could not understand why during the entire 18 seconds of conversation the only words Elizabeth Barraza said were "Good Morning".
That makes a lot of sense in the context of a paper or whatever people mentioned the person showed Liz, then.

Looking through all threads made me wonder. Liz was a fund-raiser and volunteered for sick kids. Could it have been a grieving parent? People might be surprisingly superstitious, unbelievably so. Has anyone spoken to the nurses working at these places? (I am thinking of relatives who wrongly connected Liz with worsening of their relative's condition). It would be more expectable from: relatives who have ancestors abroad with culture-specific beliefs, but themselves not being first-generation immigrants. Just mentally not all there, sadly. JMO. It is not fantasy, very sick people, sadly, exist.

Someone mentioned "enemies you don't know are enemies." Very true.

I was stalked and harrassed by a neighbor for years. (A Female.) She was mentally ill. Thankfully that is in the past now but some people just seek targets for their venom and cause misery.

The killer might be closer to home.

Feel free to remove.
- in my 20es, in an old country, I was bombarded by anonymous letters. The author was a very beautiful, known, distinguished lady whose daughter (wrongly) felt jealous of me. I kept the letters, but it was not fun for my mom. The daughter later moved here and is not in my life at all, but was accused of a petty crime, so an apple and a tree...
- another person, probably like KA mentally, not in looks, believes I practiced some kind of sorcery on her. I keep all she sent to me and suspect she does the same with other people, too.
- once a person I knew briefly, told his GF that "people though we'd be a bad match". I was mentioned among the people. I didn't know of that GF's existence, but she fell for the coward's story. She made a public email using my name and send filthy stuff to some people from her circle using that email. She also did it with others so it all eventually came out.

After COVID-19, lots of people are not right in their mind, so to say. Maybe cyber-crime division needs to be enlarged. If we all count how much threatening stuff people in the neighborhoods got...

Last edited:
That makes a lot of sense in the context of a paper or whatever people mentioned the person showed Liz, then.

I had also made a post about speculating the shooter was possibly deaf.

They don't seem bothered by the noise at all, and I also wondered if the person was showing them something in writing because they were not capable of verbally speaking much.

I had also made a post about speculating the shooter was possibly deaf.

They don't seem bothered by the noise at all, and I also wondered if the person was showing them something in writing because they were not capable of verbally speaking much.
Either this, or didn't want to take the chance of being recorded?

Feel free to remove.
- in my 20es, in an old country, I was bombarded by anonymous letters. The author was a very beautiful, known, distinguished lady whose daughter (wrongly) felt jealous of me. I kept the letters, but it was not fun for my mom. The daughter later moved here and is not in my life at all, but was accused of a petty crime.
- another person, probably like KA mentally, not in looks, believes I practiced some kind of sorcery on her. I keep all she sent to me and suspect she does the same with other people, too.
- once a person I knew briefly, told his GF that "people though we'd be a bad match". I was mentioned among the people. I didn't know of that GF's existence, but she fell for the coward's story. She made a public email using my name and send filthy stuff to some people from her circle using that email. She also did it with others so it all eventually came out.

After COVID-19, lots of people are not right in their mind, so to say. Maybe cyber-crime division needs to be enlarged. If we all count how much threatening stuff people in the neighborhoods got...
There are, indeeed, some very crazy motivations for crimes.

In one of my theories, Liz's pictures were being used to catfish someone else, and that is why a jealous woman shot her.

Yes. At precisely 6:48 both the truck and Sergio move from their locations. In tandem. Vedy, vedy strange.
Can you trace someone's car if you pair your phone with the person's car via bluetooth? Let us say, SB is giving a ride to a coworker, and coworker wants to listen to music, and SB pairs to his car audio, and later, no one un-pairs them? Can the person later trace SB's car if they are within Bluetooth visibility?

Either this, or didn't want to take the chance of being recorded?

I would say not risking being recorded is much more likely. I have a strong feeling that this person knew about and/or had access to the Ring camera.

One other thing about the possible deaf angle; many deaf people do not realize how loud something is, and that may account for why they didn't think anyone on the block hearing the gunshots would be a concern. As another example of this, I have read countless stories about deaf people loudly passing gas in places like classrooms and having to have it explained to them that everyone could hear them.

