GUILTY TX - Ethan Couch 'Affluenza Teen' DUI driver who killed four gets probation, 2013 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe the two are being deported from Mexico and not extradited to the US. They are being held in an immigration facility, not jail. You can get deported from any country for not a whole lot of reason. AFAIK, this is not something a lawyer can fight: it's a country's prerogative to expel undesirables.

Further upthread there is an article about extradition vs. deportation in Mexico (as in most countries). Extradition is managed via treaty; deportation is the prerogative of the deporting country.

Now, if only Mexico would deport this pair to North Korea....

Thank you for this ^^^^.

Now, when a country boots you out, do they choose to where you are sent? I am not understanding how they get to stay there at all...... Very confusing.

Does anyone here speak Spanish? I am curious what this woman is saying about Ethan. She was feeding/providing food to Ethan in Mexico while he was there.

It's a video on this news anchors twitter if you scroll down a little bit. I'm not sure how to add the video here.
https://twitter.com/cbs11ken

She says he came with his mom to eat twice, he seemed normal.

Thank you for this ^^^^.

Now, when a country boots you out, do they choose to where you are sent? I am not understanding how they get to stay there at all...... Very confusing.

I think they send you back to your country of origin? Or they just send you to go eff yourself?????? :p

I hate those two more each day. They couldn't care less about all the lives they ruined. All they care about is themselves.

Perhaps they're hoping to somehow delay coming back until SuperBrat turns 19 and doesn't have to spend any time in an American jail. They may have it better in the detention center. That way psycho mommy can still be with her beloved little monster. That relationship just turns my stomach. There's something seriously wrong with it.

Newsflash....................WFAA ch8 noon news just reported that Tonya Couch will be sent back to Texas today. Hope that's true.

Does a 3rd class felony conviction get jail time or prison time in Texas? Mama Twerp (=Twit Perp) might not have considered the prison option..... Can you imagine her in a general population of women who are a) broken about how their chronic poverty has impacted their relationships with their kids, and/or b) are predatory? Plus, there are going to be dozens of "interfering with apprehension" cases in a setting like that. Mama Twerp + orange jumpsuit = "you are just an average convict, nothing special". Mama Twerp is gonna hate being average.

We can only hope that it is prison time. Big house for big momma.

Newsflash....................WFAA ch8 noon news just reported that Tonya Couch will be sent back to Texas today. Hope that's true.

That is the poetry I've been looking for in today's developments.

From the WFAA website:

http://www.wfaa.com/story/news/loca...an-tonya-couch-fighting-extradition/78070682/

TARRANT COUNTY -- "Affluenza" fugitive Ethan Couch has won a temporary three-day stay against deportation, the Associated Press reports.

Ethan and his mother Tonya filed paperwork Wednesday to try and fight extradition back to the United States.
According to ABC News, Couch's lawyers have been notified. The stay of deportation will go to a judge next. If he or she decides to ratify the injunction, Couch may be allowed to stay in Mexico for weeks or even months. There isn't any indication yet that Tonya Couch won't be returning to Texas.

The cybersilence of journos scrambling to confirm WFAA's on air report is deafening.

Perhaps they're hoping to somehow delay coming back until SuperBrat turns 19 and doesn't have to spend any time in an American jail. They may have it better in the detention center. That way psycho mommy can still be with her beloved little monster. That relationship just turns my stomach. There's something seriously wrong with it.

He he he SuperBrat :laughcry:

The cybersilence of journos scrambling to confirm WFAA's on air report is deafening.

According to their website WFAA seems to be back peddling a bit from their on air statement. Who knows what's going to happen next in this crazy case.

I feel so sorry for those poor families having to put up with this circus. It must be pure torture for them.

From the WFAA website:

http://www.wfaa.com/story/news/loca...an-tonya-couch-fighting-extradition/78070682/

TARRANT COUNTY -- "Affluenza" fugitive Ethan Couch has won a temporary three-day stay against deportation, the Associated Press reports.

Ethan and his mother Tonya filed paperwork Wednesday to try and fight extradition back to the United States.
According to ABC News, Couch's lawyers have been notified. The stay of deportation will go to a judge next. If he or she decides to ratify the injunction, Couch may be allowed to stay in Mexico for weeks or even months. There isn't any indication yet that Tonya Couch won't be returning to Texas.

I have to wonder if money of some kind helped allow the 3 day stay. If this boy ends up staying in Mexico and avoids extradition then we can all but guarantee money will be involved.

I hope they don't get preferential treatment of any kind.

I really hope the 3 day stay is only for wee Ethan. I think if the dastardly duo are separated, this ball will start rolling at a faster clip.

I feel so sorry for those poor families having to put up with this circus. It must be pure torture for them.

THIS is exactly why this case is starting to really make me angry at the moment. All of this dragging things along is so painful for the victims.

THEY are the ones who should be able to go on with life, even though life for them has forever been changed by this spoiled piece of work.

It made me angry in the first place that Ethan was allowed to pretty much live on as usual with a slap on the wrist. And now that he keeps pulling stunt after stunt with seemingly no conscience, there's likely only going to be another slap on the wrist.

Instead of manning up and facing the consequences for what he did, he's dragging things along again... and let me tell you this will indeed feel like torture for the poor families he ripped apart.

I have no respect at all (and that's putting it VERY mildly) for criminals who think they are above the law and better than others and shouldn't face the consequences of their own actions.

Oh, one day they'll face the consequences... however it would be so amazing to see it happening here and now.

So annoying when I try to edit and delete instead.

I caught the brief briefing from the US Marshal's Service in Houston.

Tonya Couch has apparently also been granted a hearing on her Writ of Amparo. She will not be returning to the US today according to the briefing.

They have both retained counsel in Mexico.

Thank you for this ^^^^.

AFAIK they deport you to your country of origin. No doubt that's up to interpretation. North Korea springs to mind as a country that would be especially welcoming to—and tenacious of—a celebrity pair, pizza connoisseurs, with neo-imperialist credentials. Ya never know why a country might want to keep you around..... Or not: did I say cannon fodder?

Alternative suggestions?

Sorry to hear that! Now that WFAA on air commentator from the noon newscast now has egg all over his face.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper