GUILTY TX - Elizabeth Ennen, 15, Lubbock, 5 January 2011

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
A 45 year old man has been arrested. He is supposedly the father of the 19 year old boyfriend who was arrested then released. Need to find some local news links due to seeing this on FB. I was reading kidnap and terrorizing. This sounds very ominous, because of the terrorizing part. Am hoping to find out if this one of those things where a ransom is demanded or if it could even be an attempt at trafficking, but no word so far. Hope it is just something less severe having to do with teenage relationships and Elizabeth is okay and found soon.

thought the story of the purse left in the car was too suss.....

Traficked to mexico maybe??? I hope not., but yet that would mean she's still alive!!

Classes resumed in the local public high schools on Tues Jan 4th...so yes Wed Jan 5th WAS a school night

There may be a nightclub at the motel location. Possibly called Texas Nights, Tejano Country, Club Fuego, Club X, Club Rico, or South Beach. All of these names go back to the Slaton Rd. address.

Can any local confirm if there is currently a nightclub/bar sharing the motel location??

You might try looking for the business licenses to see if one is active at that address.

There may be a nightclub at the motel location. Possibly called Texas Nights, Tejano Country, Club Fuego, Club X, Club Rico, or South Beach. All of these names go back to the Slaton Rd. address.

Can any local confirm if there is currently a nightclub/bar sharing the motel location??

Haven't been local for several years but Lubbock never changes..there are several hotels/motels on Slaton Hwy...I believe all of them have a night club.

The Carriage House Inn provides travelers an ideal lodging experience at an economy price. The hotel has an outdoor seasonal pool, free parking, cable TV, free local calls, and wireless internet access in each room. Suites only also include a microwave and refrigerator. Coming soon, grand opening for Carriage House Night Club & Restaurant. Please contact listing agent for more details.
http://www.loopnet.com/Listing/15230036/910-E-Slaton-Hwy-Lubbock-TX/

Thanks for the idea about the business license- county web site won't load'

I think it safe to assume that there is some sort of club/restaurant at the motel. SO that leads me to believe alcohol is easily available for guests. Just thinking.
pond
OH fer crying out loud!! There is a pond/lake right next to the darn hotel!!! At least on the google map. +33.530749, -101.825362

I wonder it is still there. Not sure of date of sat. map .

Boy that water is a little too close for comfort....and oh egads, I wonder if they have looked in the pool, if there is a cover on it.

My husband is telling me Club Rico is or used to be connected to the Carriage House. Not sure if it is still open or not.

thanks mommavi- there were so many that had the same address, I couldn't get it straight when which one was there when...haha say that fast 5 times.

Another scenario- One thing that worries me it being a hotel, is IF she were babysitting, and maybe stepped out of the room to go get a beverage....and ran into a drunk/high patron of a club there in a hall....then the 'family adults' get back and she is gone and they freaked out...and came up with that drop her at home & then take her purse back later tale.

Well I am gonna call it a night- hopefully LE has a good handle on it now with the arrest, and they swarm over that motel with a fine tooth comb.And get to actively searching!

May Sunday be the day that Elizabeth is found.

OH I would love to know if Elizabeth's purse or billfold had money in ti, the payment for the 'supposed' babysitting.
Can money(bills) be dusted for fingerprints I wonder??

This is my favorite picture of Beth.

ennen3sized.jpg

This is my favorite picture of Beth.

ennen3sized.jpg

Such a pretty girl, I pray they find her today.

I need to get to bed, have church in the morning, where I will have my thoughts and prayers focused on Elizabeth and family.

http://lubbockonline.com/local-news/2011-01-23/man-charged-kidnapping-teen

"Stevens said police were initially sympathetic with the family’s concern that Elizabeth's disappearance was more than a case of a runaway teenager, but did not have evidence to suggest she was kidnapped.

It wasn’t until police found evidence leading investigators to believe Elizabeth was kidnapped by Salinas that police labeled her as a kidnapping victim.

Stevens would not release details about the evidence or where it was gathered.

He did say Salinas is a relative of Elizabeth's boyfriend and was a resident of the Carriage House in the 900 block of East Slaton Road.

Moss said Salinas also is a close friend of Elizabeth's mother, Virginia Ennen."

Evidence to suggest foul play: a quick check would have revealed the dodgy past of those involved and the aggravated assault charges, theft charges
You would think they could have least questioned the fishy purse story from day 1 and just looked into these guys

I guess him being a close friend of the mother is maybe a factor in the initial lack of suspicion too...

http://lubbockonline.com/local-news/2011-01-23/man-charged-kidnapping-teen

"

Evidence to suggest foul play: a quick check would have revealed the dodgy past of those involved and the aggravated assault charges, theft charges
You would think they could have least questioned the fishy purse story from day 1 and just looked into these guys

I know, right. The purse story sucked.

We didn't have time to wait and watch your teen make it safely into the front door at 2am, but we did manage to drive back and wake ya'll up when we noticed she left her purse in the car. Right.

http://www.myfoxlubbock.com/mostpop...ce-runaway-arrest/0E5iWc6Bxk6N2xkLS39YiQ.cspx

still can't get over this statement:

""If there's no lead to follow right then, it doesn't really matter what you call it. If there's no where to look, we don't know where to start looking. Where would you send a search party if you called them out right then? Does that make sense? And so, it's really too early to tell right now, what difference it would have made had it been categorized as missing endangered right then. It could have made a great difference, could have made no difference at all, we just don't know right now," LPD Captain Greg Stevens said."

""If there's no lead to follow right then, it doesn't really matter what you call it. If there's no where to look, we don't know where to start looking. Where would you send a search party if you called them out right then? Does that make sense? And so, it's really too early to tell right now, what difference it would have made had it been categorized as missing endangered right then. It could have made a great difference, could have made no difference at all, we just don't know right now," LPD Captain Greg Stevens said."

Wow! I feel for the residents of this town with this attitude.

http://www.myfoxlubbock.com/mostpop...ce-runaway-arrest/0E5iWc6Bxk6N2xkLS39YiQ.cspx

still can't get over this statement:

That guy needs some major training and education in missing children. I thought everybody knew that the first 24 hours are the most critical, how critical time is.

That's a shocking statement.

Yes, and Wouldn't LE procedure be to automatically ask questions to the last people who saw the missing teen even if they assume it's a runaway?

Who says they didn't ask questions right away? Of course they did, but that doesn't guarantee that the person will tell the truth!! Sometimes it takes going back and asking questions 100 times before they get the right answer.
Or in some cases, they never do.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove
Back