GUILTY TX - Elizabeth Ennen, 15, Lubbock, 5 January 2011

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Sgt. Duncan confirmed the following:
Humberto “Art” Maldonado Salinas, Jr., 45, was arrested Saturday, Jan. 22 at 7:40 a.m.
Salinas was booked into the Lubbock County Jail.
Sgt. Duncan said Salinas met with a judge who charged him with aggravated kidnapping in Elizabeth’s case and issued a $250,000 bond. Salinas remains in the Lubbock County Jail.
A Lubbock County Jail clerk told Examiner.com Sunday morning that Humberto M. Salinas, Jr., was previously arrested on charges of theft, aggravated assault, domestic assault, DWI, and public intoxication. The clerk said she could not provide dates of the arrests
Carmen Manzanares is Humberto M. Salinas’ common-law wife.
Manzanares was arrested Saturday, Jan. 22 at 11:20 a.m. and booked into the Lubbock County Jail. She is charged for failure to display a driver’s license and remains in jail sitting out her fine.
Her scheduled release date is Jan. 29, according to the Lubbock County Jail clerk
The clerk also confirmed Manzanares was previously arrested on charges of public intoxication, suspended license, domestic assault, and failure to appear.
Elizabeth’s boyfriend, Humberto Lopez Salinas, 19, was arrested Saturday at 1:15 a.m. and booked into the Lubbock County Jail.
He was charged on two theft charges: Theft under $50 with a $150 bond; and Theft with a warrant for $1,500 to $20,000 with a $5,000 bond. Bail was posted and he was released from jail Saturday.
The clerk at the Lubbock County Jail said she saw no prior arrests for 19-year-old Humberto Lopez Salinas.

http://www.examiner.com/missing-per...-texas-teen-case-suspected-kidnapper-arrested

January 23rd, 2011 1:51 pm ET
Isabelle Zehnder
Missing Persons Examiner

<snipped>
There was a flurry of activity Saturday morning, and according to Elizabeth’s aunt, Lily Huckabee, police arrested three members of Elizabeth’s 19-year-old boyfriend’s family, including the boyfriend.

In a phone conversation with Lubbock County Jail Sergeant Duncan Sunday morning, he confirmed the three arrests were made Saturday morning. He said, however, that he cannot confirm the three cases are related.
<snipped>

Huckabee said two others were arrested Saturday morning: Humberto Salinas’ common-law wife, Carmen Manzanares, and his son, Humberto Lopez Salinas.

Much more at link

Wow that newest must have just come online...
Thanks for posting!

Wow...you know IF there are young children that WERE being babysat- I sure hope they have been taken into some type of protective/emergency foster situation.

Oh my oh me...they some hinky here for sure

Is Lubbock going to call in some professional searchers, I hope? Searches need to start now, if not already in progress...:( Dogs, sonar, etc...

Not sure about the destinction of "aggravated" here.

Also, how the heck do they know she was kidnapped anyway, if JR isn't talking?

What do they have on him?

&#8212; Police say they&#8217;ve charged a 45-year-old Lubbock man has been charged with aggravated kidnapping in the case of a 15-year-old girl listed for weeks as a runaway.

Lubbock police Capt. Greg Stevens says the search for Lubbock Monterey High School student Elizabeth Ennen has now changed from a runaway investigation to a kidnapping case. Stevens said Saturday he knows of no leads to her whereabouts, despite the charge against Humberto Maldonado Salinas Jr. A message left for Stevens Sunday wasn&#8217;t returned.

http://news.bostonherald.com/news/national/southwest/view/20110123man_arrested_in_disappearance_of_texas_teen/srvc=home&position=recent

Definition of Aggravated Kidnapping:

20.04. AGGRAVATED KIDNAPPING.

(a) A person commits an
offense if he intentionally or knowingly abducts another person
with the intent to:

(1) hold him for ransom or reward;

(2) use him as a shield or hostage;

(3) facilitate the commission of a felony or the
flight after the attempt or commission of a felony;

(4) inflict bodily injury on him or violate or abuse
him sexually;

(5) terrorize him or a third person; or

(6) interfere with the performance of any governmental
or political function.

(b) A person commits an offense if the person intentionally
or knowingly abducts another person and uses or exhibits a deadly
weapon during the commission of the offense

(c) Except as provided by Subsection (d), an offense under
this section is a felony of the first degree.

