TX TX - Elizabeth Barraza, 29, murdered setting up garage sale, Harris Co, Jan 2019 #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Really, what are the odds two black Nissan Frontier's are in the same place at the same time? Because that has got to be statistically small.

Anecdotal, so feel free to skip: I never. Like never see Nissan Frontiers. We are a car/motorsports family so I notice vehicles. I own an F150, I see so many each time I drive it's almost comical. You know how Jeep people and VW people have their little "waves" to each other? I'd be waving to every 3rd or 4th car I drive by. lmao The rest of the truck people are in Chevy/GMC's or Dodge Rams. I see a few Tacoma's and Tundra's every now and then, but I NEVER see Frontiers. I can't express that enough. "Truck" people just don't buy them. Again, to see two black Nissan Frontiers at almost the same time would be some sort of statistical outlier, right?

Also to add to Megnut's list of people to believe, what about a cop?
I’ve said it before in this thread, and mine is also very anecdotal, but there are at least six black/dark gray, 4-door frontiers in the 2013-2019 range just in the part of my neighborhood that’s within a half mile of my house.

All of the trucks you listed are more common than frontiers here, for sure, but man when I pay attention I see a lot of them. Two in close proximity close in time is only a little weird to me.

Did the cops know right away they were specifically looking for a pro4x? If so, that would make it pretty easy to rule out if the frontier they pulled over wasn’t. Although if BOTH were pro4x that would be an insane coincidence.

And HOW did they know to approach the house just a couple of minutes after SB pulled out for work?
i'd like to know want to know why they entered the parking lot and why they immediately left the parking lot. did something spook them there?

what is interesting to me is that they left the school, drove to another street, and just waited a few minutes. i really want to know why they did that. is the truck was tipped off somehow or by someone of SB’s departure of the home?
were they picking someone else up?

I’ve said it before in this thread, and mine is also very anecdotal, but there are at least six black/dark gray, 4-door frontiers in the 2013-2019 range just in the part of my neighborhood that’s within a half mile of my house.

All of the trucks you listed are more common than frontiers here, for sure, but man when I pay attention I see a lot of them. Two in close proximity close in time is only a little weird to me.

Did the cops know right away they were specifically looking for a pro4x? If so, that would make it pretty easy to rule out if the frontier they pulled over wasn’t. Although if BOTH were pro4x that would be an insane coincidence.
Okay, I commented on this earlier about the prevalence of Nissan Frontiers, so I’ll add this: Trucks, as well as vehicle make, are VERY regional. Anecdotal, of course, but I’ve lived in all four corners of the country and many points in between. In much of New York you could go days without seeing a truck. I know people who’ve never been in one, let alone own one, drive one, or know anyone who does.

Then you have the northwest, where there are a few trucks here and there, but everything on the road, practically, is some kind of Subaru, or usually foreign, SUV. There are Hondas and Hyundais, and Toyotas and Nissans, etc. Per capita, precious few Ford pickups.

In Kansas, lots and lots and lots of pickups. Can’t remember ever seeing a Nissan, although I’m sure there are some around. Mostly Dodge (tons of Dodge in Kansas) Ford, Chevy. Interestingly, red is a huge color for vehicles in Kansas. Kansans LOVE red vehicles.

All this to emphasize that these things are very, very regional. Going back to a suburb outside of Houston, I’m sure quite a people own Nissan Frontiers, but black ones within four minutes seems amazing to me, especially considering place and time. We’re not talking about 35, or bumper to bumper, six lane traffic. On Kuykendahl road at 7am. Even without us knowing if it were a Pro 4x, if seems awfully coincidental to me.

Okay, I commented on this earlier about the prevalence of Nissan Frontiers, so I’ll add this: Trucks, as well as vehicle make, are VERY regional. Anecdotal, of course, but I’ve lived in all four corners of the country and many points in between. In much of New York you could go days without seeing a truck. I know people who’ve never been in one, let alone own one, drive one, or know anyone who does.

Then you have the northwest, where there are a few trucks here and there, but everything on the road, practically, is some kind of Subaru, or usually foreign, SUV. There are Hondas and Hyundais, and Toyotas and Nissans, etc. Per capita, precious few Ford pickups.

In Kansas, lots and lots and lots of pickups. Can’t remember ever seeing a Nissan, although I’m sure there are some around. Mostly Dodge (tons of Dodge in Kansas) Ford, Chevy. Interestingly, red is a huge color for vehicles in Kansas. Kansans LOVE red vehicles.

All this to emphasize that these things are very, very regional. Going back to a suburb outside of Houston, I’m sure quite a people own Nissan Frontiers, but black ones within four minutes seems amazing to me, especially considering place and time. We’re not talking about 35, or bumper to bumper, six lane traffic. On Kuykendahl road at 7am. Even without us knowing if it were a Pro 4x, if seems awfully coincidental to me.
Definitely true, and I’d go a step further and say within those there are micro-regions based, among other factors, on socioeconomics.

