TX TX - Elizabeth Barraza, 29, murdered setting up garage sale, Harris Co, Jan 2019 #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very interesting take!

I had long thought it looked like a female around Lizs age that is dressed for a pre shower routine activity like walking a dog, smoking outside with coffee, having a cigarette etc.

Very interesting idea about the boots I strongly believe I know who they shooter has a good chance of being (a female) but this does shake up my iceberg belief about the boots.

I find women to be much more clever with disguises (clown killer and astronaut). One of my strong beliefs is that a man wouldn’t buy shoes like this in his size just to kill Liz. What if this is rubber boots to prevent spatter though
I just got sudden American Psycho vibes from this post. What is the killer was prepared and dressed like Christian Bales character is during that one particular scene? He wears a long plastic coat too to avoid getting messy. Ugh, so creepy

Last edited:
I just got sudden American Psycho vibes from this post. What is the killer was prepared and dressed like Christian Bales character is during that one particular scene? He wears a long plastic coat too to avoid getting messy. Ugh, so creepy

How did it look to Liz? If she saw her approached by such a creature, shouldn’t she run away?

How did it look to Liz? If she saw her approached by such a creature, shouldn’t she run a

How did it look to Liz? If she saw her approached by such a creature, shouldn’t she run away?

I believe she was frozen in shock and was unable to run away: try and put yourself in her position. She is getting ready for a garage sale, some person comes up, perhaps yells in your face while pulling out a gun --I think I would be in shock and unable to move-- your mind would be unable to comprehend what was happening. It happened very fast-

Maybe the killer went the wrong way initially because they didn't want to turn around in front of the cameras and allow a good look at the vehicle or possibly even the license plate? I guess they could have parked across the street but maybe they wanted less time for a potential witness to see them before getting back in the truck.

She was blocked in. The placement of a treadmill prevented her from being able to turn around and run

Is this true? I find this quite interesting, if so. Because, we are told that Liz was quite "security conscious", and also that the alarm was set while she was outside at the garage sale as a precaution. But then, the "placement of a treadmill prevented her from being able to turn around and run". What? Who placed the treadmill there?

Somebody who truly looks like American Psycho? Yes, I think she would be back pedaling and instictually looking for an escape route.

But..... What if the person was just is partial Cos-play costume from what ever genre? Such an occurrence might not be that unusual in the victim's sub culture- thus no cause for immediate alarm.

Anectdotally, I knew a group of SCA participants once (anything goes fantasy group- Historical Medieval meets historical Renaissance, then bumps into Lord of the Rings- and mixes in a little Dune).

It was not unusual for members to walk around campus in partial costumes from time to time- dont 'elfin' boots just scream "fall"? That 3 Musketeers billowing shirt brings those jeans alive! Snuggle time in a '"traveler's cloak"?

Fashion aside, going around in partial costume was also a way to show their hand made creations to other interested parties like theatre majors. I suspect the bunch wore partial costumes on occasion with out thinking about it.

In the end, I suspect that given her 501 interests, the victim would not go into alarm mode if approached by somebody in strange clothing Say, a semi and non 501 grade Princess Leia get up, or a quasi costume from another genre.

Is this true? I find this quite interesting, if so. Because, we are told that Liz was quite "security conscious", and also that the alarm was set while she was outside at the garage sale as a precaution. But then, the "placement of a treadmill prevented her from being able to turn around and run". What? Who placed the treadmill there?
Sergio

I feel like if the person was wearing some kind of cosplay costume Elizabeth would have said something about it, especially if it was Star Wars or Harry Potter related.
I don't think she was able to do much talking after seeing the person in costume or whatever it was.

FWIW I do not believe Liz's shooter had on any particular type of outfit.

I also do not think Liz was blocked in intentionally. I think the shooter used a phone/picture/flyer to get Liz's attention and shot her when she leaned it.

When the shooter gets close to her, Liz didn't appear to look behind her for options. The shooter walks up to her and when she gets close, Liz takes a HUGE step back. She didn't appear to look around for an escape plan. She then leans in when the shooter extends their left hand, it really got Liz's attention, and the shooter shoots her right away.

One thing about the footage. We don't get to see Liz's reaction. It may have been more telling if we had seen or heard her motion something like hands out and "wait, its not how it looks" or eye roll and "oh my god, THIS crap again?" or hands WAY out like "thats not me!".

Yes it’s true. If you’re seen the videos, you can see she’s surrounded on all sides.
She and Sergio moved it there.

A third person, who took the gun at the location, where the driver dropped the passenger? So, after the crime one perp at "A" home or his own home, one with the gun (escaped however) and one, who drove the car away?

I think that if the Nissan that was stopped by the police was “that Nissan” and it did not look suspicious, then perhaps either one person, the driver, was not the shooter and indeed had a solid professional alibi, or it was someone like a father and a child. Someone that instantly generates trust. The third person was probably the shooter but lost to observation.

I read that Liz was reenacting for sick kids. What about kids in general, some kind of a Children’s Hospital?

FWIW I do not believe Liz's shooter had on any particular type of outfit.

I also do not think Liz was blocked in intentionally. I think the shooter used a phone/picture/flyer to get Liz's attention and shot her when she leaned it.

When the shooter gets close to her, Liz didn't appear to look behind her for options. The shooter walks up to her and when she gets close, Liz takes a HUGE step back. She didn't appear to look around for an escape plan. She then leans in when the shooter extends their left hand, it really got Liz's attention, and the shooter shoots her right away.

One thing about the footage. We don't get to see Liz's reaction. It may have been more telling if we had seen or heard her motion something like hands out and "wait, its not how it looks" or eye roll and "oh my god, THIS crap again?" or hands WAY out like "thats not me!".
Poor Liz. She certainly had a lot of fear, when this figure approached her in their night gown or lab coat early in the morning, with flowing hair (and we don't know, what make-up the person had put on their face, IF at all). Liz's HUGE step back was exactly to be seen. Who knows, what face stared back at her?! A pity, that we won't learn of the words, that were exchanged, and what the killer showed to Liz. That would be so revealing!

Can it be, the notice handed out to Liz, was: "You have been married for 5 years, and now it's over /enough!" Something like that?

Or the next possibility: "Your husband wants children (not a dog)!"

I’m not sure that the killer actually showed her anything. Also, I can’t see how she would have had time to focus and read anything thrust at her like that. It almost seems like a “feint” or something to give the shooter a very brief moment for her to keep still -essentially, give him/her a non-moving target. JMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rouark50