Found Deceased TX - Emily Wade, 38, Ennis, Ellis County, 5 Jan 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
SABBM

At no point would I have thought that possible- entirely submerged in the creek bed.

Attached is an image looking downstream from the Ensign Road bridge. No muddy spots here. It is a very straight run downstream to where EW's body was found. Generally, muddy areas within a recessed creek bed are inner sides of a bend or still water pooling areas where sediment settles. There are not many bends in Chambers Creek in this area.

Because it is a straight shot down the creek for the 600 yards to the body, the car could have gone beyond the body- slowly rolling along the creek bed.

Second image from Google Maps, shows the Creek another 800 yards downstream from the body, showing a bend with plenty of downed trees that would likely catch a submerged car. Undated photo so it's not that relevant, other than I don't think there are many places a car could get completely buried in general.

Not questioning the ability of the search team, I'm just mostly frustrated because the car hasn't been found.
Thank you for the images. I too, am frustrated that they haven't located the vehicle. We know that Macon's friend has a kayak equipped with sonar and they grew up in that area, and I'm hoping they'll get back out there soon. Fingers crossed. MOO

Last edited:
I have used low end Fish Finders (sonar) in the past, but the newer high end ones are pretty nice. Attached is a screen shot showing a Fish Finder image from a lake revealing a submerged boat. No doubt that sonar wouldn't work very well in shallow, flowing creek, and it would be hard to work any type of grid. But you could locate deeper pools that would be most likely to hold a car, and maybe some large objects. I think a kayak is a great idea, I wish him luck.

The link below is a great read as well.

Recovering remains: using sonar to locate missing persons

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-02-14 at 6.56.21 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-02-14 at 6.56.21 PM.png
    620.1 KB · Views: 42
I have used low end Fish Finders (sonar) in the past, but the newer high end ones are pretty nice. Attached is a screen shot showing a Fish Finder image from a lake revealing a submerged boat. No doubt that sonar wouldn't work very well in shallow, flowing creek, and it would be hard to work any type of grid. But you could locate deeper pools that would be most likely to hold a car, and maybe some large objects. I think a kayak is a great idea, I wish him luck.

The link below is a great read as well.

Recovering remains: using sonar to locate missing persons
Wow, thanks for the link. Fascinating! :)
MOO

FEB 24, 2019
Dive team unable to spot Wade car | Ennis Daily News
“Our search continues and so does our investigation,” said Lieutenant Mike Hopson, a 25-year veteran of the Ennis Police Department. He heads up the Criminal Investigative Division. “We remain sure we’ll eventually find the missing car.” He said the dive team from the Texas Department of Public Safety came to Chambers Creek on Feb. 6. “They said if there is a car in there, we’ll find it,” Hopson recalled.

At the end of the day the dive team, consisting of five or six members using a sonar equipped (flat-bottom) Jon boat, had found nothing. “Their captain said, “Chambers isn’t like most creeks. The force of water could’ve buried the car in mud. And there are so many turns and deep water pools.”

FEB 24, 2019
Dive team unable to spot Wade car | Ennis Daily News
“Our search continues and so does our investigation,” said Lieutenant Mike Hopson, a 25-year veteran of the Ennis Police Department. He heads up the Criminal Investigative Division. “We remain sure we’ll eventually find the missing car.” He said the dive team from the Texas Department of Public Safety came to Chambers Creek on Feb. 6. “They said if there is a car in there, we’ll find it,” Hopson recalled.

At the end of the day the dive team, consisting of five or six members using a sonar equipped (flat-bottom) Jon boat, had found nothing. “Their captain said, “Chambers isn’t like most creeks. The force of water could’ve buried the car in mud. And there are so many turns and deep water pools.”
Thanks for update. They may never find it.

Just a little blip from Ennis Daily News. Still no car...:(

Our Point of View – Wade Stories, Like Dragons, Hard to Kill | Ennis Daily News
Scores of people are weighing in like mindless critics about the Emily Wade story. Posting opinions, posing a myriad of speculative ideas, pointing blame at the Ennis Police Department, calling her death a murder or that a killer is running loose in the city, all without facts, worsens an ongoing investigation. This newspaper, which will be notified first among all media sources, has been in daily contact with the EPD.

Just a little blip from Ennis Daily News. Still no car...:(

Our Point of View – Wade Stories, Like Dragons, Hard to Kill | Ennis Daily News
Scores of people are weighing in like mindless critics about the Emily Wade story. Posting opinions, posing a myriad of speculative ideas, pointing blame at the Ennis Police Department, calling her death a murder or that a killer is running loose in the city, all without facts, worsens an ongoing investigation. This newspaper, which will be notified first among all media sources, has been in daily contact with the EPD.
It’s amazing isn’t it that they found her but not the car which is so much bigger ... but I suppose the weight of it is why it can’t be found.
What I hate about that article is that it reminds me of people who say “You just need to get over it, move on...” Its good advice to try to move on but sometimes it takes longer - depending on the person - and their relationship with the one they have lost. People aren’t lifeless objects that can be discarded and forgotten so easily.
The story won’t die as easily as Emily did ... until the car is found and all the questions can be put to rest ... any good reporter should know this.

:( From the article:

Preliminary observation from the Dallas County Institute of Forensic Science stated the cause of death was hypothermia, the result of being in cold waters for approximately 30 minutes, prompting her system to shut down. There were also no signs of foul play, though one item did help explain why or how she wound up in the flooded creek.

I think there is more to the article but you have to pay to see it.

If you click the subscribe button at the end of the text, it takes you to a page with a scanned image of the front page of the paper. And it says, where the subscribe/stay informed link is on the online article, that the story is continued on page 3A. You’ve got to pay to read what was on page 3A.

I went to the newspaper’s FB page to see if I could read the whole story from there, but I couldn’t. However, in the comments of the FB post made by the paper to link the story, someone mentions marijuana and that it would not have caused her to get lost to the point that she drove her vehicle into water.

The least expensive cost for subscribing to the Ennis newspaper is $4 for a week-long subscription.

Drugs are bad...mm-k?

From Gardenista's linked article- "Toxicology tests point to contributing factor."
Alcohol can surely increase your chances of ending up in creek. Marijuana not so much. Not sure what the tests revealed exactly, other than referring to some form of drug/alcohol or combination.

With nothing surprising revealed in the autopsy, this goes down as an unlikely and unfortunate accident. Very sad.

Does marijuana use affect driving?

However, a large case-control study conducted by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration found no significant increased crash risk attributable to cannabis after controlling for drivers’ age, gender, race, and presence of alcohol.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne
Back