TX TX - Elizabeth Barraza, 29, murdered setting up garage sale, Harris Co, Jan 2019 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Curious why S continues to share videos w/YTuber', but I am sure that LE have these same videos. It does help keep the case moving and insightful? Viewing the most recent vid I can hear what sounds similar to engine revving sounds same as when killer and truck were at the crime scene and killer shooting Liz as the coward he is. So that's interesting. Perhaps the truck engine was not revving? moo

Bbm, I’ve been wanting to discuss this so I’m glad you mentioned it. Liz gets a notification on her phone as she’s walking out of her house, you can hear it. I think she responded to that text and that’s why she sat in her car for so long before she left for Starbucks. Unless she was also placing her Starbucks order before she pulled out but I’d assumed she’d already placed her order and was just going to pick it up.

Edit because I never even mentioned my point….who was she texting before she left? It was 6:15a, IIRC her parents weren’t up that early that day so I doubt it was them. I have just been curious about that text because of the time being pretty early in the morning.
I don't have a link, however, it was previously believed she was placing her Starbucks order. Regarding Liz receiving a notification on her phone as she is walking out of the house. I've not caught that, and will need to rewatch. Nice catch!

Moo

Curious why S continues to share videos w/YTuber', but I am sure that LE have these same videos. It does help keep the case moving and insightful? Viewing the most recent vid I can hear what sounds similar to engine revving sounds same as when killer and truck were at the crime scene and killer shooting Liz as the coward he is. So that's interesting. Perhaps the truck engine was not revving? moo
I noticed the sounds on the newly released nest cam video. What I didn’t hear was the “I love you” being their last words to each other. JMO

I learned a few new things in this interview. In no particular order:

* SB has watched the released footage that shows the killer only once. (@ 17:28) Hard to watch her being scared. Wished he could have been there to keep her safe.

* SB does not mention anyone that may have had an issue with Liz. (@ 5:06 & 9:50)

* SB met his new wife, AB, on Match.Com. (details are @ 19:30)

* EB would notify SB if she became frightened when he was not home. A few of those times SB would be at MakerBarn which is appx a 6 minute drive N of their marital home. (@ 13:20)

maker's barn, tomball, tx - Bing

The arts and crafts MakerBarn is a membership only organization.

The MakerBarn – A MakerSpace for The Woodlands/Magnolia/Spring/Tomball/North Houston
Good stuff. Why in the world would she be scared/frightened at the MakerBarn? That is a GIANT red flag.

The Ytuber had mentioned that S had given him these footages way before and S does not communicate with him anymore. What I am curious is why the Ytuber shares these videos partially ? And why didn’t he share these before ? I ‘m thinking that there may be a reason for that and it may be about Netscam online live view by the perp and some talks captured by the cam which the perp was not aware being recorded.
I want to relisten all the videos and Ytuber comments and write the captured words starting from the beginning till the perp got back in the car after the murder . The perp might have said some of the words heard as per what he saw on the nest cam simultanously as a reaction , not necessarily to their partner in the truck .
Jmo .

Last edited:
Bbm, I’ve been wanting to discuss this so I’m glad you mentioned it. Liz gets a notification on her phone as she’s walking out of her house, you can hear it. I think she responded to that text and that’s why she sat in her car for so long before she left for Starbucks. Unless she was also placing her Starbucks order before she pulled out but I’d assumed she’d already placed her order and was just going to pick it up.

Edit because I never even mentioned my point….who was she texting before she left? It was 6:15a, IIRC her parents weren’t up that early that day so I doubt it was them. I have just been curious about that text because of the time being pretty early in the morning.
I heard the same chime on the phone and I am sure LE did too. I imagine any type of last communication Elizabeth Barraza had was checked out.

In today's world of google maps, vehicle navigation systems, and smart phones, would you really have to drive to where Elizaeth Barraza lived in order to find the address of the home? I feel like if I were on Kuykendahl Road, I would know exactly where to turn and how to get to her house just from looking it up on my phone or letting the phone direct me with navigation.

If we assume for a moment that the reason the killer was driving around in the early morning hours of January 25th (12:30 am according to Arrin Stoner video) was not because they were searching for her home address, what other reason could there be?

This criminal must have wanted to get things done and could not wait. If, for example, the killer had gone to the neighborhood a week earlier to look around at the streets and find out where Elizabeth Barraza lived, then waited to commit the crime on the morning of January 25th, 2019, it would have been less likely people remembered surveillance tapes or even kept them. It was going to be rather obvious once the crime happened that police were going to want any surveillance taping from directly before and after the crime.

I heard the same chime on the phone and I am sure LE did too. I imagine any type of last communication Elizabeth Barraza had was checked out.

In today's world of google maps, vehicle navigation systems, and smart phones, would you really have to drive to where Elizaeth Barraza lived in order to find the address of the home? I feel like if I were on Kuykendahl Road, I would know exactly where to turn and how to get to her house just from looking it up on my phone or letting the phone direct me with navigation.

If we assume for a moment that the reason the killer was driving around in the early morning hours of January 25th (12:30 am according to Arrin Stoner video) was not because they were searching for her home address, what other reason could there be?

This criminal must have wanted to get things done and could not wait. If, for example, the killer had gone to the neighborhood a week earlier to look around at the streets and find out where Elizabeth Barraza lived, then waited to commit the crime on the morning of January 25th, 2019, it would have been less likely people remembered surveillance tapes or even kept them. It was going to be rather obvious once the crime happened that police were going to want any surveillance taping from directly before and after the crime.
I’m of the opinion that the truck is not linked to the killer and they only had access to it for a very short period of time.

Maybe the killer drove by all the time but in different vehicles. The story has changed a few times on whether the garage sale signs were put out the night before or the morning of, so if they were put out the night before and they set into motion the plan they already had to kill Liz.

Another theory I had. The Star Wars and Harry Potter participants come from all over. This killer could have been from San Antonio, Dallas/FW, Lake Charles LA or any place in between or farther away.
I think this observation is key and could well be slowing the case down.

I suspect that a "neighborhood" motive would have been solved by now as somebody would have recognized the shooter, the truck, or simply have "connected enough dots" to be able to make a good tip to the police. Ditto for a family based motive.

But... as you stated, with a "Cosplay is my entire galaxy, my "reason to be"- and you 'dissed me!" type motive, the murderer could be from anywhere.

I really hope the police hit the larger conventions, and local Star Wars meet ups, club events, and say.... gaming shops. Maybe just coordinate with other departments and do a 60 day blitz of "drive bys" lookin for the truck and quick solicitation for tips.

The shops are not Star Wars per se, but there could be a cross pollinating interest between Star Wars cosplay and War Hammer / Dungeons and Dragons variant type board games.

Last edited:
I've often wondered if this killer had made other runs through that area a week or more earlier. Even Christmas time when folks are looking at brightly decorated houses and holiday visitors strange cars are less suspicious. And if the killer drove through a week earlier in another vehicle and LE is looking for the truck would they even pick up on that different vehicle.

Does anybody have any info on the Maker's Barn tip about being scared there?
It wasn't being scared at the Maker's Barn; it was Liz being scared when Sergio was there at night, and she was home alone. Hearing noises....

Interviewer: Did you and Liz ever feel threatened or scared before this happened?

Sergio: Not really. She had called me a few times and said hey I hear a weird noise at night because I would usually go out to like this place called the Makers Barn where it's like arts and crafts you do there and I'd go work on projects but every once in a while I get a call saying hey she feels nervous um hey I heard a weird sound can you come and just be with me you know and I'd be like of course yeah I'd drive down and we'd be together but it was never we never felt like somebody was trying to break into the house or um somebody was stalking us anything like this this totally just came out of the blue that this happened and we just weren't prepared for anything like this ever because we were always safe people we'd always turn on the alarms we had

The formatting is lousy; I pulled from the YouTube transcript.....but you can get the gist of it. Video at around 13 minutes....

I hate being the pessimist here but this case seems so much like a hit set up by a spouse or close relative.

