GUILTY TX - Ethan Couch 'Affluenza Teen' DUI driver who killed four gets probation, 2013 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Have I told you guys how much I love Dee Anderson ? I meant to many pages ago but don't know if I did. I lived in Tarrant Co for 20 yrs. He was an LEO and SPOX for Arlington PD during Amber Hagerman's abduction and murder. I remember him distinctly from the pressers and thinking this man is serious about his job. He was instrumental in bringing the Amber Alert into law. I was so pleased when he became Sheriff for all of Tarrant County. Anyway, just wanted those of you not local to know this is a well beloved and respected man with a history here of going after bad guys and protecting good guys. He's not just tough talk for the camera.
Hi neighbor!! We love our Dee Anderson!!

It does appear it was all planned out. US lawyers saying they aren't representing them in Mexico.

Yeah, I thought that was weird too. Why do they keep emphasizing that they aren't representing them in Mexico? Of course they are not representing them in Mexico. They would have to be licensed in Mexico to do that. But they are not saying that they didn’t find them a lawyer in Mexico who could represent Ethan.

Why Mexico City???????????????

Because they appealed to have the case moved from the local jurisdiction to the federal government. So thats why he was moved to the Mexican Federal District, would be my guess.

Oh I just wonder if his customers may want to go elsewhere and not spend their money on a company that uses the income for the kinds of things the Couch family uses it for. Pure ** speculation**

I doubt it. If they are getting a good deal on metal, why would they look elsewhere? Even if people don’t like the owner, that doesn’t mean they are going to stop doing business with the company.

Per @CBSDFW

He is going to an immigration station there.

Probably where the hearing on his writ will be held.

I'm thinking rapido. I think the Mexican authorities wish to be shed of these folks.

The Mexican government has to respond to the writ within 72 hours. There is nothing to say that they couldn't be ready to respond tomorrow.

I don’t think the authorities really care one way or the other, how long it takes. For them it’s just another case. They will just handle it like any other. They get their pay check either way.

Well it wouldn't surprise me at all if sales were down.

I don’t think the authorities really care one way or the other, how long it takes. For them it’s just another case. They will just handle it like any other. They get their pay check either way.

I think they'll want to look good, and this one's a no brainer. The judge will only need 5 minutes to make a decision... BAM!

Because they appealed to have the case moved from the local jurisdiction to the federal government. So thats why he was moved to the Mexican Federal District, would be my guess.

Deportation is a federal issue and not a local one? He is being kicked out of the country, not the state....

I'm a little surprised at the hatred in this case. This is a stupid teen, drunk, given too much privilege, accidentally drove his truck into a group of 4 innocent people and horrifically, killed them. Another boy who was on his truck is now paralyzed. So sad.

But compare this to Kenneth McDuff, or other purposeful mass murderers. Kenneth McDuff killed untold numbers of women, by torturing them to death. He was on death row but his mother's influence got him RELEASED, at which time he tortured at least four more innocent young women to death.

There wasn't this kind of outrage in his crimes.

I'm honestly asking, why is there this international outrage in this case? When there are so MANY other more horrific criminals, who purposely commit many murders, why are we all so fascinated by hating this one boy who accidentally killed 4 people? Because he was driving drunk, which many teenagers do?

I'm honestly asking. What makes everyone hate this boy so much in Texas?

Because if you have time on your hands, google Kenneth McDuff. Or WORSE, google Dean Coryll. If you want to hate on evil in Texas, hate on that. I'm sorry, I'm just baffled why this upper middle class boy who accidentally (horrifically, it is a true sadness) killed 4 people has engendered such fury.

After everyone has read through Kenneth McDuff and Dean Coryll, I doubt anyone would feel quite the same venom for Ethan Couch.

She will bond out of jail. He probably couldn’t. So he had nothing to lose by staying in Mexico. She had everything to gain, by returning.
They'll have to consider her a flight risk, won't they? And hopefully deny bond... :crossfingers::crossfingers: (both hands crossed)

I think it is exactly what she wanted. They are not stupid. I think this whole thing was planned out, with the help of lawyers in the US and Mexico. She went to Mexico with him, and stayed until Christmas. Then when their vacation was done and she was ready to come back, they used their cell phone to tip off authorities. They get arrested, she comes back, and bails out. He stays in Mexican custody, to avoid legal proceedings in the US. These people know how to play the system.

All maybe in his favor, but not hers. She faces 2 to 10 years in the state pen for her role in this. How is that smart?

“Put yourself in her shoes,” said Fort Worth attorney Stephanie Patten in an exclusive interview with News 8. “What would you do if you're a parent who has a son who is the most hated boy in America? What would you do to protect him?”

Patten says Tonya’s fear of prison for her son likely outweighed the fear of a life on the run. She says Ethan Couch, a small 18-year-old reviled for “affluenza” would be a target in prison.

http://www.wfaa.com/story/news/crime/2015/12/30/attorney-tonya-couch-not-evil-person/78108192/

I understand, but I would (and have) made my child pay the consequences.

jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member