Can you trace someone's car if you pair your phone with the person's car via blacktooth? Let us say, he is giving rides to a coworker, and coworker wants to listen to music, and SB pairs, and later, no one u pairs them? Can the person then trace the car?
That is possible, but I think the shooters car was way out of range for that.

There is a number of ways they could have tracked Sergio's location or movements. They could have been using a location sharing app. In Mo Wilson's murder by Kaitlyn Armstrong, unnervingly similar to this case, Kaitlyn was able to track Mo on a biking app that planned her routes and realtime location. At a large convention with many cosplayers and/or volunteers, something similar may have been used between groups of people to reconvene.

Two really clever ways I think Sergio could have been tracked; the Ring camera and/or a nannycam planted by the shooter. I also think it would have been extremely clever to have accessed their Wi-Fi mesh and watched for when Sergio's device disappeared from being connected to the network.

There are, indeeed, some very crazy motivations for crimes.

In one of my theories, Liz's pictures were being used to catfish someone else, and that is why a jealous woman shot her.
The problem is, such people don't look as nutty as they are. In the situation with KA, everyone said she was kind, except for two people who saw her uttering the threat.
(BTW, the person who killed Liz B ran almost like KA. I know Austin is far from Harris county, but any chance she had a property there?)

That is possible, but I think the shooters car was way out of range for that.

There is a number of ways they could have tracked Sergio's location or movements. They could have been using a location sharing app. In Mo Wilson's murder by Kaitlyn Armstrong, unnervingly similar to this case, Kaitlyn was able to track Mo on a biking app that planned her routes and realtime location. At a large convention with many cosplayers and/or volunteers, something similar may have been used between groups of people to reconvene.

Two really clever ways I think Sergio could have been tracked; the Ring camera and/or a nannycam planted by the shooter. I also think it would have been extremely clever to have accessed their Wi-Fi mesh and watched for when Sergio's device disappeared from being connected to the network.
Wifi mesh is easy indeed. But it means, the device should be in the vicinity of the mesh? And neighbors' ones, too? I hope SB didn't change the internet immediately after the shooting. (Again, digital people, where were they?)

This article from one year ago. It's quickly approaching the five year mark since Liz Barraza was brutally murdered in her driveway setting up for a garage sale.

Let's discuss this a little more.

IIRC the model and caliber of the weapon was determined? Or am I remembering that wrong?

If so, do we have a way of determining if a gun that fits that description has been reported missing? It seems to be a common play either before or after using a gun to kill someone. Number of reasons for that, it can be used for plausible deniability, or is genuine because it was stolen and not returned, or the shooter did not dispose of it, may still have possessions of it, but wants to distance themselves from it. Happens with cars a lot too.

Wifi mesh is easy indeed. But it means, the device should be in the vicinity of the mesh? And neighbors' ones, too? I hope SB didn't change the internet immediately after the shooting. (Again, digital people, where were they?)
Maybe not.

I believe I can look at my Wifi extended router network when I am not at my house, and see what devices are connected too. I will double check this tonight when I am at dinner.

Maybe not.

I believe I can look at my Wifi extended router network when I am not at my house, and see what devices are connected too. I will double check this tonight when I am at dinner.

Another way is "find my iPhone" (or any Mac device I assume. It has to be either "your" Apple device or can you log into someone's iCloud if the password is easy to figure out? I think one can, I know a person who could and she is by no means from IT world)

Another way is "find my iPhone" (or any Mac device I assume. It has to be either "your" Apple device or can you log into someone's iCloud if the password is easy to figure out? I think one can, I know a person who could and she is by no means from IT world)

Usually those run the risk of notifying the owner

Usually those run the risk of notifying the owner
Yes, but mostly, of the place where someone signed in? And a device? Although one probably can find IP number.
Anyhow, be it ring, WiFi mesh, nannycam, or Strava, for example... someone has to have a connection with one of the Bs. It might be so that one of them constantly used not-super-obvious-but-easy-to-guess-password. Or did the shooter have keychain access?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PKBB