Found Deceased TX - Emily Wade, 38, Ennis, Ellis County, 5 Jan 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
APR 8, 2019
Report: Cynthiana native found dead in Texas died of hypothermia
[...]

The Ennis News reports Emily Wade, 38, died of hypothermia as a result of being in cold water for 30 minutes in the Texas city on Jan. 21.

[...]

The report stated there were no signs of foul play or drowning. Investigators believe she attempted to make it to safety after he car went into the creek, but she was buried from the waist down in mud at the edge of the creek.

Wade didn't test positive for alcohol, but she did test positive for marijuana in her toxicology test. The amount in her system was enough to indicate she was impaired at the time her vehicle went into the creek.

If anyone is a member of Gray Hughes 2 FB page, someone posted a SS of the full article there. It says there were claw marks in the banks of the river where she tried to pull herself out :(

I would not think claw marks would be evident after so much time. I have a house on a river, there’s always markings on the banks. Birds & wildlife look for food & drink. Dogs roaming around get in for a swim, debris & limbs floating down stream often catch on the bank, breaking loose when the water level changes or the wind is stout. Plus the water constantly hitting the bank causes erosion as does rain & rain run off.
Glad Emily’s family can put this behind them.
Moo

APR 10, 2019
Missing car still uncovered in creek – Deep mud impedes efforts by three dive teams | Ennis Daily News
Authorities continue searching for the missing 2012 silver Nissan Altima, last seen driven by the late Emily Wade on Jan. 5, which remains unfound.

[...]

Reports that the car was located and was seen placed on a trailer were only rumors. Dallas County Medical Examiners autopsy and toxicology results confirmed Wade died after succumbing to the frigid elements of both the flood waters and the 37 degree temperature that evening.

The evidence clearly revealed her cause of death was hypothermia, which was confirmed by the presence of Wischnewski (gastric) lesions in her stomach. That and vertical claw marks in the tall, muddy bank point to her struggling just prior to her system shutting down.

[...]

Wasn't there a reservoir downstream from where she was found? They are usually fairly deep. Too deep to find a vehicle?
How far away could the car have traveled (been carried)?
That's just strange. IMO
Very strange indeed. Lake Bardwell is downstream from Chambers Creek and it is pretty big. I check occasionally to see if the car was ever recovered and find it troubling that it is still missing. For one thing, 'sEmily had lived in Ennis before, the low water crossing was opposite the direction she would have traveled back to her Moms and back past where she worked at Chili'. They never did release the name of the male co-worker she had pizza and watched a movie with at his apartment, which is very close to the creek...it wasn't very late at all. Yes, it was raining and had been raining quite a bit but if you look at the flood stage/historical data of Chambers Creek, it was not at that level..Something else very odd is she was not far from the low water crossing and according to her Mother, was a very good swimmer but probably wouldn't have tried to get out of the car. IMO I am not sure you would be able to get out of the car. In the dark, with no visible warning that you are actually about to drive right into the water, and water apparently so swift that it took your car away but not your body???? I have my own opinions and if you look at the area which you can on google earth, the creek is winding so much so that it's hard to imagine the car would not be jammed against a mud bank or something. He phone was turned off which is something else that is bothersome when you have a young mother who by all accounts is not only punctual and responsible but also seems to have clear communication with her Mother, whose car she is driving and home she is living along with her young daughter. A lot of ???? if you ask me. I just hope and pray if there was foul play, whoever was behind it gets caught one way or another.

If the ACOE were releasing water, it was in to the Waxahachie, that intersects Chambers just before the suspected CR1250 bridge.

There is a small road, Sandswitch, that runs W off of CR1250, N of Chambers, and has a rail-less bridge crossing Waxahachie about 600 yards before it intersects Chambers.

If she made it 600 yards, why not 1200? Floating, trying to find something to grab, not hard to imagine being swept away, but good enough in the water, reasonably fit, and females are often better cold-water distance swimmers in part to buoyancy and insulation.

Last edited:
Alternately, as was mentioned earlier, turning S instead of N out of friend's, Slama Rd proper ends and fades in to a 2-track, and joins CR0150, that's even less defined. There are a couple of spots that look like one could end up in Oak Branch, that ties in to Chambers about where she was found. Or 1183 to 1186 to 1250, frustrated and behind, 60-80'/second, at night, in the rain, potentially impaired, unfamiliar road, it would be easy to be well in to the current before noticing. Or, threw out the anchor a ways in, car stalled, she gets out, gets swept away. I just can't see the car making it farther downstream than her. If it's closed up, and holds air, they stay buoyant for a while, but after that, I don't see big movement.

A lot of standing water/ponds/puddles, and creeks/cuts/ditches that turn to torrents in rainy season, often unpredictably. The ground isn't all that absorbent, so it becomes an "Old fashioned Texas t@#d floater" that takes a bit to swell the bigger drains, since the elevation drops are mild.

Long story short, not finding the car makes me believe the 1250/Chambers bridge wasn't the point of entry.

Very strange indeed. Lake Bardwell is downstream from Chambers Creek and it is pretty big. Yes, it was raining and had been raining quite a bit but if you look at the flood stage/historical data of Chambers Creek, it was not at that level.. In the dark, with no visible warning that you are actually about to drive right into the water, and water apparently so swift that it took your car away but not your body???? I have my own opinions and if you look at the area which you can on google earth, the creek is winding so much so that it's hard to imagine the car would not be jammed against a mud bank or something.

The lake is upstream from Chambers, indirectly connected via Waxahachie.
Water was being released from the dam, so that zig-zag little creek would have been big, wide, and FAST, until merging with the already swollen Chambers.
Cars entering the water will float, or at least travel a ways before sinking completely, even in still water. Lots of times 30 yards to the settling spot.

I tried virtually driving Salma Rd (named after the owners of surrounding land) the "wrong way" from friend's house, but it stops moving well before the end of the road. It appears that some movie scenes were filmed there, B comedy/horror stuff. I'm not sure if there's a link between one's artistic expression and personal nature.

If the ACOE were releasing water, it was in to the Waxahachie, that intersects Chambers just before the suspected CR1250 bridge.

There is a small road, Sandswitch, that runs W off of CR1250, N of Chambers, and has a rail-less bridge crossing Waxahachie about 600 yards before it intersects Chambers.

If she made it 600 yards, why not 1200? Floating, trying to find something to grab, not hard to imagine being swept away, but good enough in the water, reasonably fit, and females are often better cold-water distance swimmers in part to buoyancy and insulation.
I cannot help but think of the poor woman in Arkansas who was swept into a nearby creek while delivering newspapers within an apartment complex. Like many, I watched the news report, and listened to the heartbreaking 911 call....I realize there is a difference as EW is thought to have driven into the Chambers Creek, where this woman was swept up which brings me to my next thought; Why was EW's car washed away to "who knows where" and this ladies vehicle, didn't go far at all before caught up in trees? Most of the time as most of us know, if you are submerged, there is absolutely zero chance of getting car door open against water pressure, and electric windows etc. don't work anymore either. Unless you are driving with your windows down, in freezing rainy weather, what are the odds of getting out of your car, your body which is so much smaller than a vehicle, only drifting 600 yrds before being entangled and stopped, but in this very curvy winding creek, your vehicle continues on to Lake Bardwell possibly? I know strange things can happen but since the beginning there have been many things that bothered and continue to bother me to this day. One more thing that doesn't sit right with me is the possibility of the creek actually running the other direction than thought. There's much more, and too much to go into In this post lol but just some food for thought

Alternately, as was mentioned earlier, turning S instead of N out of friend's, Slama Rd proper ends and fades in to a 2-track, and joins CR0150, that's even less defined. There are a couple of spots that look like one could end up in Oak Branch, that ties in to Chambers about where she was found. Or 1183 to 1186 to 1250, frustrated and behind, 60-80'/second, at night, in the rain, potentially impaired, unfamiliar road, it would be easy to be well in to the current before noticing. Or, threw out the anchor a ways in, car stalled, she gets out, gets swept away. I just can't see the car making it farther downstream than her. If it's closed up, and holds air, they stay buoyant for a while, but after that, I don't see big movement.

A lot of standing water/ponds/puddles, and creeks/cuts/ditches that turn to torrents in rainy season, often unpredictably. The ground isn't all that absorbent, so it becomes an "Old fashioned Texas t@#d floater" that takes a bit to swell the bigger drains, since the elevation drops are mild.

Long story short, not finding the car makes me believe the 1250/Chambers bridge wasn't the point of entry.
If this was not her point of entry then everything theoretically is even more questionable. This was thought to be the way she decided to drive home that evening, even though it was the opposite direction, and EW had lived in this area before...I lived in this area and still have family very close and i'll tell you the residents know what to and not to avoid be it in town or county road. Just doesn't make any sense at all to me

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne
Back