GUILTY TX - Elizabeth Ennen, 15, Lubbock, 5 January 2011

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Yes the home is within 1000 ft of I 27....and there are north & southbound frontage rds. at the 42nd overpass...with access to the interstate close by.

The Avenues run in alphabetical order. I 27 is what used to be called Avenue H, so about 5 blocks away from her home on Ave. L. There's not any information that I can find, such as problems with the older boyfriend, if she was in any certain school, etc. If Carriage House is where I think it is, it's way too far to walk. Someone said about 6 miles.

I hope this girl is found, but it really sounds bad. I've been through that part of Lubbock many times. I-27 goes north, straight to Amarillo.

Do we know if both the man and the woman were in the car that dropped Elizabeth at her house?

I too wondered if the motel was close enough that she would start walking back towards it to retrieve her purse...but at 1:30AM, does not seem that likely. Still, what happens between driveway and front door? Unless she also did not have a key to get into the house...but then you ring the bell and wake the parents, right?

Something just does not sound right about the drop off to me.

I am just shocked. Why on earth would the police fail to immediately get a statement from the person who says they dropped her off then follow up with others to confirm? It's like they did not even try to find out what happened!

Where I live, our PD sends certain officers to Missing Persons seminars and provides time during the regular work week so they can teach what they learned to other officers. They do this because we rarely have missing children who are abducted by a stranger or murdered and concealed, so the only way to be prepared is to have regular training.

Without personal experience or ongoing training, a PD can't be prepared to be on top of things when quick response is what makes or breaks a case or possibly makes the difference between life and death, IMO!

Even KCBD in Lubbock has Hailey Dunn on the front page of the wesbite and nothing about Elizabeth.

It is a shame that it takes parents and community members throwing a wall-eyed fit to get some help to find their child. This is depressing. If my kid ever goes missing I'm going to just throw a fit from the beginning. Squeaky wheel, right?

more info in this article
http://www.examiner.com/missing-per...olice-say-they-re-investigating#ixzz1BlhZbUGx

Read it!

snipped-
"Elizabeth went missing Jan. 5 after babysitting for her older boyfriend's family, Luddock Police Lieutenant Roger Cox told Examiner.com Friday morning."

OLDER boyfriend???? HOW much older? 16, 18, 20, 30??????

Why didn't HE babysit for his own family???

( I can't find the article right this sec, but her mother did supposedly speak to her around 8 that evening.

There is something hinky stinky about this case IMO.

Um, so I'm assuming he hasn't been questioned? We have no proof of the 1:30am drop off in the first place...
And was she declared missing at 2am or so then if I read the article correctly...

One of the articles indicated that the older boyfriend is being questioned in this case.

Whole thing sounds very suspect indeed, very strange-every element of it

Oi vey.

So was the boyfriend at the questionable hotel babysitting with her?
How old are the kids she was babysitting?
Who exactly drove her home?

Why do the hinky details always come out so late in the game?

I question whether there was any babysitting going on at all.

Any decent human being would wait until the girl got inside the door before driving off at 1:30 in the morning. I wonder if her cell phone was in the purse?

When my 16 year old babysits she is supposed to call or text me before she leaves to come home so that I'll know when to expect her. That way, if she doesn't show up within a resonable amount of time to drive home, I'll know something is wrong. Hope they get the cell records!

I question whether there was any babysitting going on at all.

Any decent human being would wait until the girl got inside the door before driving off at 1:30 in the morning. I wonder if her cell phone was in the purse?

When my 16 year old babysits she is supposed to call or text me before she leaves to come home so that I'll know when to expect her. That way, if she doesn't show up within a resonable amount of time to drive home, I'll know something is wrong. Hope they get the cell records!

You could be right. Perhaps she told the parents she was going to the motel to babysit. Sounds better than going to a motel to meet up with my older boyfriend.

However, the scenario posted by somebody else that said that she could have arrived at the house and then realized she could not get in...but why not bang on the door? Could she have come home and then turned around and set out on foot to go back and get her purse? The number of RSOs in the immediate area is just gross.
I too make my DD call or text me when she arrives where she set out to go even if it is in broad daylight.

I can't believe that LE aren't putting in more effort to at least verify this as a "runaway" there are red flags all over this situation!

The "older boyfriend" does change things somewhat, if she was with or around him that night. Why so long for this to come out? Is he gone too? Or is he talking to police? Who else was at the motel?

the article linked appears to say they are talking to the boyfriend but didn't imply any suspicion of any sort
http://www.examiner.com/missing-per...olice-say-they-re-investigating#ixzz1BlhZbUGx

"“Detectives have been talking with Elizabeth’s older boyfriend. They will exhaust all means before giving up on the search for Elizabeth,” Lt. Cox said.
Lt. Cox confirmed Elizabeth was babysitting at the Carriage House Motel. He said it's a place that rents rooms for cheap and that people can rent rooms by the week.
Asked why Elizabeth was babysitting there, Lt. Cox said her boyfriend’s family was living at the motel at the time of Elizabeth’s disappearance.
"That's why Elizabeth was babysitting there," Lt. Cox said.
"

Asked why Elizabeth was babysitting there, Lt. Cox said her boyfriend’s family was living there at the motel at the time of Elizabeth’s disappearance.

Continue reading on Examiner.com: Elizabeth Ennen 'Endangered': Police investigating another missing Texas teen - National missing persons | Examiner.com http://www.examiner.com/missing-per...-teen-texas-police-say-they-re-investigating#

Hmm. was.. living there. Have they moved on?

Elizabeth, 15, goes to babysit her 'older' boyfriend's family's children.
Unknown: boyfriend's age, age of children, reason why she babysat.

Elizabeth, 15, said to finish babysitting and being driven home at 1:30am.
Elizabeth is let off at the front door/curb.
Unknown: who drove her home? bf or bf's parents?

Those who drove her home notice her purse still in the car.
They drive back to the house and contact the people inside.
Unknown: when did they notice the purse in the car? Right away? or
the next morning?

From motel to Elizabeth's home is about 7 miles.
At 1:30am, probably a ten minute ride.
So, if they noticed the purse in the car, then
10 minutes back.
Unknown: When did they go back to her house?

Elizabeth is 15. She is out in 20 degree weather at 1:30am, no coat.
If she doesn't have her keys, as other posters have said, she would have rang the doorbell.

What could have happened?
1. Elizabeth chose to stay with bf's family.
They lied to cover this up.
2. Elizabeth was abducted from in front of her house at 1:30am, before she could reach the front door.
Possible.
3. Elizabeth ran into harm at the motel.
From others, perhaps a party or perhaps from bf or ?

I hope LE is interviewing everyone at that motel. I hope they have security cameras, although from the TripAdvisor reviews, I doubt it.
But, there is 7 miles of possible security camera footage to look at, motel to her home.

She has been missing since Jan. 5, 2 1/2 weeks now.
Praying for her and her family.

all JMO.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove