TX TX - Elizabeth Barraza, 29, murdered setting up garage sale, Harris Co, Jan 2019 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
No permit needed. And garage sales on Fridays are so common here in Texas. A lot of people have Fridays off.

Also, I know this gets mentioned a lot, but I haven’t seen it lately. The Nissan truck did drive by their house around 2am that morning. Probably trying to familiarize themselves with the route that they were going to take. So it seems unlikely that this was just someone that could have seen a garage sale sign and wanted to steal something.
What @charminglane said...was one of my questions. I know we used to have restrictions where I live - permit required and limited to a certain # per year. I was surprised that was no longer the case for me. So that tosses that theory.

Actually,

She was a little reluctant,

But I asked her if I could take this picture of her walking out the door and she agreed.
That's clothing in my eyes, which is appropriate to go out for trash or letting the dog out or what else, whereas the shooter/killer didn't look like that, IMO. But I maybe wrong.

I have put my opinion in about this many, many times.

To me, it looks like someone Liz's age dressed for a morning activity pre-getting ready, such as walking a dog or taking out trash.

My neighbor was dressed almost exactly like this recently when she was taking out her trash in the morning.

Star Wars, Harry Potty, LOTR all come to mind when seeing what the perp was wearing, which is also a valid point.

But, I would like to point out that this is my wife's common attire, someone who has never watched Star Wars, Harry Potter, or LOTR a day in her life.

Notice the soft boots and the kinda flowy robe?

She often wears tights with this, too.

I am NOT seing an elaborate costume either especially with how grainy that video footage is. I hope the police have better footage than we do. Does anyone know why several articles have mentioned a possibility of a wig, or a face mask?

Initially when I saw the footage, thats what the shooter reminded me of; a woman who basically rolled out of bed and threw a couple of things on.

If the shooter was actually driving around at 2am and was stopped at some point for a "good reason" then it leads me to believe they are dressed like that for a pre-routine activity.

Having said that, I had (even before I suspected the shooter was a mother) wondered what reason the shooter used to get out of their house, assuming they did not live alone and/or had a romantic partner they lived with.

Before I knew about the car being spotted earlier and before I suspected the shooter may be a mother, I imagined the shooter was always female and I believed the shooter (thinking she drove straight there at 6amish) made a quick excuse to borrow someones Nissan truck (visiting relative, visting friend from out of town, boyfriend, husband) such as "babys out of diapers" "we are all out of coffe" "oh not its that time of the month and I'm all out" followed by "my car won't start/is blocked in/low on gas, can I take your truck?"

ok, tossing something really crazy out there, what if this is a neighbor who HATES any rules to be broken like a last minute GARAGE SALE? Like a neighborhood busy body KAREN that is extremely UNSTABLE with a car and access to someone's truck? It's not personal but the neighbor feels it's her neighborhhod and didn't like people coming and going through it? It's reaching but someone unstable might come up with a reason that is beyond unreasoanble for us? Someone with control ssues? or paranoid delusions?

ok, tossing something really crazy out there, what if this is a neighbor who HATES any rules to be broken like a last minute GARAGE SALE? Like a neighborhood busy body KAREN that is extremely UNSTABLE with a car and access to someone's truck? It's not personal but the neighbor feels it's her neighborhhod and didn't like people coming and going through it? It's reaching but someone unstable might come up with a reason that is beyond unreasoanble for us? Someone with control ssues? or paranoid delusions?
This person would of have to known about the garage sale ahead of time. Since signs weren’t posted until that morning, why would they be scouting the home at 2am?

Also, I’m not seeing a mask or wig either. I think you’re right about LE having an enhanced video.

This person would of have to known about the garage sale ahead of time. Since signs weren’t posted until that morning, why would they be scouting the home at 2am?

Also, I’m not seeing a mask or wig either. I think you’re right about LE having an enhanced video.

yeah, that doesn't make sense I am grasping at straws for strange alternative theories unless they posted the NIGHT before for the GARAGE SALE.
How come is it for someone to hold a garage sale that early on a Friday morning in winter that isn't a holiday?
That part is very weird to me. The first weird thing of this case is why decided the night before to have an EARLY Friday morning GARAGE SALE.
Does anyone know if this is COMMON? Especially in WINTER?
That's the FIRST RED FLAG for me., Whose idea was it?

yeah, that doesn't make sense I am grasping at straws for strange alternative theories unless they posted the NIGHT before for the GARAGE SALE.
How come is it for someone to hold a garage sale that early on a Friday morning in winter that isn't a holiday?
That part is very weird to me. The first weird thing of this case is why decided the night before to have an EARLY Friday morning GARAGE SALE.
This case is frustrating and strange and nothing can fully be ruled out at this point. Wanted to point out about the signs being placed after the truck drove by the home at 2am. Hoping for a major breakthrough soon. A neighbor keeping watch is very plausible IMO.

Actually, all of that is bizarre when you spell it out like that. All very true and very odd. What kind of money are you hoping to make if it was last minute and not really advertised? What really was the point of it?

Actually, all of that is bizarre when you spell it out like that. All very true and very odd. What kind of money are you hoping to make if it was last minute and not really advertised? What really was the point of it?

Although it's possible, wouldn't it be more sensible to wait til the afternoon?
I am not a pro or seasoned GARAGE SALES person maybe someone on here is...

But if you didn’t really advertise it…. Then what is one to expect with turn out?
So true. Even souvenirs at Disney are expensive and can add up. Why go through the effort and take a coveted vacation day from work just to host a last minute and minimally-advertised garage sale. If it were decided last minute to have a garage sale, you would think advertising efforts would have been larger to get the word out (posting on social media).

It would be interesting to know if previous garage sales were advertised on social media and posters hung out much earlier.

ETA: would also like to see the poster SB put up advertising this one.

I would also.

It would be interesting to know if previous garage sales were advertised on social media and posters hung out much earlier.

I would also.

I would also.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member