TX - Elizabeth Barraza, 29, murdered setting up garage sale, Harris County, Jan 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I really hope they do a press conference soon so
Thank you cocochanel!

I hope you guys will choose to look at this video. Family members, friends remember woman gunned down outside her Tomball home I just did a little search for news and found this story right away. The video is only the part when the suspect approaches Liz, so no need for warning with it. But, what is interesting is I can see the hand movement better. It almost looks like Liz doesn’t see a gun and the two are talking with hands or she is being shown something?

Also, to me it looks like when the suspect approaches she has on boots that go to mid calf? Do you see that? Maybe some like this? https://www.6pm.com/i/9213525/style/4680268/0
I’m wondering if it could be an outfit to look like a Star Wars character , a cape not a robe? Or a robe to look like a cape?

Yes, to me it looks like she is being shown something. A piece of paper?...not sure but to me it definitely looks like something is being shown.

^^MOO, JMO, IMO, ETC^^

Yes, to me it looks like she is being shown something. A piece of paper?...not sure but to me it definitely looks like something is being shown.

^^MOO, JMO, IMO, ETC^^
True but it could also have been being used as a decoy.....like "do you know where this address is?" To make certain it was the correct target first?

My guess, the killer WANTED EB to know who it was shooting her. That is as cold-blooded as they come, no? You’re right, it could have been done from a distance, but this killer wanted to see EB’s eyes, and wanted EB to see hers/his. Just as heartless as all get out. That alone should qualify for the harshest possible punishment under the law.

JMO
Its either that or its a hit woman or hit man disguised as a woman and they needed to be certain it was the person they were hired to kill.

I dont think it could possibly be the husband because he would have known who it was without having to get in her face like that. But I have not outruled him hiring a hit person.

Disappointing that no arrest has been made yet.
What little we DID learn from the presser this morning:

- looking for an older model, four-door, Nissan Frontier.
- It may have some type of badge or tag number in the rear quarter panel near the tailgate.
- investigators can’t say if it’s a man or woman.
- Barrazas didn't publicize the garage sale and only put up signs about it that morning.
- Crime Stoppers reward of up to $20,000 is being offered for information leading to an arrest.
- LB was selling items in the garage sale to make a little extra money for an 5th wedding anniversary she was to take with her husband 2 days after the murder.

Sounds like someone did NOT want them taking that trip.
My gut is that it is a crazy person who IMAGINES she has has a relationship with EB’s husband. I’d be looking at anyone who is inserting themselves into his life right now to offer condolences and comfort. And I believe her poor husband is totally unaware of the crazy person’s intentions. Just my gut....

^^MOO, JMO, IMO, ETC^^
I just watched it again and I see what you mean! It looks to me like she shows Elizabeth a phone screen. Like, “did you send this text?”

JMO
Its either that or its a hit woman or hit man disguised as a woman and they needed to be certain it was the person they were hired to kill.

I dont think it could possibly be the husband because he would have known who it was without having to get in her face like that. But I have not outruled him hiring a hit person.

If the husband theoretically was involved in hiring a hit person to me it would seem there would be a more discreet opportunity to provide an entrance into the house when she would be alone and not have to have it done in the front yard. He lays floors for a living so I think it would have been easy enough to have "work late" and give someone access to the home.

I am leaning toward some crazed stalker type that they may have run across in their Star Wars activities. It would explain to me the robe or coat, because it has the feel of more of a costume attempt than an actual robe or coat. Maybe someone that had crossed the line in terms of realism and fantasy and had developed a fixation with her or her husband.

Another theory is that it is someone unstable in the neighborhood that saw her outside that morning and had some personal vendetta.

Last, would be if there was someone she worked with that wanted her out of the way.

Even though they have stated that they didn't advertise the garage sale, it doesn't mean that she didn't tell others about it. In a news article it stated that this sale was something she did annually this time of the year.

"She has some really nice things,” said Cindy Ghrist, who lives across the street from the victim. “I was with her last year when she was doing the garage sale.”

Ghrist says the garage sale was an annual event at the victim’s home.
Woman shot point blank while setting up garage sale in Tomball area

<modsnipped> Now for the truck... surely all rentals of that model have been contacted.

Another idea is it is someone from out of the area and the people surrounding them have not heard of this case to report the truck. It needs more national attention outside of Star Wars cosplay people.

Last edited by a moderator:
Another thought - since they only put up the garage sale signs that morning, could the killer be angry about the signs? Say, if a sign was on a pole or tree in front of their house, they think of it as 'their property' and consider it trespassing...

Another thought - since they only put up the garage sale signs that morning, could the killer be angry about the signs? Say, if a sign was on a pole or tree in front of their house, they think of it as 'their property' and consider it trespassing...

That would be a possibility for a crazed individual but if so would seem that vehicle would be known to the neighborhood.

I agree, she is being shown or handed something. I really thought this would be a slam dunk, arrest right away situation. The longer it takes, the more random it seems to me.

I agree.
The fact there hasn't been an arrest, perhaps there is no connection to family: a crazy out there, grabbing this opportunity.
MOO.

JMO- I truly think she and her husband were rock solid in love. I just don’t get an infidelity vibe.

Random act of violence? Maybe, but it seemed far too personal. The person appeared to be emphasizing a very major grievance prior to the execution for it to be just a random thrill kill. (Again MOO)

I suppose a long lost rejected love could be a possibility. But as of today, I’m really leaning toward a cosplay or work related hit.

I’m not sure on the motive yet, it definitely feels personal. Also IMO I’m still leaning towards a female shooter. I think a woman would want to tell you why she’s shooting you, where as a man would have just pulled the trigger and left. Maybe I’ve watched too many movies but that’s my gut feeling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro