GUILTY TX - Ethan Couch 'Affluenza Teen' DUI driver who killed four gets probation, 2013 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
EXCLUSIVE: 'Ethan Couch is a target.' Jail official says 'affluenza' teen is in solitary confinement for his own safety, gets meals through a 'bean chute' and exercises to Richard Simmons tapes in his cell as he faces more time in jail for fleeing to Mexico

Prisoner number 0879903 is due in court on Friday when a judge decides whether he stays in jail for breaching probation by running off to Mexico

Couch, who got off with 10 years probation after killing four people in a drunk driving crash is in solitary and could be marked for death

'He's surprisingly frail,' Terry Grisham, executive administrator for the Tarrant County, Texas, Sheriff's Department told Daily Mail Online

He gets three meals a day which are pushed through his 'bean chute,' a steel door which is his main contact with the outside world

Salisbury steak is a staple on the menu, said Grisham, 'but it's certainly not gourmet dining'

Father Fred - who has his own legal worries after his girlfriend called police claiming he had choked her - has reportedly visited his son

Mom Tonya Couch cannot visit the son she dotes on as she is under house arrest

He could be sentenced to up to 40 years in jail if he breaches probation again

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...s-time-jail-fleeing-Mexico.html#ixzz40VLVAeKx

This is why they started the law that reguardless of if she wants to file charges they take the abuser. But since she refused the pictures that makes it hard.

That law would likely be unconstitutional. He has a constitutional right to confront his accuser.
I am all for charging him and putting him on trial, but if she refuses to cooperate, it's a no go.

That is really important to do your research before you vote. Was it all of Texas? If so I missed the vote.

Yes, all of Texas. The actual primary election date is March 1st so there will be no results known until that night. Early voting started on 2/16 & will continue through 2/26. Early voting is a real blessing because you don't have to spend hours in long lines on the actual election day.

Does anyone know the time of Ethan's hearing tomorrow? I haven't been able to find out.

Any live streams for the hearing or tweets expected? I doubt it will be streamed because it's at the juvenile court? (Apologies if this has been discussed, I've been extremely busy and haven't been able to keep up much).

I didn't realize that there is a chance Ethan could be released from jail today. For some reason I thought today was only about if his probation gets transferred to adult probation or not. I was reading some articles this morning about it and most experts do not think the judge will agree to release him today but there is still a small chance. The judge can decide to release him today or keep him in jail until his 19th birthday.

So I guess there are 4 possible outcomes that could happen today:

1. He gets released today and does not get transferred to adult probation - in other words basically getting off once again.

2. He gets released today and gets transferred to adult probation.

3. He stays in jail until his 19th birthday but then does not get put on adult probation and is basically a free man from there.

4. He stays in jail until his 19th birthday and then is put on adult probation.

I am hoping for option #4 and I will be thoroughly disgusted if option #1 happens.

A CBS article that briefly touches on adult probation in Tarrant County.

I do know a young man who is on adult probation for dwi in Tarrant County - no accidents or injuries involved - and I would agree that their adult probation is very very watchful. He has to wear an ankle monitor that monitors blood alcohol level (no drinking, sensitive to a very low amount of alcohol < one beer) and has to also blow into a video camera breathalizer twice a day on demand, and random UA screenings at least twice monthly for other drugs. Basically, they are so watchful that the probationer knows he can't violate terms - he WILL get caught. For some people this is a blessing because it removes the hope that you might get away with violating terms of probation. You won't.

http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2016/02/19/affluenza-teen-ethan-couch-to-appear-for-hearing-today/

I don't know, I thought it would be live too - according to their twitters they said watch the PC live on periscope or the news website I copied and pasted from their twitter.....so who knows what is happening.

What does this mean? The Deputies just dropped Ethan Couch off on the curb when they arrived at the juvenile courthouse?

Screenshot 2016-02-19 at 10.22.13 AM.png

"#EthanCouch arrives at juvenile court in custody. Deputies dropped him off at the curb, which was surprising.@CBSDFW "
https://twitter.com/JLindgrenCBS11

and it looks like daddy Couch and Ethan's half brother showed up today for his court date today according to many tweets by news reporters.

As well as more than a dozen family members of Ethan Couch's Victims showed up! :)

"More than a dozen family members of #EthanCouch victims are here. Couch's father, Fred, and half-brother also here."
https://twitter.com/RyanOsborneFWST
https://twitter.com/JLindgrenCBS11

Here's some tweets...

Jennifer Lindgren &#8207;@JLindgrenCBS11
Defense attorney for #EthanCouch will not fight the transfer motion. I'll let you know what happens in court.@CBSDFW Jennifer Lindgren &#8207;@JLindgrenCBS11
.@

MADDOnline: If #EthanCouch does get transferred, we will urge for prison time as a (probation) condition. @CBSDFW

Jennifer Lindgren &#8207;@JLindgrenCBS11
#EthanCouch arrives at juvenile court in custody. Deputies dropped him off at the curb, which was surprising.@CBSDF

Chris Van Horne &#8207;@CVHReportsNBC5
#Ethancouch just entered juvenile court facility, noticeably shaven this time. @NBCDFW

13m13 minutes ago
Brandon Todd &#8207;@BrandonToddFOX4
Affluenza teen #EthanCouch just now moved to holding room before his court appearance. @FOX4

Brandon Todd &#8207;@BrandonToddFOX4
Half brother of#EthanCouch waiting for court hearing. @FOX4

Ryan Osborne &#8207;@RyanOsborneFWST
More than a dozen family members of #EthanCouch victims are here. Couch's father, Fred, and half-brother also here

Monica Hernandez &#8207;@MHernandezWFAA
No cameras allowed in courtroom during #Ethancouch hearing; I'll tweet updates as they come available.

Fred Couch, father of #affluenzateen #ethancouch just walked into court for his son's hearing.

#EthanCouch attorney's arrive for hearing on whether he'll be transferred to adult court. #affluenzateen

No phones or cameras allowed in courtroom. #EthanCouch hearing begins in 15. I'll tweet an update as soon as I can!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bella257