Found Deceased TX - Emily Wade, 38, Ennis, Ellis County, 5 Jan 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
This one? It doesn't mention a dinner so I don't know if they're the same event or not. It's very thoughtful of her family to do this considering what they're going through right now. Bless their hearts.
MOO

What was verbally reported was a thank you food- centric type of event specifically for the LE and volunteers who searched for Emily.. Not a prayer memorial, but they could have misinterpreted what's actually planned, or the plans could have changed at some point, IDK which.
Thank you for adding your fabulous information! You are a treasure. :)

In the attached photos from Google Earth - you can see there ARE two roads that could get you to the Chambers Creek Bridge Crossing.
In the photos - Slama Rd which is where I was told the coworker lived - leads to CR NW 0150 - and there is a bridge and a small creek that would have to be crossed to get you back to Ensign Rd.
The road looks dirt and there is standing water by this CR NW 0150 - it seems “impossible” that she took that route but if she did I think she would have had to turn around - due to muddy roads and water - which may have made her more anxious and in a hurry to get home, in other words - maybe more careless and desperate if Mom was expecting her back at a certain time?
The other route - 1183 - would lead back to Ensign Road and if she took a left rather than a right - she would have ended up at the Bridge. Ensign Road is much higher elevation it appears until you reach that bridge and it looks very steep - downhill - to cross it.

Nice work! I love maps. I have looked carefully at map and satellite images to figure out possible routes. I personally concluded that there was only the one passable route of the two you note, taking wrong left turns to get to Ensign Road and the bridge.

I had looked closely at your second "dirt road" route to see if there was another way to access the body location, 600 yard downstream of the bridge. I can't see any way the location could be accessible as it would be cutting through farm land, standing water, and probably wouldn't be passable. At the very least, there would be severe tire track evidence IMO.

I have attached an image of the body location with respect to the bridge (I posted earlier).

I think that unfortunately, Emily went in the water at the bridge.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-01-22 at 9.32.17 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-01-22 at 9.32.17 PM.png
    976.4 KB · Views: 48
Thank you! I’ve been looking for this information... some said it was raining, others said No Rain ... and even though I know it can be raining on one side of town and not the other, I thought it was dry that evening and the day before.
I did check for the week of Jan 23 and the week of Jan 30 ... it said there was approximately 2 inches each week leading up to Jan 5.
Jan 2 and 3 had precipitation. It’s my understanding that the WATER RISE occurs much more dramatically AFTER the rainfall? Not necessarily during the rainfall. Either way, the photos I’ve seen show how high the water is NOW but I wish we had photos of that day/night specifically.

This creek level would be hard to predict based only on rainfall, as it is downstream of the dam at Lake Bardwell (reservoir). Bill Carson pointed out that the lake levels were high around the first week of January and the water discharge out of the reservoir was very high. My guess is the water was as high as it is now. Need to find the car, but that is probably very difficult at these water levels.

ETA- reference post #728 (Bill Carson)

With all due respect, and thanks for the bonus points for Websleuthers, the man NG interviewed, who made all those controversial statements, was the head of Cajun Search group, who had been in town for a week+ leading the search for Emily. He also was well connected and supported by family and community while in town. Hard to throw him under the bus for giving bad info. JMO
I wasn’t talking about Toney Wade! He was awesome and very well informed - I have the utmost respect for all the Cajun Rescue teams, I worked with them during Houston flood.
It’s her assistants that she has every week on there that were saying WRONG - Incorrect - information that I was referring to!

This creek level would be hard to predict based only on rainfall, as it is downstream of the dam at Lake Bardwell (reservoir). Bill Carson pointed out that the lake levels were high around the first week of January and the water discharge out of the reservoir was very high. My guess is the water was as high as it is now. Need to find the car, but that is probably very difficult at these water levels.

ETA- reference post #728 (Bill Carson)

Our news says they are indeed waiting for the water level to recede to resume recovery efforts of the car. I can see why after looking at current photos, IMO.

What was verbally reported was a thank you food- centric type of event specifically for the LE and volunteers who searched for Emily.. Not a prayer memorial, but they could have misinterpreted what's actually planned, or the plans could have changed at some point, IDK which.
Thank you for adding your fabulous information! You are a treasure. :)
Aw, I see. And, thank you for your kind words! :)

I just noticed this from the quoted article:
"This morning, April said the coroner's office ruled wades death an accidentally drowning."

I wasn't aware results had came back yet. Did I miss it? Or is this an error in reporting?
No offense intended but she may have just “saw” the ruling the same way that she “saw” that EW was in the water. ;) I don’t even know how long it takes to get results - but I really don’t see how anything can be official until car is found. She could have been drowned in a swimming pool or hot tub and thrown in the creek - I don’t think that, but I’m just saying...
Now I’m beginning to sound like “fake news” drama reporters aren’t I! :eek:

I wasn’t talking about Toney Wade! He was awesome and very well informed - I have the utmost respect for all the Cajun Rescue teams, I worked with them during Houston flood.
It’s her assistants that she has every week on there that were saying WRONG - Incorrect - information that I was referring to!
Well then maybe find a better person show listen to, in your opinion, than Nancy Grace?

Is Nancy Grace's show the only one with wrong facts, disagreements to what happened, strong opinions right or wrong? I think not. That is her show, her life's work. We can either respect her and watch her, even if with disagree with her sometimes, or don't listen to her at all. It's simple. I don't always agree with her opinions, some days I wish she would cool it just a tad about her twins, the BOMBSHELL line is old and can drive me crazy sometimes, I admit it- but there is no other missing persons reporter out there that gets their names and faces on the screen than Nancy, and she truly cares about the victims, regardless of whether or not some of the facts she presents are accurate. Every dar gone news station gets facts wrong, and then there's fake news..........at least she does something wonderful on a daily basis for victims.

Well then maybe find a better person show listen to, in your opinion, than Nancy Grace?
It wasn’t NG making wrong or inaccurate statements. It was her assistants on the show, I believe I said this...
I actually love listening to her - I love her passion and dedication. ALL podcasters and news reporters have the potential for relating wrong information - especially if pushed by time limits. Their main goal and the reason they deserve praise (rather than my criticism :() is because they are doing what they love and helping people in the process.
It is our responsibility to check facts - no one is perfect - we all make mistakes.
Emily’s case is in Texas - closer to home and I was following it closely - so I realized that there were errors - so really my comments were a reminder to myself to research and not accept anyone’s words as facts.
I apologize for offending anyone ... I really didn’t mean to ... NG is a strong, secure and tough woman so I didn’t think my opinion would hurt her. People either love her or hate her.
I love the twin stories ... but if I have to hear the word “onesie” one more time :eek: I will just fast forward and skip to the good stuff. :)

I just noticed this from the quoted article:
"This morning, April said the coroner's office ruled wades death an accidentally drowning."

I wasn't aware results had came back yet. Did I miss it? Or is this an error in reporting?
It's been reported that her death was ruled an accident but I think this is the only article so far that mentions drowning.
Although I believe that is likely how she died, I am waiting to hear it directly from LE or the coroner's office. Article that says Emily's death was ruled an accident:

Body Of Missing Ennis Mother Found In Creek Bed Positively Identified
Ellis County Justice of the Peace in Precinct 1, Chris Macon, confirmed Wednesday, the body of missing Ennis mother Emily Wade has been positively identified.

Her death was ruled accident as there was no trauma or evidence of foul play.

Video: Dozens attend memorial in Ennis for Emily Wade

Dozen attend vigil for missing Ennis mother found dead
“We wanted to do something just to show everyone that we appreciate them and that they can come out and pay their respects,” said Gracie Smith, Emily’s sister-in-law. “I’ve had people all the way from Rome, Italy, send me stuff saying I feel like I know her. So Emily would be amazed.”

“Too many people take time out of their lives to help somebody that they really didn’t know. Emily brought a community together, I feel like, just like she did back home in Kentucky. It just meant the world to me,” said Chad Wade, Emily’s brother. “We met friends. We have a connection that will have a connection like family will know the rest of our lives.”

After the memorial service, folks gathered at Veteran's Park in Ennis to release lanterns into the sky.

Emily brother said seeing the community come together for someone most of them didn’t even know gives him some peace.

Emily's body is going to be flown back home to Kentucky on Friday. Her mother will accompany her on that flight.

Family Of North Texas Mother Found Deceased In Creek Thanks Community For Search Effort, Support
The Chili’s where Emily Wade waited tables was closed Thursday night so her co-workers could attend a vigil in her honor.

Complete strangers volunteered their time to search for Emily since her January 5 disappearance. Arriving every day with horses, ATVs, food and water.

“And a couple nights, I got really…i about lost it. Got really down, but the community helped to bring me together because I’ve seen their compassion,” said Chad.

‘”How hard it is to pick up a tarp or look under a bag and be like, ‘Are we going to find her?’ I mean that part was just anguish,” said another relative Gracie Smith Wade.

Her family believes she was in the area visiting a friend, got lost and swept away by water.

“Emily was a strong swimmer. I believe that she fought to the very end to save her own life,” said Gracie.

Her family says officials are looking at adding better signage near the creek.

Family Of North Texas Mother Found Deceased In Creek Thanks Community For Search Effort, Support
The Chili’s where Emily Wade waited tables was closed Thursday night so her co-workers could attend a vigil in her honor.

Complete strangers volunteered their time to search for Emily since her January 5 disappearance. Arriving every day with horses, ATVs, food and water.

“And a couple nights, I got really…i about lost it. Got really down, but the community helped to bring me together because I’ve seen their compassion,” said Chad.

‘”How hard it is to pick up a tarp or look under a bag and be like, ‘Are we going to find her?’ I mean that part was just anguish,” said another relative Gracie Smith Wade.

Her family believes she was in the area visiting a friend, got lost and swept away by water.

“Emily was a strong swimmer. I believe that she fought to the very end to save her own life,” said Gracie.

So, she WAS a strong swimmer. Those currents, especially in flood waters, couldn’t be beaten by the best Olympic swimmer. I hate this. It’s such a needless tragic event. I’d have driven into that water, too, as I think you’d be into it before you even knew it was there. That crap excuse for a bridge needs to be ripped out and one built elevated above flooding. All jmo.

So sad it took this to improve signage.
How about a flashing sign above the road, extending from side to side! Jmo

OK I have read numerous reports on conditions that night Emily went missing. Some say it was raining so me say no it was very clear. Some say the bridge was flooded and some say it wasn't. Some say pictures of the bridge flooded are pictures taken at different time. This one surely is confusing.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mandysis
Back