(d) At the punishment stage of a trial, the defendant may
raise the issue as to whether he voluntarily released the victim in
a safe place. If the defendant proves the issue in the affirmative
by a preponderance of the evidence, the offense is a felony of the
second degree.

http://law.onecle.com/texas/penal/20.04.00.html

seems odd to be babysitting at a motel doesn't it? I wonder if these were trusted friends or strangers-how she got the job.

Odd is not even the word for it. Unless they were visiting from out of town. Especially this motel. Family lived in Lubbock, parent had to know what kind of place this is...read the reviews from tripadvisor.com. First review seems to be a plant by owner as it is in such contrast to the others. o: I wouldn't let my kids in this area of town, much less stay to babysit.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Search?q...-search=Search&geo=&where=nav&returnTo=__2F__

Sounds like LE deliberately arrested HS on other charges so they could blindside him with the aggravated kidnapping charge, and listen to what he came up with regarding EE hopefully with his guard down a bit.

http://lubbockonline.com/local-news/2011-01-23/man-charged-kidnapping-teen

Police initially listed Elizabeth as a runaway after her mother reported her missing just after midnight Jan. 5 when the 15-year-old hadn’t returned from the baby-sitting job, according to a police report.

Members of Elizabeth's family were frustrated with police for not treating the case as a kidnapping from the beginning, Stevens and Elizabeth's cousin, Chris Moss, said Saturday.

“We told them straight up from day one it wasn’t like her to run off,” Moss said.
===
bbm

Just noting that this news article says Elizabeth's mom called police at 12:30am.

Odd is not even the word for it. Unless they were visiting from out of town. Especially this motel. Family lived in Lubbock, parent had to know what kind of place this is...read the reviews from tripadvisor.com. First review seems to be a plant by owner as it is in such contrast to the others. o: I wouldn't let my kids in this area of town, much less stay to babysit.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Search?q...-search=Search&geo=&where=nav&returnTo=__2F__

Sounds like LE deliberately arrested HS on other charges so they could blindside him with the aggravated kidnapping charge, and listen to what he came up with regarding EE hopefully with his guard down a bit.

I think the family lived at the motel, per earlier news articles.

just an observation but that looks like our local CPS family visitation room not that it IS the exact one.. just kinda weird background for a family pic. A lot of families under supervised visitation take family pics in our local room because they are excited about the visits, want to remember the visits since sometimes they are monthly etc...
JMHO MOO etc

just an observation but that looks like our local CPS family visitation room not that it IS the exact one.. just kinda weird background for a family pic. A lot of families under supervised visitation take family pics in our local room because they are excited about the visits, want to remember the visits since sometimes they are monthly etc...
JMHO MOO etc

I was wondering the same thing. I thought it looked like some kind of institutional setting of some kind too. I think you might be right.

Thanks Raven for catching that new MSM article. Glad to hear they are searching, though it sounds like a sad ending is coming. Yes I saw on the map some lakes inaddition to the one next to the motel (it may not be there now though, depends on when the aerial was taken)
I venture to guess under the circumstances she will be found close to the motel.:(

Shivs- please add your input, it would be appreciated! I know some are a little , ahhh upset? that EE was thought to be a runaway, under the circumstances given in MSM....but LE seems to be proceeding rapidly now and justice can be had...
Please let us know what you may hear or know about this.Thanks!

JMOO--But, maybe this is why the police aren't doing much to investigate Beth's disappearance... Some are child predators themselves! Read this!!!

http://lubbockonline.com/filed-onli...ed-charges-sexual-assault-and-indecency-child

He was a cop for 5 months.

He was abusing his adopted daughter for 3 years.

He became a cop AFTER the abuse started. This isn't a "cop gone bad" this is a "bad guy who became a cop."

Yes, law enforcement put Beth off as a runaway and lost time.

Just like Hailey Dunn, Jonathan Foster and several other kids in different areas of Texas were initially labeled as runaways. If you are over 10 years old and disappear odds are about 50/50 that you will be labeled as a runaway. It's just the way it is. That's why you have to fight to get the media coverage and prove they are not a runaway.

They could have simply continued to say she was a runaway and left it at that. I highly doubt any suspect walked in screaming "I kidnapped her!" So they had to do something to investigate at some point. They also didn't get national pressure like LE in Hailey Dunn's case.

I'm not going to condemn the whole department for a couple of cops who became cops for the wrong reason. That'd be like condemning all doctor's because mine was an incompetent idiot. :twocents:

JMHO MOO etc

Could you please give a link for the picture you speak of? tia

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove