Found Deceased TX - Felicia Marie Johnson, 24, bloody cellphone found, Houston, 15 Apr 2022 *POI charged*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
According to this link/quote

The most forested part of Houston, according to google, is Piney Woods. Piney Woods — Houston Wilderness

I imagine any place or search result from his phone is a place of interest.
Thank you for that link.
Certainly any area within driving distance of Houston that is heavily wooded could be considered after the suspect did a search for “most forested part of Houston”, I just don’t consider the Piney Woods of Tx a “part of Houston”. If Felicia’s phone was found in Bear Creek Park, which IS a part of Houston, my sense is that her remains are near there.

"Some jewelry was on the body that was hers," Kevin Johnson said. "We’re just waiting for the dental records to actually have the 100 percent."

“I just saw a bunch of emergency vehicles, most of them were unmarked," neighbor Katie Francis said. "It’s kinda creepy."
She lives at the edge of the Sam Houston National Forest.

“Sometimes there’s garbage bags were people dump stuff like that out, but it’s probably been 30 to 40 years since we heard of them finding anyone else out there," Francis said.

Houston police charged Chukweubuka Nwobodo, 28, in connection with her death. He is charged with murder and tampering with evidence and is still on the run. Lamar Consolidated ISD confirmed Nwobodo graduated from its district in 2011.

On Feb. 7 at around 12 p.m., deputies responded to the Sam Houston National Forest near Flamingo Lakes and Highway 149 in reference to the discovery of possible human bones. A worker with TxDot made the discovery and called law enforcement.

Montgomery County Homicide/Violent Crimes detectives and crime scene investigators responded to the scene and conducted their investigation. It was determined that the remains were, in fact, human and samples were sent for DNA and dental record analysis, with a positive match for Johnson

Found deceased

The search for her alleged killer continues. Police in Houston, Texas, said in June that they think Chukwuebuka Nwobodo murdered her. Officers are still looking for him, and they claim he made suspicious searches such as “What does bleach do to blood?” “most forested part of Houston,” and “how to kill without getting caught.”

Johnson was last seen at 14935 South Richmond Avenue — the address of Nwobodo’s apartment — on April 16, officers said. She was reported missing that same day from from the InterContinental Houston – Medical Center hotel, they said.

“The report was made after her cell phone, covered in blood, was found off the roadway in Bear Creek Pioneers Park near Highway 6 and Clay Road,” police wrote. “Further investigation revealed Johnson left the hotel in a vehicle in the early morning hours on April 16.”

Houston police believe Nwobodo killed her inside his apartment and then disposed of her cell phone and body.

Nwobodo has since been charged with murder and tampering with evidence. KHOU reported that he has not been located.
Suspect, Chukwuebuka Nwobodo, charged with murder remains at-large following disappearance of missing woman Felicia Johnson

Officers seized his cell phone and found a photo of a dismembered woman and three additional photos of deceased individuals, charging documents stated. ABC13 previously reached out to HPD for clarification on why Nwobodo was released from HPD custody during this arrest.

On Monday, Johnson's father reiterated his call for help.

"If anybody knows anything, come forward please, because that will make the family feel good that you are trying to help to get justice for Felicia," he said.

Officers seized his cell phone and found a photo of a dismembered woman and three additional photos of deceased individuals, charging documents stated. ABC13 previously reached out to HPD for clarification on why Nwobodo was released from HPD custody during this arrest.
<snipped for focus>

BBM - the "found a photo of a dismembered woman and three additional photos of deceased individuals" is certainly scary. I hope they ID those photos. The article makes it sound like he looked this up after to help cover up, but what if they were his victims? Anyone else wondering if he could be a serial killer?

aww man! I knew it was her as soon as I heard it on the news a few weeks ago. RIP Felicia.
I’ve been so busy I’m literally just now getting the chance to catch up. Someone in this thread mentioned the area her body was found in as a possibility based on his web searches.

ETA: I just scrolled up…it’s the first post on this page.

DEC 5, 2023
Chukwuebuka Nwobodo
DOB: 5/29/1994
SPN #: 03146728

On Saturday, April 16, 2022, Chukwuebuka Nwobodo killed Felicia Johnson after picking her up from an apartment in the 3200 block of Windchase Boulevard. Evidence indicates Nwobodo killed Johnson inside his apartment. Johnson was reported missing the evening of April 16. Chukwuebuka is charged with murder and tampering with physical evidence.

If you have any information on his whereabouts, you are urged to call Crime Stoppers at 713-222-TIPS (8477), report online at crime-stoppers.org or use the Crime Stoppers mobile app.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back