Found Deceased TX - Felicia Marie Johnson, 24, bloody cellphone found, Houston, 15 Apr 2022 *POI charged*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
APR 30, 2022
Family, friends gather for a vigil for missing SD woman (10news.com)
[...]

Johnson's father says that he was told by employees of Cover Girls nightclub that Felicia, an aspiring model, and dancer, was turned down for a job before getting into a car with a customer of the club.

[...]

ABC 10 News has spoken to the night club which says that they're cooperating with police and have turned over surveillance video to investigators.

[...]

Friends and family say they'll continue to share on social media that Felicia is missing to keep finding her safely and get home top of mind for many.

After looking at her social, it looks as if she’s a traveling dancer. I’m thi
Very confusing, everyone needs to get on the same page. Maybe law enforcement can brief the family with the most important details. Its a problem if you dont know for sure that she was at the club.

I agree. I think a more defined timeline and clarity on her actually being in Houston and the last time family spoke with her or seen her. Where’s the hotel footage?

After looking at her social, it looks as if she’s a traveling dancer.

I think that is why this story is so confusing for people. I understand why people are not coming out an announcing it, but when you add that fact in it makes the story make a bit of sense. Which if I had to guess a patron could have offered her a ride to another establishment…..

Here’s an article with variations of a few details, IMO.

San Diego Father Searching For Missing Daughter In Houston: 'Somebody Is Holding Her Against Her Will'

She was spotted leaving the establishment at around 1:30 a.m. to wait for an Uber. However, her family believes that Felicia got into a different car.

Shortly after Felicia disappeared, authorities retrieved a bloody cellphone belonging to her. However, no further leads were uncovered.
(I’m assuming by authorities they mean Private Investigators?)

“The phone was like someone threw it out the window, and it had specks of blood that I think came from her finger during the struggle,” Kevin said.

“I don’t know the exact circumstances, but somebody is holding her against her will,” he added.

“We are the national hub of sex trafficking,” Flores said of Houston, adding that they suspect Felicia was a victim of the malicious crime.
Was she applying for employment at 1:00 am?

Just wild speculation, based on no knowledge whatsoever of the industry, but could the club have said something like: “You can dance if someone we have scheduled doesn’t show up?”
Why show up at 1am looking to dance when they would be closing at 2am?
Wouldn’t you show up when they first open?
They would start last call for alcohol around 1:40am since they can’t serve after 2am.
JMO

Felicia Johnson: California woman missing in Houston for 2 weeks | khou.com

To Note:
•According to her family, she was last seen at this particular club
•According to the club, the hostess and manager that were working the night Felicia disappeared are not even sure she was there.

•According to her family, Felicia applied for a job at the club but was turned down.
•According to the club, there is no record she applied for a job, no paperwork.

•According to her family, she was offered a ride from a man at the club.
•Again, the club states they’re unsure she was ever there.

•According to family, surveillance video needs to be handed over from the club.
•According to the club, they have already done so.

•Houston PD has NOT confirmed these reports
(Felicia at club, applying for job, called Uber, caught a ride w/ a man, bloody cell phone found)
•However, Houston PD has confirmed it is an active case.
There really is not paperwork if you are trying to get a shift. They probably check your ID and permit if applicable THEN have waivers and paper if they are going to give you a shift. Dancers are independent contractors not employees.

There really is not paperwork if you are trying to get a shift. They probably check your ID and permit if applicable THEN have waivers and paper if they are going to give you a shift. Dancers are independent contractors not employees.

I’m not knowledgeable when it comes to dancers & their employments, etc.
That specific information I pulled from the article.

According to the club’s lawyer:
"There is paperwork for her to fill out, they sign it, they execute it and they go to work, but that did not happen with Ms. Johnson, she did not fill out any paperwork," Wallace told KHOU 11.

https://www.10news.com/news/local-n...man-inside-nightclub-or-leaving-with-somebody

Her father Kevin says he was told by employees of Cover Girls nightclub that Felicia, was turned down for a job, before getting into a car with a customer of the club.

