GUILTY TX - Ethan Couch 'Affluenza Teen' DUI driver who killed four gets probation, 2013 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
JuanRodríguez 12News ‏@JuanKBMT12 [video=twitter;682408863824539648]https://twitter.com/JuanKBMT12/status/682408863824539648[/video] Mexican official says that #EthanCouch's mother, Tonya, has been deported back to the United States, On her way to Los Angeles.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
:drumroll: .. :seeya: .. :cool: .. :D .. :skip: .. :cheer: .. :stay: .. :thumb: .. :yes: .. :yesss:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm a little surprised at the hatred in this case. This is a stupid teen, drunk, given too much privilege, accidentally drove his truck into a group of 4 innocent people and horrifically, killed them. Another boy who was on his truck is now paralyzed. So sad.

But compare this to Kenneth McDuff, or other purposeful mass murderers. Kenneth McDuff killed untold numbers of women, by torturing them to death. He was on death row but his mother's influence got him RELEASED, at which time he tortured at least four more innocent young women to death.

There wasn't this kind of outrage in his crimes.

I'm honestly asking, why is there this international outrage in this case? When there are so MANY other more horrific criminals, who purposely commit many murders, why are we all so fascinated by hating this one boy who accidentally killed 4 people? Because he was driving drunk, which many teenagers do?

I'm honestly asking. What makes everyone hate this boy so much in Texas?

Because if you have time on your hands, google Kenneth McDuff. Or WORSE, google Dean Coryll. If you want to hate on evil in Texas, hate on that. I'm sorry, I'm just baffled why this upper middle class boy who accidentally (horrifically, it is a true sadness) killed 4 people has engendered such fury.

After everyone has read through Kenneth McDuff and Dean Coryll, I doubt anyone would feel quite the same venom for Ethan Couch.

I can obviously only speak for myself. I don't hate Ethan. I don't even know him. What makes me angry is that he was given a second chance many others did not get, and he had every opportunity to turn his life around at that point. Instead of doing so, he continued on with seemingly no conscience to the point where he literally flees when he yet again faces the consequences of his actions. This is incredibly hurtful to the families whose loved ones were the victims of Ethan's actions.

Their family members were not just victims of 'an accident'. They were victims of a teenager who knowingly and willingly made the choice to drink and drive and drive way too fast at that. Then, when faced with the fact he killed four people, is seemingly only concerned about himself and how he can continue on with his cushy life. Again, incredibly hurtful to the families of the victims.

There are MANY horrific cases out there. Just because I am posting about my anger here, does not mean I don't care about any of the other cases. Heck, the main case I care about isn't even here on Websleuths. Just MOO but I find it a little bit insulting that you're suggesting we should hate on other evil in Texas instead. Who says we don't? If I am consoling a friend who has cancer, that doesn't mean I'm not also able to care about and console a friend who had a heart attack... (or whichever medical circumstances one wants to compare).

:moo:

I can only speak for myself but I am most angered by the lack of repentance and remorse in this case by Ethan and his mother. Some may argue that remorse isn't necessary, but to me it reveals empathy. That's why I happen to find remorse important. Ethan has never verbalized any apologies and he and his mother have demonstrated numerous sneering or smiling photographs along with actions which represent disdain for the law. One or two pics may have been a photographer's bias, but there are too many pics and vids that demonstrate smiles and sneers and a sense of arrogance which repulsed me. I am all for protecting children, but my children have always been called to task for transgressions. Part of being a parent is teaching right from wrong as painful to us it may be, and as evidenced by the defense, Ethan's mother and father have admitted a dereliction of duty. Repentance is important because if Ethan had grown and learned from his tragic accident, we would all feel that a wrong had been somewhat mitigated. However, breaking probation, then fleeing the country in order to avoid punishment demonstrates no further good or growth and is actually anti-social. He remains a threat IMO. And so is his mother.

All maybe in his favor, but not hers. She faces 2 to 10 years in the state pen for her role in this. How is that smart?

She won't serve a day! JMO. If lawyers could get her son off from 4 vehicular murders, they can surely get her off from this measly charge. Yes, I am being sarcastic!

Nomaan Merchant Verified account ‏@NomaanMerchant [video=twitter;682412407885529088]https://twitter.com/NomaanMerchant/status/682412407885529088[/video] Dallas, TX #EthanCouch went to a gentlemen's club in Mexico. That and more in this @dallasnews interview with a hotel employee: http://bit.ly/1TqRHr0

[h=1]Nomaan MerchantVerified account [/h] [h=2]@NomaanMerchant[/h] @AP reporter in North Texas.

Great, he was out at a bar drinking and with no money. Yes, he is truly learning a lesson, but the wrong one. Thankfully, he wasn't driving a car.

Nomaan Merchant Verified account ‏@NomaanMerchant [video=twitter;682412407885529088]https://twitter.com/NomaanMerchant/status/682412407885529088[/video] Dallas, TX #EthanCouch went to a gentlemen's club in Mexico. That and more in this @dallasnews interview with a hotel employee: http://bit.ly/1TqRHr0

SBM for importance

This kid just keeps throwing mud in the faces of all LE!! "Look what I can do and who I am!" Disgusting beyond belief!

Is he not breaking a probation rule to not be around alcohol - again?

My opinions only!

Does the state of Texas not have a law where parents are held responsible for underage drinking in their homes? If this had happened in my state, the parents would have been at fault!

ITA.....this publicity can't be good for business. I wouldn't give them a dime if I had the choice.

"There is no such thing as bad publicity except your own obituary.” - Brendan Behan

I wonder if the little monster is crapping his pants now that psycho mommy isn't there for him.

All maybe in his favor, but not hers. She faces 2 to 10 years in the state pen for her role in this. How is that smart?

I hate to burst your bubble, but don’t hold your breath waiting for that to happen. These people have already proven that they have enough money to buy off judges. She will get a slap on the wrist, just like her son did.

I hate to burst your bubble, but don’t hold your breath waiting for that to happen. These people have already proven that they have enough money to buy off judges. She will get a slap on the wrist, just like her son did.

On a related note, if found guilty, could they be forced to pay restitution for the extensive manhunt?

That's the gross receipts for the entire steel fabricating company, not his personal salary. He couldn't afford to pay more than 90K to keep his son with a broken neck in rehab.

My understanding is that they are millionaires and they don’t have financial problems. They don’t seem to have any problem paying for the best lawyers that money can buy.

I do hope that great care is taken of the dog that was with them.

Deportation is a federal issue and not a local one? He is being kicked out of the country, not the state....

I don’t really know enough about how the Mexican government is set up, and the translations seem kind of bad, but the articles said that the appeal is to take the decision from a lower level immigration agent's hands to a higher authority. I take that to mean from the local/state government to the federal government.

Anyway they transferred him from Guadalajara to a detention facility in the Federal District.

Does the state of Texas not have a law where parents are held responsible for underage drinking in their homes? If this had happened in my state, the parents would have been at fault!

They probably do. Do millionaires worry about things like that? I doubt it.

I've been reading the Mexican news about it and what I can tell you is this. EC has 72 hours to ratify his petition for amparo (literal translation it refuge, but this does not mean he would be a refugee, ok?) and then a judge has to hear the case. I don't think he has a case for amparo, as that recourse seeks to make sure your individual rights are not violated. Makes little to no sense to ask for amparo.

If I was momma Twerp, I would rather have punkin in a clean US jail. Mexican detention centers are not Club Med.

“Put yourself in her shoes,” said Fort Worth attorney Stephanie Patten in an exclusive interview with News 8. “What would you do if you're a parent who has a son who is the most hated boy in America? What would you do to protect him?”
http://www.wfaa.com/story/news/crime/2015/12/30/attorney-tonya-couch-not-evil-person/78108192/

Easy question. If I was in that position. 1. I wouldn’t let the kid behave like that in the first place, and 2. If he did it anyway, I wouldn’t spend money on a stupid “affluenza” defense for him. I’m not a parent, and I don’t know how good a parent I would be, but I’m pretty confident that I could raise a kid, not to be the most hated boy in America. If you are not sure that you can at least do that well, then you really shouldn’t be a parent. IMHO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper