TX - Elizabeth Barraza, 29, murdered setting up garage sale, Harris County, Jan 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone heard whether or not their home surveillance cameras were still working? The victim comments in a post on FB, that she was glad they had them installed due to recent thefts in the neighborhood. This was back in 2016 that the comment was made, but the Xfinity sign is still up by the front door in the media photos. The one camera seems to point directly at the driveway where EB was shot.

Has anyone seen her workplace mentioned or comments from them? I’ve seen it mentioned on her Facebook profile but don’t know if I can mention the name. I have not seen it in msm.

Though I don't know if the couple are first generation and of direct immigrant descent, or are say, multi century Texas hispanics, home ownership and home occupancy amongst some immigrant groups especially can be two very different things.

It is not uncommon for an immigrant family to buy a home as an investment or for the occupants to be house sitters for the real owner- often an absentee relative. Likewise, the owner on record may, or may not be the true owner.

The totality of this possibility could serve as a motive if there was a dispute among partial owners in a family, or if there was a dispute between the "true" owner and the owner of record.

According to Harris County Property Tax records the home is listed as being owned by Sergio and Elizabeth Barraza. Appraised value for tax billing purposes in 2018 was $190, 121. Given that this was a two income couple and she worked in the oil and energy sector so I would speculate that the home was easily within this couple's income bracket.

Has anyone seen her workplace mentioned or comments from them? I’ve seen it mentioned on her Facebook profile but don’t know if I can mention the name. I have not seen it in msm.
I used to work with her. Everyone there is very sad and in shocm. I know of no ill will against her.
I don’t feel comfortable identifying her place of employment.

According to Harris County Property Tax records the home is listed as being owned by Sergio and Elizabeth Barraza. Appraised value for tax billing purposes in 2018 was $190, 121. Given that this was a two income couple and she worked in the oil and energy sector so I would speculate that the home was easily within this couple's income bracket

Her and husband saved for a long time to purchase their home. I worked with her when they purchased it

I used to work with her. Everyone there is very sad and in shocm. I know of no ill will against her.
I don’t feel comfortable identifying her place of employment.
I’ll put my feelers out tho to see if anyone was questioned at work. It was a very close knit working environment, and if she was experiencing anything weird, like someone having an issue with her (at work or outside or work), she might have mentioned it to a few coworkers.

Am stunned there has not been an arrest. I can’t imagine someone having that much hatred/anger etc and no one else having any idea who it could be. I would be afraid to leave my house if there was someone out there with this much of an issue with me. How could no one know?

I’ll put my feelers out tho to see if anyone was questioned at work. It was a very close knit working environment, and if she was experiencing anything weird, like someone having an issue with her (at work or outside or work), she might have mentioned it to a few coworkers.
The police have interview coworkers in her group. It doesn’t sound like they got any leads from it. It’s still so baffling.

It looks to me like the shooter shows her something (presumably the gun) with his/her right hand, she recoils, then possibly shows her something else in the left hand, then shoots her with the right.

What happens exactly isn't clear, but I'm almost positive the shooter fires right handed.
You could well be right- and given the preponderance of right hand dominance, statistics are also on your side.

The first object when the victim (right hand) may well of been the gun. The victim then startles. The attacker then shows the victim an object with her left hand (possible justification?)- then starts to fire the weapon.

The police have interview coworkers in her group. It doesn’t sound like they got any leads from it. It’s still so baffling.
If anyone knows of anything "secret" that might be behind this horrific act, it would be her best friend. Hopefully LE has questioned them thoroughly.

Amateur opinion and speculation only

IMO - the killer is someone very close to the victim or her husband...as the killer obviously knew her husband would be gone (just a few minutes prior to) & knew that Elizabeth would be outside working on her yard sale at 7am. And, the killing was very up close & personal with overkill (4 shots.) It wouldn't surprise me that the killer might be one of her Facebook "friends."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mel18