TX TX - Elizabeth Barraza, 29, murdered setting up garage sale, Harris Co, Jan 2019 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is one very straightforward question. I think the answer is "no", but I have read about such cases.

From the video, because I can only see what is very obviously seen, is it possible to tell whether the person grabbed something from the table, or not?

I have read about situations when someone would advertise "jewelry" or even "a diamond ring", in the hope of selling a family heirloom, or at an interest, and give their home address. There was a situation in my state when a father of the family was killed for a 2K diamond ring he advertised on Craigslist.

Now, these cases get known, so I doubt that an experienced seller would make such a mistake. And usually such things are not placed at the customer's end of the table. And it may be not a ring, but something of value to the cosplayers' group, or someone else. Small. I assume that she may have not advertised it, but perhaps someone knew?

Can anyone tell me if by video, we can rule out burglary, with the stolen thing being small but reasonably expensive?

I would really like to see an itemized list of the things Liz was selling.

I have wondered, for a long time, if Liz was selling something that was really sentimental to someone, was made by hand by someone, belonged to someone else and was gifted to Liz, or something Liz won in a competition that someone else really wanted (now being sold for pennies at a yard sale)

Short version; wondered if Liz was selling something that meant a lot more to the shooter and than to her.

For anyone who knows the lay of the land more, any thoughts on why the killer chose The Goddard School for a waiting spot? I realize this has likely been discussed but probably not for a while anyway.

I see online that the Goddard school in Tomball opens at 6am. Interesting choice for a waiting place indeed.

Wow! Good catch!!!
Okay, maybe there is a sign on the door with the hours, and because the early morning pre-view through the neighborhood scouting for a “lying in wait” place was dark, the killer didn’t realize that the school would be open so early. In the morning, drove up, saw the sign, and bee-lined out of there to wait somewhere else.

Schools have cameras all over. I'm surprised there isn't a view with the license plate visible. I'm also surprised someone would pull into a school not thinking about the possibility of cameras. Maybe it was dark enough the cameras couldn't pick it up and the murderer assumed s/he was safe? I cannot speak for this site, but our district has facilities and custodial staff as well as administration on campus at 6 AM (and before).

The Goddard school is really a daycare so kids can be dropped off as early as 6am. So there had to be staff at the school and some parents going in and out.

From a podcast I recently listened to, the family gives their theories after speaking to Det. Ritchie. Ritchie told them when the suspect(s) are arrested, they will be devastated. LE is holding their cards close and I believe it’ll be a matter of time.

I believe the shooter is a female member of the 501st Legion, and is also a mother.

In one of my theories, I speculate that she was driving a child around at early times in the morning as a reason to be out at that time (and may have given that reason when a vehicle that matched the description of was pulled over at 2am)

Having a sleeping child in the car, at a daycare, at opening, may not look suspicious at all.

I believe the shooter is a female member of the 501st Legion, and is also a mother.

In one of my theories, I speculate that she was driving a child around at early times in the morning as a reason to be out at that time (and may have given that reason when a vehicle that matched the description of was pulled over at 2am)

Having a sleeping child in the car, at a daycare, at opening, may not look suspicious at all.

About the legion - I don't know, although possible as people gossip so for someone from her work, volunteer place or cosplay, it would be easier to know more about Liz.

But a mom is very likely. If she were stopped on her way back, policemen are people and IMHO, won't look under a kid's carseat or in a blanket.

About the legion - I don't know, although possible as people gossip so for someone from her work, volunteer place or cosplay, it would be easier to know more about Liz.

But a mom is very likely. If she were stopped on her way back, policemen are people and IMHO, won't look under a kid's carseat or in a blanket.

I highly, highly speculate that the person Sergio initially named and backed off of is a mother in the 501st Legion.

Did you know there is Liz Barraza trading cards for sale that towards a memorial droid for her?

"TB-93474 Trading Cards
Liz had two approved costumes – A Biker Scout, and just before her passing she got her Jawa approved. Sergio and Liz had trading cards printed for each of these costumes. This offer is for two cards for each of her costumes – a total of four cards."

I now think the red part may be highly significant.....

