Still Missing TX - Erika Gaytan, 29, concert at El Paso County Coliseum, 13 July 2019 *Guilty*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
You must be new here. (Welcome!) Things like this are always discussed. ALL possibilities are thrown out and looked into. Hence the “sleuth” part of Websleuths. No one is discounting the fact that she is missing and that foul play is very likely involved.
i was JUST SAYING

But is there any evidence of her choosing to disappear? Money missing? passport taken? Etc? I haven't heard that there is. So until LE determines she's safe but on the lam, it should be treated as an involuntary missing.

But is there any evidence of her choosing to disappear? Money missing? passport taken? Etc? I haven't heard that there is. So until LE determines she's safe but on the lam, it should be treated as an involuntary missing.

I'm pretty sure that's how it's being treated... Maybe you have the wrong idea here. Just because we explore all avenues doesn't mean we are discounting that she very well may be involuntary missing.

Missing Texas mom faced 67 criminal charges when she disappeared

Gaytan was scheduled to be in court [Friday, August 2] on a criminal mischief charge dating to 2017, when she was accused of scratching another woman's vehicle with an unknown object and doing at least $2,500 worth of damage.

She pleaded not guilty in October 2017. A warrant for her arrest was issued on July 24, just 12 days after she went missing.

It turns out Gaytan also faces an 66 separate charges of credit card abuse and even made El Paso's "Most Wanted" list.

I think it's important to note the following from the Oxygen Crime Time article...
RBBM
The allegations against her once earned her a spot on El Paso’s “Most Wanted” list in 2017, police confirmed to KVIA.

Gaytan had been scheduled to go to trial for the criminal mischief charge on Aug. 9, and is slated for trial in her credit card abuse charges in November.

The allegations against her once earned her a spot on El Paso’s “Most Wanted” list in 2017, police confirmed to KVIA.

Gaytan had been scheduled to go to trial for the criminal mischief charge on Aug. 9, and is slated for trial in her credit card abuse charges in November.

Despite the charges against her, authorities don’t believe the criminal charges are related to her disappearance.

Yikes this does not sound good. I am trying to run through scenarios and none of them seem positive.

1) She never left the date's house and something foul happened at his place. The text was really sent by him.
2) She left and did walk home, only for something bad to happen to her en route.
3) She got into a car she thought was a ride share but was not.
4) She was hit on accident and the driver panicked?

I can't think of any positive outcome to come out of the last known place she was. Nothing about this makes me think she would take off on her own having her little boy at home; plus she wouldn't have had any resources with her to do so. All MOO
All 4 are good (actually bad) possibilities for any attractive woman out on the sidewalk or on the street with other folks walking out of a concert or show. And I agree that after these few days, I cannot come up with any good reason for her absences, but I still hope for one.

So she supposedly sent text to ex asking for pic of son? Was she suicidal? Could be why she asked for last pic of son. Police say no foul play suspected. ? They must have a lot of info they are not releasing. If they thought they were looking for suspect. They would put info out there.

All speculation on my part.
bbm
Yeah -- what up with that? No foul play suspected? I agree, they must be sitting on something that has them putting her on a "no rush to investigate" -type list. But what? And does her family know about this? That would be cruel, IMO, for LE to not discuss with the family.
That is, if LE is really not getting on this, or if the family hasn't a clue.
Just odd.

ElPaso media doesn’t seem to care. If they request press conference the police would share something about her disappearance. Don’t yall find it odd the police don’t NEED or WANT the public’s help?!
Yes, it's odd. But I'll give LE benefit of the doubt for a day or so. Surely her friends and family -- unless they know what we don't know -- are looking and making calls, visiting folks, going to some of her known places she frequents, etc., and staying in contact with LE.
I don't like this at all. Makes me nervous.

Detectives follow several leads in case of missing El Paso woman last seen at concert

This article mentions some criminal trials that were coming up. I don't know if they have anything to do with this missing persons case, but a search through the El Paso County records brought up some upcoming felony trials.
Was she to be a witness in any of this stuff?? If so, all the more reason for LE to be looking for her -- and maybe they are looking for her but just don't want certain people to know that. My imagination and hinky meters have a lot of movement right now. Hoping for a good and positive ending on this soon.

Detectives follow several leads in case of missing El Paso woman last seen at concert

This article mentions some criminal trials that were coming up. I don't know if they have anything to do with this missing persons case, but a search through the El Paso County records brought up some upcoming felony trials.
Was she going to testify in any of these trials? That certainly could be a reason for a quick disappearance as well as bad news for her family -- unless LE has put her in protective custody, perhaps asking the family to act as if she is still missing. WAG. (wild azz guess)

So after more than a month, we still do not know if there truly was an Uber, where it took her, etc. nor do we have any further information/they have released no further information.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sazy3
Back