TX - Former Dallas Police Officer Amber Guyger, indicted for Murder of Botham Shem Jean #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
A female sergeant who was approx. the 3rd officer who arrived at the scene testified that a set of keys was inserted in Jean's door. She further testifies the door was ajar when she arrived (unclear if it was being held open by an officer or if it was just open.
This sergeant removed AG from the scene per protocol when there is an officer involved shooting.

The attached photo shows AG in the hallway as first responders were rendering aid to Jean.
She was so concerned about texting when a man lay dying , she's needs to go to jail period if she doesn't I'm very afraid what will happen here!

This is AG in Sgt. Valentine's vehicle. She was in the car variously on her phone, leaning her head back, looking out the window, and a couple times it appeared she wiped her eye (maybe crying?)

At the end the president of the Dallas Police Association (I may be wrong on that name) opens the door and pulls AG out of the car, and instructs Sgt. Valentine to turn off the recording system.

Then are pics from the apartment surveillance footage showing the same scene from that angle.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-09-24 at 12.54.01 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-09-24 at 12.54.01 PM.png
    383.6 KB · Views: 52
  • Screen Shot 2019-09-24 at 12.55.30 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-09-24 at 12.55.30 PM.png
    398.1 KB · Views: 54
  • Screen Shot 2019-09-24 at 12.59.06 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-09-24 at 12.59.06 PM.png
    434.4 KB · Views: 56
  • Screen Shot 2019-09-24 at 1.03.00 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-09-24 at 1.03.00 PM.png
    584.4 KB · Views: 58
  • Screen Shot 2019-09-24 at 1.08.37 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-09-24 at 1.08.37 PM.png
    590 KB · Views: 57
  • Screen Shot 2019-09-24 at 1.08.41 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-09-24 at 1.08.41 PM.png
    571.5 KB · Views: 54
  • Screen Shot 2019-09-24 at 1.08.49 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-09-24 at 1.08.49 PM.png
    566.1 KB · Views: 55
  • Screen Shot 2019-09-24 at 1.08.52 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-09-24 at 1.08.52 PM.png
    606.9 KB · Views: 44
This was the apartment directly above AG? Was their any tension between AG and botham? Had she complained about him? Had she come home exhausted from her shift at work and heard his tv or music blaring, and confronted him with her weapon? Is there any camera footage in the apartment block of her making her way to his door? Has the ‘wrong apartment’ only come from AG’s own mouth or is there anything to back this up? JMO MOO

Allison Harris on Twitter
Video shows an officer, said to be the Dallas Police Association president, open the car door, talk to Guyger, then the two walk away (far left). He also motions to another officer, who then reaches into the car, and, according to the state, shuts off the in-car video system.
Are we talking Mike Mata ? if so wow!!!!

This was the apartment directly above AG? Was their any tension between AG and botham? Had she complained about him? Had she come home exhausted from her shift at work and heard his tv or music blaring, and confronted him with her weapon? Is there any camera footage in the apartment block of her making her way to his door? Has the ‘wrong apartment’ only come from AG’s own mouth or is there anything to back this up? JMO MOO

Hmm. It will be interesting to hear what the witnesses say. But her reactions to me show she was pretty shocked at what she had done. Super worried about losing her job. I feel like if she had planned to go shoot him she wouldn't react that way. She'd have a better story. "I went to tell him to turn down the music and he attacked me."

Could have been an unpremeditated rage shooting though.

They are discussing why body cams/in car turned off. They just admitted treating like an on duty incident. So is she on duty or not? An officer is afforded not having recorded. Amber Guyger is a suspect/person involved. She had no right to privacy, UNLESS they want to confirm they gave her special protections as a deputy

It seems this sitting in the car and waiting is for legal counsel to arrive. An officer involved shooting results in the police association providing an attorney to the officer. The attorney was on the way.

What do you think about her failure to render aid and whether it helps with the charges?

I would imagine the prosecution has investigated this angle, and if there were any incidents like you describe it would have been brought up in the opening statement.

What do you think about her failure to render aid and whether it helps with the charges?
I am not sure it is a fact that goes to the criminal charges at all unfortunately, but it will affect the jury's perception of her. The shooting was the cause of death and I think it would be hard to say that rendering aid would have prevented the death.

The state and defense are back and forth a bit on whether it is relevant/against policy to disconnect Sgt. Valentine's recording system.

She did testify that if it had not been an LEO she would not have turned the recording system off. The defense argued that AG's rights were violated by the recording. The Judge made sure to ask if AG knew she had a right to remain silent; she did.

The judge asks Sgt. Valentine, "I'm just curious..." if Amber Guyger was not a police officer, would you have walked away from her in your police car? Sgt. Valentine says no.

I was hoping someone would ask her this question. Also, I now see that apparently the officers on the scene didn't realize she was off duty. I don't know at what point that became clear to Sgt. Valentine.

The defense keeps arguing "well that wasn't in her control"

well, you know what was in her control-shooting a man sitting on his own couch in his own home. MOO

The judge asks Sgt. Valentine, "I'm just curious..." if Amber Guyger was not a police officer, would you have walked away from her in your police car? Sgt. Valentine says no.

I was hoping someone would ask her this question. Also, I now see that apparently the officers on the scene didn't realize she was off duty. I don't know at what point that became clear to Sgt. Valentine.

The defense keeps arguing "well that wasn't in her control"

well, you know what was in her control-shooting a man sitting on his own couch in his own home. MOO
I think the d.a. and judge need to stop schooling Valentine on the stand. Just ask a question, but don't try to reprimand her for her actions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AtroRed