TX - Elizabeth Barraza, 29, murdered setting up garage sale, Harris County, Jan 2019

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Elizabeth apparently donated a lot of time cheering patients in hospitals. She was a daughter and wife. She was a high school graduate. Someone should have written her a lovely obituary. I can't even find information about her life posted for free on a funeral home's website. That's very odd and sad.

Last edited:
From what I can find, Liz and Sergio owned that lovely $200,000, four-bedroom home in which they lived. Paying that mortgage payment must have taken a sizable chunk of their monthly income.

Because Sergio and Liz are so young, they probably only had the minimum amount of money saved to put down on their house. That could mean their mortgage payment was close to $2000/month. Oh my! That's a huge amount of money for a 29-year-old data entry analyst and a very young floor-installing husband.

Elizabeth apparently donated a lot of time cheering patients in hospitals. She was a daughter and wife. She was a high school graduate. Someone should have written her a lovely obituary. I can't even find information about her life posted for free on a funeral home's website. That's very odd and sad.
I think at the very least it should have been on the funeral homes website. But having an obituary printed in the newspaper can actually be extremely expensive. I had no idea until my mother in law passed away. My husband and sister in law wrote a beautiful obituary for her. Houston Chronicle charged $1200 to have it printed in their newspaper!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

From Liz's FB page I observed that she and her husband enjoyed Star Wars cosplay. I didn't observe that Liv and Sergio had attended many out-of-state cosplay events. These are expensive. A cosplayer usually rents a convention center hotel room for the weekend and also must pay for their airfare.

There is a huge Star Wars cosplay event in Chicago this weekend. IMO, Liz likely wanted to attend, but couldn't as she had just planned their anniversary weekend which was expensive as she created a garage sale to help finance the anniversary plans. Sergio may have wanted to attend this large, out-of-state cosplay event too, IMO.
Screen Shot 2019-03-19 at 8.54.33 PM.png

Last edited:
I think at the very least it should have been on the funeral homes website. But having an obituary printed in the newspaper can actually be extremely expensive. I had no idea until my mother in law passed away. My husband and sister in law wrote a beautiful obituary for her. Houston Chronicle charged $1200 to have it printed in their newspaper!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
That’s crazy!!

The person who established the account on "that site that accepts donations" insinuated that the Chewbacca actor donated all or some of the $20,000 reward. That's not true. Crime Stoppers put up the reward for information.
Screen Shot 2019-03-19 at 10.06.21 PM.png

Last edited:
Police know the exact model and color of the truck the killer was driving. It's an older model, black, four-door Nissan Frontier. Through DMV records they must have identified all owners of every one of these trucks in south Texas. The killer should realize this and contact the District Attorney. He or she should make a deal with the DA now because he or she will eventually be arrested.

It's possible the killer traveled across state lines in that older model, black, four-door, Nissan Frontier. IMO, the family should push the sheriff's office to seek FBI assistance.

Will any Harris County deputies travel to the huge Star Wars cosplay event in Chicago this weekend for surveillance and to question participants? Imo, it would be tragic if deputies missed this opportunity and the killer (if he or she attends) had a magnificent time at this cosplay event.

That's disgusting!

Maybe she was Beamed up.
(It maybe wasn’t a traditional funeral.)

Last edited:
Police know the exact model and color of the truck the killer was driving. It's an older model, black, four-door Nissan Frontier. Through DMV records they must have identified all owners of every one of these trucks in south Texas. The killer should realize this and contact the District Attorney. He or she should make a deal with the DA now because he or she will eventually be arrested.

It's possible the killer traveled across state lines in that older model, black, four-door, Nissan Frontier. IMO, the family should push the sheriff's office to seek FBI assistance.

Will any Harris County deputies travel to the huge Star Wars cosplay event in Chicago this weekend for surveillance and to question participants? Imo, it would be tragic if deputies missed this opportunity and the killer (if he or she attends) had a magnificent time at this cosplay event.

There’s a 99.99% chance that car would have been borrowed or stolen anyway if it was planned.

Yes. There are surveillance cameras everywhere. LE used surveillance cameras to follow that black truck right back to its own neighborhood. Nobody is going to get away with this crime.
I sure hope you are right, but why has it taken 2 1/2 months already if they used surveillance cameras to follow that black truck?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snoopysnoop