TX TX - Elizabeth Barraza, 29, murdered setting up garage sale, Harris Co, Jan 2019 #7

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The concept of having a garage sale on a Friday has never made sense to me. In my neighborhood, people have them on weekends only, so that it's convenient for working people. That's when there's foot traffic. People have the time to look.
RSBM - Where I live, Wednesdays and Saturdays are very common garage sale days.

The shooter would have had to have knowledge of the garage sale. The driving by in the early morning hours before makes me think they had not been there before and wanted to get a lay of the land, so to speak, or plan their escape route. They could have killed her as she left for Starbucks, but the timing of it was predetermined. Why? Knew she would be outside for the garage sale? Wanted to ensure Sergio was gone which would require knowledge of his schedule as well? Both? This case is infuriating!

Also, I think they quickly moved from Goddard school because they didn't account for parents to be dropping their kids off that early. There would have been a much greater chance someone took note of a truck just sitting there. According to the Goddard School website they open at 6am. The timing of the whole thing really baffles me.

All speculation, of course.
I agree with all your points.
My strongest suspicion is still that it’s a close family member. Or someone associated with that family member. Perhaps that person also encouraged Liz to have the garage sale that day.

I often wonder if the last minute decision to go ahead with the garage was due to the bounce check(s) situation? Would it have to do with needing to pay a few small bills? I dont know... just can't imagine why having a garage sale right before leaving for vacation was warranted. I know it's been said for small gifts. Thinking there are so many other things to do... right before a big trip?

Only my thoughts, nothing substantial
I see this come up a lot,and although I can’t speak for having a sale in January in Texas, one thing I know a lot about is getting excited for a vacation that is right around the corner.

Many times I’ve had another full day of work before vacay and with no kids to support I was like eff it, I’m out! And if someone questioned me, I’d be like “yeah I have a lot of errands to do *lies*.

So all MOO, but maybe she really didn’t care about getting too much money , but was just getting stoked about vacay?

Could they be nonbinary? Not common in her neighborhood probably but more common in cosplay.
Good insight!!

Many adult nerd groups of various genres and interests have a long history of tolerance regarding sexual expression. That does not mean that all participants openly affirm all forms of sexual / gender expression. But, lets just say that there are many kinds of tolerated "different" in "Nerdom".

Going into numbers.....

There are about 35 active and semi active participants in my non cosplay corner of Nerdom. I have seen two participants experiment with presenting themselves as a different gender than their birth gender.

Possibly even more confusing to would be investigators is that both individuals take the other gender for a period of time, then revert back to their birth genders for longer periods of time.

I have no idea if the above sample would represents the copslay average, but if it does, it would yield about 6% of cosplay participants being to varying degrees, non binary or transexual.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
beanut
Back