Are these trading cards of significant value? Can more than one person have the same costume approved? If she was selling cosplay stuff I can see her mentioning the garage sale to her legion.

ETA: do we know what time her garage sale was advertised for? Perhaps she was setting up extra early to attract the before work/ just dropped the kids off to school crowd.

Last edited:
My latest theory:
A woman saw something online (like a chat, a forum message, or instant message) and printed a copy for "proof" of wrongdoing.
She confronts Elizabeth with the "proof" and asks if she is the "username" in the message. Elizabeth reacts and the shooter killed her.
I'm going back to this being an emotional vendetta instead of stealing an item of value.
Most likely she thought Elizabeth's message was infuriating in some way. Such an emotional response makes me ponder if she thought Elizabeth was flirty with her husband and became jealous.

All IMHO

This gave me chills.

The traffic stop that morning -- IF it was a mother, with a child, headed to a daycare drop off, what officer would think twice?

I have often said there are things that blend into the background, fit into the tapestry of life. An Amazon or FedEx truck, a mail carrier, a mom with a stroller, someone holding a door open, someone walking.... or in the real life case of a young girl who was abducted, the only vehicle driving away from the crime scene, the one car LE met en route to the scene, because the abductor pulled over, to let LE proceed.

I hope LE is reviewing every action, every tip, every thing from that morning. It's so easy to miss what's right in front of you because the brain accepted it...

JMO

Adding with bevers and Barraza the shooter has an affinity for Nissans and disguises

I can't forget it, but in my "old life", in my 20es, I knew a man who had exactly the same gait as Beavers's killer did. The external rotating gait. I read about it today; surprisingly, such gait is more common in men! We identify it with ballerinas and think it is female, but IRL it is weakness of certain leg muscles, probably, inborn.

From another source: to reveal out-toeing, it is important to ask the patient to squat. This is exactly the position when you can't conceal out-toeing.

It is too dark to see if out-toeing is typical for LB's killer, but I think it is possible.

If I am not mistaken, MB's killer slightly very slightly rotates the body as he walks. Tell me, please if you see it, or my imagination is taking hold of me. It might indicate what part of the leg muscles is more likely involved.

Last edited:
My latest theory:
A woman saw something online (like a chat, a forum message, or instant message) and printed a copy for "proof" of wrongdoing.
She confronts Elizabeth with the "proof" and asks if she is the "username" in the message. Elizabeth reacts and the shooter killed her.
I'm going back to this being an emotional vendetta instead of stealing an item of value.
Most likely she thought Elizabeth's message was infuriating in some way. Such an emotional response makes me ponder if she thought Elizabeth was flirty with her husband and became jealous.

All IMHO
Good thought, but I just don't see how there was time for Liz to even register what was on the page. (If it was a page. I think we really don't know what it is.)
To me it looks like the shooter shows her something with one hand to distract her, and immediately pulls out the gun and shoots. It gives the shooter a second or so to reach into his/her coat, and that much less time for Liz to become a moving target.
They way I see it, the shooting happens immediately after Liz looks at the "paper" or item, and there isn't even time for anything to register -for her to take in and comprehend what she's looking at.

Adding with bevers and Barraza the shooter has an affinity for Nissans and disguises
Although there are plenty of people who question the disguise in both cases.

I agree, though. Very interesting. Also, both done early morning, before light (or just getting light). And, both in Texas. Both victims women.

Works at a Nissan dealer?

Detectives, narrow down your search to someone who owns both cars ;) I know it’s a long shot but feels interesting enough to look into. You ready for my next guess? Check the Walmart parking lots that aren’t far from both locations to see if the person was spending the night there.

I think this is a very possible theory. With this theory, I am thinking that the source the murderer could be from three areas:

A. Cosplay world and the 501 Legion in particular.
B. Online Universe (both Liz and her husband apparently had / have extensive online lives). Frustrating as it increases the number of possibilities.
C. Maybe.... drama at a class reunion?

Other possibilities could include:

Extended family- but that is a small pond and I think meaningful tips would have been given. Church? But... there are no indications that the victim was actively religious. Work? Another small pond with increased chance of workable tips.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PKBB