GUILTY TX - Ethan Couch 'Affluenza Teen' DUI driver who killed four gets probation, 2013 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure the same video will soon be available on nbcdfw.com. Their 5pm news has shown the same video of paralyzed victim, Sergio Moliena. Links generally become available after broadcast news.

I hope to hell this video goes VIRAL. My blood is boiling after watching it. How does anyone in the Couch family possibly sleep at night?

I have to go outside for a moment to catch my breath. My heart is broken after viewing it.

Do you mean the 16 second video of him walking into the courtroom and a reporter asking him in serious dallas twang if he had anythang to saaayyyy?

No. I mean the video of Sergio Molina.

No. I mean the video of Sergio Molina.

I couldn't find that video. I can't imagine it's against TOS, since it was posted on an MSM website if you have a link to post. I will say, Sergio's story is a sad cautionary tale, IMHO. Don't go to a drinking party when you're a teenager and get in the back of a truck with a friend you know to be drunk. His story is SO sad, but it's a lesson to be learned for teenagers. He's not blameless in his fate, as sad as it is. He made choices that caused his condition. Unlike the 4 other victims, who were merely tending to a car by the side of the road. In my opinion, Ethan got REALLY lucky in not being injured, but basically he and Sergio were participating in the same activity. Ethan was driving and by the luck of fates was uninjured, Sergio was drinking and riding in the back of an open pick up illegally, and is now horribly and tragically injured.

I am interested, that the families of the completely innocent victims in this sad story aren't pressing their claims as strongly as Sergios' family, who was a participant in this awful story.

I couldn't find that video. I can't imagine it's against TOS, since it was posted on an MSM website if you have a link to post. I will say, Sergio's story is a sad cautionary tale, IMHO. Don't go to a drinking party when you're a teenager and get in the back of a truck with a friend you know to be drunk. His story is SO sad, but it's a lesson to be learned for teenagers. He's not blameless in his fate, as sad as it is. He made choices that caused his condition. Unlike the 4 other victims, who were merely tending to a car by the side of the road. In my opinion, Ethan got REALLY lucky in not being injured, but basically he and Sergio were participating in the same activity. Ethan was driving and by the luck of fates was uninjured, Sergio was drinking and riding in the back of an open pick up illegally, and is now horribly and tragically injured.

I am interested, that the families of the completely innocent victims in this sad story aren't pressing their claims as strongly as Sergios' family, who was a participant in this awful story.

Go to the link posted and click on OPINION a the top , then BLOG after that . It's an article on EC and the video is at the bottom. It 's rough.

I hope to hell this video goes VIRAL. My blood is boiling after watching it. How does anyone in the Couch family possibly sleep at night?

I have to go outside for a moment to catch my breath. My heart is broken after viewing it.

I have posted this article to facebook. Perhaps if all of us that feel spreading the news is vital were to do the same we could get it to go viral!

The other victims have passed on. Sergio is right there in his family's face reminding them everyday of what happened.

http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Et...n-Driving-Juvenile-Adult-Court-369406421.html

Here is a good article about yesterday's hearing. There is also video of victim, Sergio Molina, for anyone who couldn't find the Dallas News article.

I have watched each video clip this time showing EC. I do not see someone who has changed their thoughts that this is a serious situation he is in. Watching his face, walk, and mannerisms, I see arrogance. Infact at one point walking between his guards as he is on the sidewalk going to the transport vehicle, I swear I see a quick smile smirk, brief but there, and he was not clearing his throat either.

Like with any addiction drugs, alcohol, and other 'diseases', the person has to admit and accept he needs help, stay away from the people enabling him, get counseling and support. I do not see EC admitting he needs help. He is playing the 'nice game' in jail to make it easier on himself for now. He plays the rules to get what he wants, like no more jail time after his birthday. IMO, EC is pulling the wool over LE's eyes, making LE think EC is taking this serious.

With that, in this video, at the very end, the reporter said it will be up to the Judge on EC's birthday, to make the decision if EC stays in jail until Oct. 2016. That was a surprise to me! EC needs to stay in jail. This is probably the first time in his life, in a long time, he has had no drugs or alcohol on a daily basis. His mind is clear of those things.

I thought it was interesting mommy was not there. Not allowed or did EC's attorney's tell her no...because it would not be good for EC's appearance sake or because daddy did not want her there as he is paying for the lawyers, or maybe dad would not pay for mom's lawyers if she came, or combo of all three.

And the young man in the wheelchair...I wish they were in court for the Couch family to see. I do understand that family is first, and I am sorry for their loss (family funeral).

It won't be long before EC is back in jail. I hope he's caught before he kills again and put up for some real time. That's the only thing that might change him..

The other victims have passed on. Sergio is right there in his family's face reminding them everyday of what happened.

The other victims haven't passed on. The victims I'm referring to are the families and dear friends of the 4 deceased. I posted an article several pages upthread, discussing those victims and how they are trying to forgive, and hoping something good comes of all this sadness, and hoping Ethan takes the chances for recovery being offered him. Their grace in this situation is astounding and heartening, to me, and a sign of true grit on their parts as their grieve their devastating losses.

I don't want to seem like I don't ache for Sergio also, but his example is a cautionary one, don't do this teens or you could possibly end up like Sergio.

It won't be long before EC is back in jail. I hope he's caught before he kills again and put up for some real time. That's the only thing that might change him..

With the technology that Tarrant County uses on its DWI offenders, and the vigilance his case will receive, he won't be able to get drunk enough to become so impaired that he wrecks his car. They will no doubt outfit him with an ankle monitor that monitors blood alcohol content continuously, and after about 1/2 a beer will send a signal of where he is, and he's drinking. That will end that.

And he'll know that, is the thing. Adults on probation in Tarrant County with this kind of monitoring very seldom push their luck. Because they won't get away with it.

I have watched each video clip this time showing EC. I do not see someone who has changed their thoughts that this is a serious situation he is in. Watching his face, walk, and mannerisms, I see arrogance. Infact at one point walking between his guards as he is on the sidewalk going to the transport vehicle, I swear I see a quick smile smirk, brief but there, and he was not clearing his throat either.

Like with any addiction drugs, alcohol, and other 'diseases', the person has to admit and accept he needs help, stay away from the people enabling him, get counseling and support. I do not see EC admitting he needs help. He is playing the 'nice game' in jail to make it easier on himself for now. He plays the rules to get what he wants, like no more jail time after his birthday. IMO, EC is pulling the wool over LE's eyes, making LE think EC is taking this serious.

With that, in this video, at the very end, the reporter said it will be up to the Judge on EC's birthday, to make the decision if EC stays in jail until Oct. 2016. That was a surprise to me! EC needs to stay in jail. This is probably the first time in his life, in a long time, he has had no drugs or alcohol on a daily basis. His mind is clear of those things.

I thought it was interesting mommy was not there. Not allowed or did EC's attorney's tell her no...because it would not be good for EC's appearance sake or because daddy did not want her there as he is paying for the lawyers, or maybe dad would not pay for mom's lawyers if she came, or combo of all three.

And the young man in the wheelchair...I wish they were in court for the Couch family to see. I do understand that family is first, and I am sorry for their loss (family funeral).

Strange that you should mention seeing a quick smile smirk. I saw it too or thought I saw it, but then I dismissed it as my imagination. Apparently it was not my imagination.

Yesterday's hearing was only to transfer Ethan's case to adult court. Since the transfer to the adult system was approved, from now on the adult courts will make any decision on what happens next. Ethan is now playing in the major leagues.

From what I've heard LE is keeping mommy on a tight leash; only trips to the doctor, her own court appearances, or visits to her lawyer are allowed. I really think that if she had been allowed to go to the hearing yesterday she would have done Ethan more harm than good.

How is Ethan being allowed to dye his hair in jail? I must say the dark color looks better than his natural color, IMO.

Agreed, EC is just counting his days down to getting released. To him, this is a temporary thing in jail and will pass. Do they give sedatives to people in solitary, well EC since he is a special case and is in there for his protection?

How can a person, kid really just turning 19, sitting alone in a cell, change his way of thinking and believing without counseling? He only knows one way to live, the wrong way, since his irresponsible parents brought him up as a Golden Boy.

The future for EC is almost predictable. Will it be 12 - 18 months before he is back behind bars? Where does he go when he is released? If father takes him in, well there is drinking in his house so that isn't a good environment. Momma can't take care of him. He is 19. legally an adult so can live alone, but that's just asking for another disaster.

His friends are college age, drinking, partying, having fun, all activities EC can't be around. IIRC, he has to work, which was at daddy's company, where he can feel he's the big shot again.

Who or where is the motivation or help to turn EC around? He has to be the one to want it, but if he did, how does he do it?

I am not defending EC in any way! I hate to see any child at 19 lost to the world. Rich or poor it is so sad the way parents ignored them and they turned out to be criminals. I know, there are some cases where parents raise good kids and in their teens, the kids turn bad on their own.

Maybe the blonde was bleach and his natural hair is dark ?

The other victims haven't passed on. The victims I'm referring to are the families and dear friends of the 4 deceased. I posted an article several pages upthread, discussing those victims and how they are trying to forgive, and hoping something good comes of all this sadness, and hoping Ethan takes the chances for recovery being offered him. Their grace in this situation is astounding and heartening, to me, and a sign of true grit on their parts as their grieve their devastating losses.

I don't want to seem like I don't ache for Sergio also, but his example is a cautionary one, don't do this teens or you could possibly end up like Sergio.

Come on, you knew I was referring to the other direct victims who suffered bodily harm due to Ethan and his truck.

Or I suppose teens could look at this and think that maybe if they do do this, they'll end up on probation like Ethan with people like you urging anyone who is outraged to overlook this and forgive because it was just an accident. After all, their intentions were good when they got behind the wheel after mixing alcohol and valium. Oh and there are worse people out there who deserve public condemnation, so why focus on them?

With the technology that Tarrant County uses on its DWI offenders, and the vigilance his case will receive, he won't be able to get drunk enough to become so impaired that he wrecks his car. They will no doubt outfit him with an ankle monitor that monitors blood alcohol content continuously, and after about 1/2 a beer will send a signal of where he is, and he's drinking. That will end that.

And he'll know that, is the thing. Adults on probation in Tarrant County with this kind of monitoring very seldom push their luck. Because they won't get away with it.

bbm

New :bling: for EC. Lovin' dat!!!

Come on, you knew I was referring to the other direct victims who suffered bodily harm due to Ethan and his truck.

I was the one referring to families of victims. Go back through the thread. YOU were the one who misunderstood which victims I was referring to.

Go back to post 1026, where you quote me referencing the families of the victims, and you turn it into the victims. I'm not trying to pick a fight, you've misunderstood and forgotten what I said.

edited to add: there is only ONE surviving victim of physical harm in this story (as I understand it) and innumerable victims of emotional harm. The one surviving victim of physical harm was a young man (Sergio) who frankly didn't think Ethan would be such a bad drunk driver. When Sergio climbed into the open bed of Ethan's truck, who he knew to be drunk and would be driving, be wagered Ethan would be better at driving drunk than he was. He took that chance. He guessed Ethan could drive drunk better than he could.

And it hasn't been published what Blood Alcohol Level Sergio had at the time of the car wreck, but my guess is it was way up there. He was one more drunk in the truck that caused the crash that killed 4 completely innocent people.
The other victims were totally and completely blindsided, and were standing by the side of the road trying to fix a broken car and had no way to foretell or mitigate this horror.

You seem to be more upset with the fact that the victim might have been drinking than with the fact that EC was drinking (and driving). I guess the victim didn't suffer from Affluenza.

You seem to be more upset with the fact that the victim might have been drinking than with the fact that EC was drinking (and driving). I guess the victim didn't suffer from Affluenza.

I am upset with both, and hold them both almost equally liable for Sergio's tragic injuries.

I hold Ethan solely responsible for the deaths of the 4 on the roadside, but I hold Sergio about half responsible for his own injuries.

It has nothing whatsoever to do with wealth, jjenny. It has to do with culpability and willful decisions that caused his injuries. Frankly, I really never get it when families of people who are out drinking together, all drunk and over the legal limit (don't know in Sergio's case, I'm referring to other cases I've heard about) who pile into a car and one of them is driving, and the others are injured or killed although all of them knew for a fact how many drinks approx. the driver had, because they were out drinking together. And then the family members of the passengers sue for damages, because the victims expected better driving out of the drunk driver friend. And I've seen those cases not go well in court, as Sergio's civil case didn't go as well as the family had hoped.

But an aside, I'm not sure what kind of help Sergio's family is getting, in his care. He did get a large court settlement (not as large as they'd hoped, but certainly enough to still have lots left for his current care) and I would think they would have some kind of health insurance. I hope that in their public plea, where they stated several times they need help, that they will be offered medical/financial/respite care they need in Sergio's continuing care.

I thought from all your posts on the subject, your opinion is that EC's drunk driving and killing four people should be considered an youthful indiscretion?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jessicawilliams0