TX TX - Elizabeth Barraza, 29, murdered setting up garage sale, Harris Co, Jan 2019 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This has always stood out to me that she set her alarm before going outside. If she felt safe in her new home/neighborhood why would she do this. PTSD maybe..........but it really makes me wonder if she had felt threatened in some way within the last month or two and this is why. Especially because as the article goes on, it says she wouldn't have made a large sum of money even if she sold everything.

It just seems weird, of all of the times to set the house alarm, during a garage sale when you will be going in and out constantly isn't one of them.
That she set the alarm even though she felt safe there is not something I had thought about. Now that you mention it I do wonder if something had happened a month or so before the murder. On the day of the murder, Sergio did give LE the name of someone he suspected. This was mentioned in the Arrin Stoner video on the sheriff's report. Per Stoner's video the report does not specify why Sergio believed this person was a problem. Approx. 24 minutes into this video:

Could the alarm have been set to prevent anyone from sneaking or entering the home in case she was busy or preoccupied?
* My opinion
I think its a good opinion and could well be correct.

Liz hosted garage sales yearly. I am thinking Liz could have encountered the same crew as my friend who shopped thrift stores for high end childrens clothes- then held twice yearly garage sales to raise money for charity:

The thieves: People stealing the clothing as soon as her back was turned, trying to steal items out of her garage and swiping lawn tools and decor while she was distracted.

The con artists: Losers with heart rending tales of sick children who needed to look their best. They then quickly resold her gifted clothing on E commerce sites.

The "not worth it": Career hagglers who wanted the clothes essentially for free. Or, proposed complex options that would confuse a Chicago Board of Trade currency futures broker.

She never described people attempting to steal, or stealing from inside her house. But... my guess is that it is well with in the realm of possibility.

I think she was just referring to the thread being moved to "Cold Cases" on the forum. Let's hope LE are still working hard for Liz.
Yes, and that’s what I was referring to as well- the mods moving this to the Cold Cases forum. I totally disagree with this move as I think this action does not support the much needed traction and pressure this case needs.

Isn’t the point of websleuths to help solve cases? This action is not helping to solve this case; rather it works to bury it.

Also- who classified this case as Cold?

This, right here, is why I believe the killer has to be connected to the husband.
If the killer is connected to Elizabeth Barraza's husband, Sergio, then Sergio must not remember who it was driving the Nissan Frontier Pro-4X truck.

Many times we remember people by the vehicles they drive. If Sergio knew of someone who drove a Nissan Frontier Pro-4X or something similar, he probably would have told law enforcement.

I wonder how many tips have come in related to someone who drives a Nissan Frontier Pro-4X who was only reported to LE because of that reason? It is sort of surprising that the owner was not found by accident through all those tips. With Tomball being a suburb of Houston, I think many people were probably on the lookout for anyone driving that type of vehicle, even though driving that type of vehicle does not mean they had anything to do with Elizabeth Barraza's murder.

Could the alarm have been set to prevent anyone from sneaking or entering the home in case she was busy or preoccupied?
* My opinion

For sure. It makes me wonder though, was this a habit? For instance, if she was outside working in the flower beds, did she set the alarm then also? If a pattern, then it's void. But if it was not a habit, why this one time? You're distracted working in the flower beds also, you can't keep an eye on all sides of the house at once.

I can understand why she did it, a lot of people around, not wanting someone to go in through the garage door while she wasn't looking. Then why not just lock the garage door that leads inside the house versus setting the alarm.

I've had several garage sales and it didn't cross my mind to set the alarm. I sat in the garage and talked to people from there, all other doors locked. If I had to go onto the driveway for something (never had to though), I would still be able to see inside. Usually garage sales aren't so packed that you can't monitor what is going on.

Threw up a flag for me wondering if she was nervous for some reason that made her do that or was she just a nervous nelly (as I like to call it) and errs on the side of caution.

Yes, and that’s what I was referring to as well- the mods moving this to the Cold Cases forum. I totally disagree with this move as I think this action does not support the much needed traction and pressure this case needs.

Isn’t the point of websleuths to help solve cases? This action is not helping to solve this case; rather it works to bury it.

I don't know the criteria. But for a case that is over 4 years old it is getting a lot of posts. We have cases on here a year or less and that haven't gone beyond a few pages, let alone 5 threads.

So I reached out to Woody Overton, the Podcaster who took on the Courtney Coco case, and he replied back!