For example, I live in an inner suburb of Denver, where there are a ton of pickups but not to the extent of Texas or a lot of rural areas. And Fords are definitely the most common, by far.

But my neighborhood specifically is not the kind of area where most people can afford 60+k trucks, so maybe here if people want trucks they’re more likely to go with something like a frontier.

So looking at it this way, I wonder which category Liz’s neighborhood would land in. I know they lived in a big house, but I am not really clear on the general economics of their immediate area, which might make at least a bit of a difference?

Definitely true, and I’d go a step further and say within those there are micro-regions based, among other factors, on socioeconomics.

For example, I live in an inner suburb of Denver, where there are a ton of pickups but not to the extent of Texas or a lot of rural areas. And Fords are definitely the most common, by far.

But my neighborhood specifically is not the kind of area where most people can afford 60+k trucks, so maybe here if people want trucks they’re more likely to go with something like a frontier.

So looking at it this way, I wonder which category Liz’s neighborhood would land in. I know they lived in a big house, but I am not really clear on the general economics of their immediate area, which might make at least a bit of a difference?
So karma kicked me in the butt yesterday. Right after I replied with my post saying I never ever ever see Nissan Frontiers, I went into town and boom, parked right next to a brand new Nissan Frontier! haha! It was an electrical contractor's work truck. I laughed so hard. Humbled.

However, I found truck sales in the US for 2017 and you can see how just how few Nissan Frontiers are sold each year:

Full-Size Truck Sales (USA) – Year 2017

YTD 2017 #YTD 2017/2016 %
Ford F-Series896,7649.3%
Chevrolet Silverado585,8641.9%
Ram500,7232.0%
GMC Sierra217,943-1.7%
Toyota Tundra116,2850.7%
Nissan Titan52,924141.9%

Mid-Size Truck Sales (USA) – Year 2017

Toyota Tacoma198,1243.4%
Chevrolet Colorado112,9963.9%
Nissan Frontier74,360-14.5%
Honda Ridgeline34,74946.8%
GMC Canyon32,106-14.3%

source: Year Wrap-Up: Who Won the 2017 Pickup Truck Sales War in the USA?

So karma kicked me in the butt yesterday. Right after I replied with my post saying I never ever ever see Nissan Frontiers, I went into town and boom, parked right next to a brand new Nissan Frontier! haha! It was an electrical contractor's work truck. I laughed so hard. Humbled.

However, I found truck sales in the US for 2017 and you can see how just how few Nissan Frontiers are sold each year:

Full-Size Truck Sales (USA) – Year 2017

Ford F-Series896,7649.3%
Chevrolet Silverado585,8641.9%
Ram500,7232.0%
GMC Sierra217,943-1.7%
Toyota Tundra116,2850.7%
Nissan Titan52,924141.9%

Mid-Size Truck Sales (USA) – Year 2017

Toyota Tacoma198,1243.4%
Chevrolet Colorado112,9963.9%
Nissan Frontier74,360-14.5%
Honda Ridgeline34,74946.8%
GMC Canyon32,106-14.3%

source: Year Wrap-Up: Who Won the 2017 Pickup Truck Sales War in the USA?
Haha nice. I remember a past discussion about frontiers in this thread and while reading it I looked out my office window, and the very first vehicle that passed was a frontier, but the next two were f150s, and there were three more f150s I could see parked on the street right outside.

So with those statistics you posted the ratio is like one frontier for every 11 or 12 fords? Yeah that feels about right.

i'd like to know want to know why they entered the parking lot and why they immediately left the parking lot. did something spook them there?

what is interesting to me is that they left the school, drove to another street, and just waited a few minutes. i really want to know why they did that. is the truck was tipped off somehow or by someone of SB’s departure of the home?
were they picking someone else up?
bbm
A new and good idea!
More questions:
Did they return the picked up person after the killing and because of that passed the crime scene again?
Was the driver or the passenger the killer, if it happened like that?
Was the driver or the passenger possibly living nearby?

Last edited:
The boots are important to me, too.

To me they look like Wellington rubber boots rather than platform boots, and on the initial walk up the driveway the shooter seems to have a bit of a "clomping" walk the way one has when walking in wellie boots, which by nature tend to be loose and bulky feeling.

Just about every woman in my social group, from ages 12 to 80, has a pair of Hunter brand wellies. They're mid-to upper-mid range in terms of price and accessibility. No one I know has white Hunters, though. Hunters are made in white but they're not the easiest color to find--more often you see traditional colors like black and green plus fashion shades like red. White is not the most practical color if you're going to wear the boots in rain or mud. White boots would show every speck of dirt. But, by their nature, wellie boots won't stain and can be rinsed easily.

