Found Deceased TX - Emily Wade, 38, Ennis, Ellis County, 5 Jan 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
So, she WAS a strong swimmer. Those currents, especially in flood waters, couldn’t be beaten by the best Olympic swimmer. I hate this. It’s such a needless tragic event. I’d have driven into that water, too, as I think you’d be into it before you even knew it was there. That crap excuse for a bridge needs to be ripped out and one built elevated above flooding. All jmo.
In flood waters it's not only the currents that are dangerous. These rushing torrents are also filled with debris that has been picked up along the way and carried downstream. Dangerous, in that they can render someone unconscious and also crush them. Drowning would be the ultimate cause of death, but I'd be interested to see/hear if her body has injuries that could be related to her being carried a ways and banged about.

And..where is the car?

Emily’s story touched me not only because it was here in my home state but because I have a 38 year old daughter. She leaves us with a tragic reminder that we should NEVER drive into water even if its not raining or it doesn’t appear very deep. We’ve all heard other stories about it happening to others but I think that all of us who followed this story felt like we knew Emily and it made it feel more personal. My love and prayers are with her mother, daughter and other family members. :(

In flood waters it's not only the currents that are dangerous. These rushing torrents are also filled with debris that has been picked up along the way and carried downstream. Dangerous, in that they can render someone unconscious and also crush them. Drowning would be the ultimate cause of death, but I'd be interested to see/hear if her body has injuries that could be related to her being carried a ways and banged about.

And..where is the car?

Swimming in a warm lake or heated pool is much different than being unprepared for a leisurely swim. The cold, fear, potential injuries & darkness would make it nearly impossible to swim, imo. Also, the clothing she wore would not be favorable for swimming. Jmo

And..where is the car?
BBM

Still no car, but there is this.

Body Of Missing Ennis Mother Found In Creek Bed Positively Identified
Her death was ruled accident as there was no trauma or evidence of foul play.

And..where is the car?
BBM
Article dated 1/24

Lt. Mike Hopson of the Ennis Police Department said Tuesday that no foul play is suspected and that although the autopsy is pending, they are fairly certain that the body recovered is that of Emily Wade.

He said he believes Wade was unfamiliar with her surroundings and drove into flood water at a low-water crossing. He said that water continues its rapid flow which has prohibited divers from looking for her car.

All of the people recognized in the case were ruled out as suspects of any foul play.
https://www.cynthianademocrat.com/content/texas-police-believe-recovered-body-be-emily-wade

BBM
Article dated 1/24

Lt. Mike Hopson of the Ennis Police Department said Tuesday that no foul play is suspected and that although the autopsy is pending, they are fairly certain that the body recovered is that of Emily Wade.

He said he believes Wade was unfamiliar with her surroundings and drove into flood water at a low-water crossing. He said that water continues its rapid flow which has prohibited divers from looking for her car.

All of the people recognized in the case were ruled out as suspects of any foul play.
https://www.cynthianademocrat.com/content/texas-police-believe-recovered-body-be-emily-wade
Thank you for this update. Unbelievable the water is still flowing so rapidly.

I've long since let go of any suspicions of scenarios other than flooded roadway and car swept away. It appears to me to be a series of unfortunate missteps combined with a fatal environmental event. All very sad.

Last edited:
Still no car. The water should be receding, imo.

My guess is that it is submerged somewhere fairly deep after being swept by the rushing waters. It may be years before it is found, if ever. It is a miracle and a true blessing for the family that Emily was found so that they could have answers about what happened. She could have easily been missing for......ever. May she Rest In Peace and may her family and friends find some level of comfort in the days, weeks, months to come.

My guess is that it is submerged somewhere fairly deep after being swept by the rushing waters. It may be years before it is found, if ever. It is a miracle and a true blessing for the family that Emily was found so that they could have answers about what happened. She could have easily been missing for......ever. May she Rest In Peace and may her family and friends find some level of comfort in the days, weeks, months to come.

How deep is the water, if you know, during non flood times?

Also, just spoke with a friend, she went to Em’s funeral. Evidently, it was SRO, no parking, etc., she said they had a beautiful video montage. So glad she had a wonderful service & her community supported her family.

Also, just spoke with a friend, she went to Em’s funeral. Evidently, it was SRO, no parking, etc., she said they had a beautiful video montage. So glad she had a wonderful service & her community supported her family.

I do not know how deep any of the water in that area is. I just know that flooding changes the depth, can move items along waterways to places far from where they started, and periodic sonar checks for whatever reasons of bodies of water often uncover many vehicles that had been submerged unbeknownst to public officials.

I am grateful the family had the opportunity to lay Emily to rest.

Last I heard it was currently at up to 25ft in some places. If you look at google street view of the bridge you can change to different times. It shows what it looks like when it isn’t flooded. To me, it didn’t even look like a foot of water, some areas were completely dry and had debris lying about.

Nancy Grace talked with Toney Wade for an update on the Emily Wade case today. Final autopsy results have not been released yet. The family told Toney that the coroner said that it was a drowning.

Toney described how Emily's body was found. Her body was on its back in the mud, which he said was a very unusual position in which to find a drowning person's body. He has seen many drowning victims, but has never seen one on its back. Far more typical is that the drowned person is face down.

Captain Toney Wade said the body looked "pristine." Yes, there was mud on her back side because she was laying on her back in the mud, but the top side of her body looked very clean. Her hair was not muddy. Toney Wade said her body didn't look like she had tried to walk through a creek or crawled through mud. Dr. Daniel Bober, one of Nancy's analysts, said that drowning people thrash so it could be possible that Emily ended up on her back, although he conceded that position is unusual for a drowning victim.

Some discussion centered around why the car wouldn't have been found near Emily's body in Cummins Creek. The water ranged from 5 to maybe 15-20 feet in the deepest spots of the creek. Nancy surmised the car wouldn't have been that far from Emily's body, even with swift moving water.

There has been a side-scan sonar hit suggesting there might be a car in Lake Bardwell. Not sure if it's Emily's car or not.

Toney Wade has a CCSAR team still in Ennis and they were scheduled to dive into Lake Bardwell on Saturday, Feb. 2, to see if it is Emily's car.
Toney though it likely it is Emily's vehicle.

They discussed that it is odd that Emily's car looks to be in Lake Bardwell, which is separated from Cummins Creek, where Emily was found, by a dam. How did Emily's car end up in Lake Bardwell and her body end up several miles away in Cummins Creek on the opposite side of the dam? Toney Wade said he thought it was almost physically impossible for Emily's body
to drift several miles from Lake Bardwell, including going over a dam, to where she was found in Cummins Creek .

Maybe it's not Emily's car?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3
Back