"The knife in your back always comes from your inner circle"....
From the video, we know the person in the video is probably not the husband. If somehow the husband was involved, then the only way he could be involved is if he trusted someone with that type of secret. You would not trust anyone. It would have to be a very close family member. This is my opinion.

I hate being the pessimist here but this case seems so much like a hit set up by a spouse or close relative.

"The knife in your back always comes from your inner circle"....
I think that most would agree, but if a husband does this they do it knowing full-well that law-enforcement will be on them like wet paint-yet.....it still happens ALL the time. Doesn't every killer think that they will somehow get away with it?

A basic tenet of crime investigation is to ask, "Who benefits from the crime?" Few crimes happen for no reason. Is it rational to posit that someone out there hated Liz enough to do this? Is it really plausible? She seems so non-confrontational, kind and loving. Maybe everyone is frustrated because there is no logical explanation for this crime-but there is. Maybe the answer is right in front of us.

Ted Bundy passed a polygraph, and so did Gary Ridgeway-using well-known countermeasures. Who benefited form Liz' death? Well, I know for a fact that Liz absolutely did not!

I think that most would agree, but if a husband does this they do it knowing full-well that law-enforcement will be on them like wet paint-yet.....it still happens ALL the time. Doesn't every killer think that they will somehow get away with it?

A basic tenet of crime investigation is to ask, "Who benefits from the crime?" Few crimes happen for no reason. Is it rational to posit that someone out there hated Liz enough to do this? Is it really plausible? She seems so non-confrontational, kind and loving. Maybe everyone is frustrated because there is no logical explanation for this crime-but there is. Maybe the answer is right in front of us.

Ted Bundy passed a polygraph, and so did Gary Ridgeway-using well-known countermeasures. Who benefited form Liz' death? Well, I know for a fact that Liz absolutely did not!
Yes, indeed...WHO benefited? I suppose we have to look at what constitutes 'benefit'. Financial such as life insurance or inheritance? To get out of a marriage w/o a divorce? Look at the Michael Williams murder in Florida: Murder of Mike Williams - Wikipedia

Jealousy? Grudge? This could be anyone. I can think of one person in my life that many said was so nice and caring but when I dealt with them I found them to be conniving and manipulative. Yet they always publicly said all the right things. That's an extreme and I doubt it applies here with Elizabeth. But almost all of us on here truly do not know Elizabeth. What I believe is more likely here is someone took offense to something most of us would have not given a second thought to. IOW, no malice intended by Elizabeth, none noted by others, but one person took it to be malicious. For example, we do not know the nature of her sense of humor. Could she have said something in jest and a person not familiar with her took it to be pointed at them? To find that one person who 'benefited' is obviously going to be VERY tough by LE, if that turns out to be the case.

Of course, this could be some psychopath that just wanted to kill just to do it and has no relationship whatsoever to her. While I can't entirely rule that out, I give it a VERY LOW probability here.

Many of us here have kicked around the theory that the killer did this on behalf of someone else. If that is the case go back to my aforementioned case of Michael Williams. Michael is killed by his best friend on behalf of Michael's wife who he is having an affair with. She gets the huge insurance payout from Michael's life insurance - sold to him by the killer. The killer, his best friend, then proceeds to marry Michael's widow. What goes wrong? Years later the couple break up and the killer is arrested for abducting his estranged wife - the widow of Michael - and he is arrested for kidnapping, a felony. What does he do? He cuts a deal. He gives up the details of the murder and Michael's wife's participation in it for a better or shorter sentence. Now both are in jail.

Relationships change over time. IF TWO persons are involved in Elizabeth's murder either is a potential threat to the other in the future.

I have read along for years, with no original thought in my head regarding this brutal murder of Ms. Barraza. Until today.

Liz's murder happened in January of 2019. The Nissan is a newer model, on the lot from it's arrival in 2018. I have seen talk of who could own or rent or hide this vehicle, however, how about a dealership employee? "Borrowed" from the lot, maybe even a planned transfer or sale out to another dealership/customer that same weekend?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sumzoe24