“I believe the footage from the Cover Girls could possibly provide us with answers to Felicia’s whereabouts,” said Kevin Johnson.

however…

Casey Wallace, attorney for the nightclub, says their surveillance video has been turned over to Houston Police.

The attorney says while he isn't sure what employees told Felicia's father, he's seen the video from the night in question.

“What I can tell you, we do not have any evidence that this woman was either in the club, or that she applied for a job, or that she left with somebody,” said Wallace.

also…

Wallace said the day after they handed over the video, they discovered additional video of a woman being turned down for a job on a different date. The identity of that woman is not known.

“She asked for a job, was respectfully declined, turned around and left. We gave that to the Houston Police Department,” said Wallace.

I’m unfamiliar with how Uber works exactly…
Would there be a record of her requesting an Uber at that time?

Yes. Uber keeps a record of trips. They’re stored in your app, they show the cost, and they show if the trips were cancelled.

What I’m not sure about is whether trips that you book but aren’t ever allocated to a vehicle (sometimes it can take time to find a car and allocate your booking) are still recorded in the same way. That hasn’t happened to me so I can’t check in my app. Presumably Uber themselves would store that info even if it’s not shared on the user app though. Or that would be my assumption anyway.

Edited to add: just occurred to me that each trip shows the route but I don’t know if the route shown is the final route taken or if it stays the same irrespective of where you actually end your trip. As in does it show the route between your pick up and your booked destination, or does it show your actual destination - if that destination is different to the one you initially requested. Maybe another Sleuther will be able to fill in some of these gaps.

Last edited:
I have been so busy at work that I haven’t had much time to chime in..but still checking in on this thread. Still no Felicia

None of this is computing for me.

I just keep asking myself, what 24 year old dancer comes from Cali to Houston to celebrate her birthday and dance at night clubs, alone?
  1. Did she come alone?
  2. How did she get here? Fly or drive?
  3. If she flew, how did she get around? Rental? Family? Uber? Metro Bus? Family? Why have no drivers, employees, etc. came forward with the usual, “oh yeah, she looks familiar, I think I picked her up at xwz?”
  4. If she came with someone why is that not mentioned?
  5. If she came to visit family why haven’t they came forward?
  6. If she was really staying in a hotel, why haven’t any employees of said hotel came forward with her last seen description or details of her stay, which would’ve just been just 2 night stay, if we are to believe that she got here the 15th?
I would assume she is an experienced dancer, if she came from Cali to Houston specifically for that purpose. This would also typically mean she some “street acumen” and familiar with the inherent dangers of those same streets. Knowing this…
  1. Why would she travel to an unknown strip club alone, in a city in which she didn’t live, to work / dance?
  2. Why would she get into a vehicle with an unknown man, as is alleged?
  3. Why hasn’t the “late Uber driver” came forward?
There are too many inconsistencies in the sequence of events with lack of confirmation from LE.

Family and Quannel first alleging that it took LE 5 days to get involved and club was not cooperating, later refuted by club attorney with actual dates and facts. I think LE not only allowed that interview but possibly requested it, to shake things up a bit.

Anyone familiar with Quannel X knows that he would continued to be front and center of any public appearances on this case. And I’m not knocking him because I believe he catapulted this into the media, which can only be a good thing.
  1. Why has he seemingly started distancing himself from this case?
  2. Why has blood covered phone discovery - located by family hired PI; turned into a quick discovery, made possible because she was sharing her location with some unknown family member - found with specks of blood?
So, why was she really in Houston or was she?

Did she meet someone here?

Was she here for sex work?

Was she here transporting something for someone?

This is ALL just my opinion, based on the info provided - and not provided - this far.

This is false in this day and age. Clubs make a ton of $ off of funny money purchased by club clients via credit cards. In order to get paid for the funny money when you work, you have to present a social security card and sign an independent contractor agreement.

It seems you only complete paperwork if you’re hired. Which explains why they can’t identify the other lady that was declined a job and walked out.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lawdaughter222
Back