I will include any progress with this going forward. Thus far, my contact has been:

Me: Woody, congrats on all you have done! I would appreciate your opinion if you have a second or two. I've been sleuthing the Elizabeth Barraza case out of Tomball, TX. Maybe you know of it? A lot of people are heartbroken that such a good person was slaughtered in her driveway during a yard sale. Do you think that a Podcast could benefit this case?? I realize you are a busy man, but this monster is out there and she is 6 feet under. Much appreciation for any guidance you may suggest.

Mr. Overton:
Woody Overton- Real Life Real Crime

Woody@realliferealcrime.com email me any information u have I will read it. I can’t promise I will work it. Please leave me a review on iTunes it helps the show thanks- Woody

May the force be with us!

Thank you @SnowAngels. Agreed.

Feeling like I had to go “underground“ to get to Liz’s thread. :( More importantly, you said it so well.

Liz’s case does need traction. It won’t get much traction in cold case. Liz needs justice. :(

So I reached out to Woody Overton, the Podcaster who took on the Courtney Coco case, and he replied back!

I will include any progress with this going forward. Thus far, my contact has been:

Me: Woody, congrats on all you have done! I would appreciate your opinion if you have a second or two. I've been sleuthing the Elizabeth Barraza case out of Tomball, TX. Maybe you know of it? A lot of people are heartbroken that such a good person was slaughtered in her driveway during a yard sale. Do you think that a Podcast could benefit this case?? I realize you are a busy man, but this monster is out there and she is 6 feet under. Much appreciation for any guidance you may suggest.

Mr. Overton:
Woody Overton- Real Life Real Crime

Woody@realliferealcrime.com email me any information u have I will read it. I can’t promise I will work it. Please leave me a review on iTunes it helps the show thanks- Woody

May the force be with us!

I subscribed to his youtube channel but not sure if the link is allowed.

Thank you, santacruztodd, for contacting Mr. Overton. I pray he'll take a look at this case.

#KindnessMatters #JusticeForLiz

IMO, there is an accomplice in the truck because of revving of the truck’s engine and killer clearly is not in the truck at that time.

Additionally, I know nothing about Nest camera. However, also, imo, it’s feasible that Nest camera was hacked. Were there two people on Nest picked up having conversation orchestrating the killing of Liz Barraza? All speculation.

IMO, there is an accomplice in the truck because of revving of the truck’s engine and killer clearly is not in the truck at that time.

Additionally, I know nothing about Nest camera. However, also, imo, it’s feasible that Nest camera was hacked. Were there two people on Nest picked up having conversation orchestrating the killing of Liz Barraza? All speculation.
But the accomplice couldn't have been driving.

When I look at the video, when the truck stops near the Barraza driveway, someone gets out and walks in front of the truck. The reason I think this is because momentarily the headlights are blocked when the killer walks in front of the truck. On the way back after committing the crime, I do not see the headlights being blocked so I think the killer went around the back of the truck to get in the driver's side door. The timing is too long for the killer to get into the passenger side of the truck, especially considering the killer ran back to the truck after committing the crime.

Why would the accomplice not just get out of the passenger side door and go around to the other side to get in the driver's side pretending they are getting something while the other person walks up to Elizabeth Barraza? Why would the accomplice not already be driving so when the truck is parked the killer can get out of the passenger side and be blocked partially by the truck from potential witnesses who might be watching from across the street? It also makes it a little quicker for the killer to get back to the truck to leave too.

But the accomplice couldn't have been driving.

When I look at the video, when the truck stops near the Barraza driveway, someone gets out and walks in front of the truck. The reason I think this is because momentarily the headlights are blocked when the killer walks in front of the truck. On the way back after committing the crime, I do not see the headlights being blocked so I think the killer went around the back of the truck to get in the driver's side door. The timing is too long for the killer to get into the passenger side of the truck, especially considering the killer ran back to the truck after committing the crime.

Why would the accomplice not just get out of the passenger side door and go around to the other side to get in the driver's side pretending they are getting something while the other person walks up to Elizabeth Barraza? Why would the accomplice not already be driving so when the truck is parked the killer can get out of the passenger side and be blocked partially by the truck from potential witnesses who might be watching from across the street? It also makes it a little quicker for the killer to get back to the truck to leave too.
Hi, @somequestions, I wish I had the answers… I can’t definitively say who was driving the truck, or if there was an accomplice(s). My best guess would be the killer drove, but it’s possible that the killer could have easily jumped in the backseat of the vehicle. In addition, when I look at AStoner’s 1st video, I see a masked "person" sitting in the front seat of the vehicle. Maybe it’s a prop to create a false impression; however, it’s there, imo.

Super scary masked prop around the 37:00 timestamp. Linked below.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kzrrz