So why would someone pick white boots in particular?

I tend to think that there is a cosplay link. Since the famous 1960s Courreges space era collection, white boots have been associated with a futuristic, sci-fi look. Someone might choose white boots for a specific costume or simply because they like that space-girl aesthetic.

Personally I don't think the shooter is dressed in a cosplay outfit for the attack. I think they are wearing a lab coat (easily stripped off and discarded) and rubber wellies (visible blood easily rinsed off) and I think this attire is consistent with the planning shown with the 2 am drive-by. But I think a cosplay connection might explain why they choose white boots in the first place, instead of more practical and readily available colors.
I have always thought they were wearing a disposable lab coat as well. Plus the rubber type boots. I have seen concrete workers wear both items when working on jobsites.

Attachments

• 7F650B90-4D84-4505-B7B7-6181CBB1A949.png
    7F650B90-4D84-4505-B7B7-6181CBB1A949.png
    250.6 KB · Views: 8
  • BB02496A-D44D-4C08-B057-980577F71FCA.png
    BB02496A-D44D-4C08-B057-980577F71FCA.png
    382.7 KB · Views: 7
I have always thought they were wearing a disposable lab coat as well. Plus the rubber type boots. I have seen concrete workers wear both items when working on jobsites.
Very interesting take!

I had long thought it looked like a female around Lizs age that is dressed for a pre shower routine activity like walking a dog, smoking outside with coffee, having a cigarette etc.

Very interesting idea about the boots I strongly believe I know who they shooter has a good chance of being (a female) but this does shake up my iceberg belief about the boots.

I find women to be much more clever with disguises (clown killer and astronaut). One of my strong beliefs is that a man wouldn’t buy shoes like this in his size just to kill Liz. What if this is rubber boots to prevent spatter though

bbm
A new and good idea!
More questions:
Did they return the picked up person after the killing and because of that passed the crime scene again?
Was the driver or the passenger the killer, if it happened like that?
Was the driver or the passenger possibly living nearby?

I always had the feeling that one of the two people in the car was living nearby. That makes it all even more complicated. They had to dispose of the gun somewhere, too.

Very interesting take!

I had long thought it looked like a female around Lizs age that is dressed for a pre shower routine activity like walking a dog, smoking outside with coffee, having a cigarette etc.

Very interesting idea about the boots I strongly believe I know who they shooter has a good chance of being (a female) but this does shake up my iceberg belief about the boots.

I find women to be much more clever with disguises (clown killer and astronaut). One of my strong beliefs is that a man wouldn’t buy shoes like this in his size just to kill Liz. What if this is rubber boots to prevent spatter though
It’s quite possible in this instance, the disposable lab coat and rubber boots were to allow for easy cleanup of blood spatter.

I always had the feeling that one of the two people in the car was living nearby. That makes it all even more complicated. They had to dispose of the gun somewhere, too.

In your scenario, do we know that the two people were both adults?

Some possibilities:

Two adults in the truck.

One adult, one (maybe very young) child.

Or just one adult, period.

All JMO

Last edited:
A third person, who took the gun at the location, where the driver dropped the passenger? So, after the crime one perp at "A" home or his own home, one with the gun (escaped however) and one, who drove the car away?

I never had the feeling, it could have been like that, but possibly it would make sense.

What are you people talking about, like there were three people involved? where is the evidence? Certainly we can speculate, but at this point I don't see any more than one person involved, the shooter- if there is evidence to the contrary I am all ears!

What are you people talking about, like there were three people involved? where is the evidence? Certainly we can speculate, but at this point I don't see any more than one person involved, the shooter- if there is evidence to the contrary I am all ears!
No evidence, only one theory based on another theory. :) All speculation.
I don't know, what to think except: hired killer for money reasons, pointing to the f-i-l (or one of his mistresses?) more than to the husband. MOO

No evidence, only one theory based on another theory. :) All speculation.
I don't know, what to think except: hired killer for money reasons, pointing to the f-i-l (or one of his mistresses?) more than to the husband. MOO
I know how frustrating this case is: it is never far from my thoughts-- I just have this feeling that the detectives in this case are missing something. I would imagine there is a cold case team that is looking at this case. Just wonder if fresh eyes should be looking at it-- IMO that vehicle is the key----

Yes, in anticipation of removing the wearable items easily because of getting any blood spatter, tissue (I'll keep it mild), body fluids? Evidence could still be in the truck though? moo

I also thought it looked like a lab coat.

You have to be careful with nigh time images however, cameras assign brightness values based on the entire image so a "white" coat might actually be a dark or even black coat, same for the boots. Experts look at the raw data to figure it out.

As an example, my Ring camera alternately displays the grass in my front yard as white, pink, or black depending on the ambient lighting. Sometimes it even comes out green like it's supposed to be. My bright white car is sometimes black at night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xxxooowow