TX TX - Elizabeth Barraza, 29, murdered setting up garage sale, Harris Co, Jan 2019 #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
On the morning of the garage sale, Liz leaves her home from the front door, not from the garage. Liz’s vehicle had already been parked outside in the driveway.

Who parked Liz's car there? Was that done the previous night, or that morning as her and SB are setting up garage sale?

Liz gets in her car, sits there for about a minute and then she drives to Starbucks. Once she returns from Starbucks, she parks her car on the street, walks up to the house, makes a funny face at the Nest camera.

Does this look like someone who is afraid?

She did not appear afraid.

Additionally, Liz’s hair changed styles, leaving for coffee her hair is in a ponytail and returning from coffee run her hair pulled up in a bun.

SB helps her set up the heavier items (table, treadmill?) and then he leaves the house for Lowes.

After the coffee trip, not an hour later Liz is killed.

The thing that strikes me about this crime is that the killer seems to have made no serious effort to conceal themselves. They drove by the prior evening knowing (or should have known) they would be captured on camera, then parked in a school parking lot which also would have cameras as a reasonable expectation. They could have been observed any number of times by those cameras and were, or also by people walking their dog, or riding a bike. They took a huge risk that they could be identified later. While I understand many believe they see a costume in the video, why go to that trouble and then drive by and risk being seen the evening before?
A LOT about this case reminds me of Mo Wilson and Kaitlyn Armstrong.

I think Kaitlyn was the same way, not really caring that much that her distinctive jeep was easily spotted zooming around the neighborhood on doorcams and other cameras. Kaitlyn even acted super annoyed when the cops arrested her for theft (she had a warrant out for it) in order to question her about Mos death.

I sometimes wonder if the shooter knew all about how well the CCTV would capture the crime. It’s almost as if it was intentionally looking at it all.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kristens5487
Back