TX - Former Dallas Police Officer Amber Guyger, indicted for Murder of Botham Shem Jean #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think she knew him or had any kind of relationship with him. I believe it's possible she was mistaken and went to the wrong floor. That part is not unreasonable. I'll give her that much. But I think once she got to the door everything that followed was due to her gun-slinging, take no prisoners, this is Texas and we shoot em first and let God sort them out attitude. If she was truly in fear when she got to the door she wouldn't have gone in. Point blank! I think she was desperate for Rivera's attention, I think she has no empathy, I think she's a wannabe tough gal, I think she joined LE so she can exert authority over others and have power over others. That's what her behavior demonstrates. Total disregard for human life, total indifference for others' safety, and a high high degree of selfishness. These are the common traits of all the high profile criminal cases that are discussed on this site. She's no different.
Well, if those memes on her Pinterest account (that she forgot to delete) are any indication, Amber certainly fits the "wannabe tough gal" mold.

You know, when she opened the door and saw Jean in what she thought was her apartment, she might have had a mental flash: "Here's my chance. I will blow this intruder away, and get my street cred in the department!"

I have done CPR before and I am about AG's same size. I don't believe she could have done anything useful with one hand. I have to use both arms with elbows in a locked position, raise my body high on my knees, and press down forcefully with all of my might very rapidly. It's truly exhausting. She could not have been effective with a one hand chest compression IMO.

I doubt anyone could do anything useful with one hand. Amazing she didn't get any blood on her considering his injury. Oh wait....she testified there wasn't much blood. Yep---amazing.
An EMT (could’ve been 1st cop on scene) testified that when he started chest compressions, blood spurred out. So if she had done even halfhearted compressions, wouldn’t there be blood? Same person testified there was no blood until he started those compressions. There was also testimony that she had no blood on her. So just leads me to believe she did nothing.

Well, if those memes on her Pinterest account (that she forgot to delete) are any indication, Amber certainly fits the "wannabe tough gal" mold.

You know, when she opened the door and saw Jean in what she thought was her apartment, she might have had a mental flash: "Here's my chance. I will blow this intruder away, and get my street cred in the department!"
I had the awful thought a minute ago that there may have been an element of provoking a reaction in her lover too. It seems odd to me she texted him, hurry etc, rather than deal with the immediate crisis of trying to save the poor guy. Hopefully too much of a stretch, but you never know. JMO

I had the awful thought a minute ago that there may have been an element of provoking a reaction in her lover too. It seems odd to me she texted him, hurry etc, rather than deal with the immediate crisis of trying to save the poor guy. Hopefully too much of a stretch, but you never know. JMO

Not the first time that's been suggested and I think it might have played a part - but subconsciously. moo

Judge is questioning testimony of one of the expert witnesses. Says their testimony is confusing, wrt the trajectory of the shots. Talking about Ranger Adcock (?)

WATCH: Defense continues calling witnesses in trial of Amber Guyger

JMO, there shouldn't be any confusion about where Jean was standing/crouching when he was shot. It was where he died. Are the defense experts trying to confuse this issue? I think so.

Dr Gwinn (gave his opinion of the pathway), Mr Hayes (testified today that he can't tell). Similar objects may have a similiar trajectory.

ETA: Just noticing the WFAA article summarizing today's testimony seems very slanted in favor of Ms. Guyger. JMO No mention of the important points the prosecution raised and information they made her reveal. No mention of anything brought up by prosecution, only that she cried during testimony and that she wanted to become a police officer because she wanted to help people.

:rolleyes:

I've been working and couldn't follow. What happened today?

I don't think this is a stretch at all. That was my first thought and comment in this thread. It is most likely the main motive: attention seeking from an unavailable man who was kinda toying with her. In addition to serious character flaws.

What did she say that you feel makes her a sinking ship? I'm trying to catch up.

It was just the whole thing. Her "crying" looked fake or just for herself. If you can read back while prosecution was questioning her you'll see what we talked about.

She came across as more concerned with herself than her victim. Prosecution drilled down that she could have safely retreated and she agreed. And that she had other options. And she answered yes, I meant to kill him when I fired. (paraphrased)

I've been working and couldn't follow. What happened today?

Ms Guyger testified today and it didn't go very well for her. The prosecution asked a lot of questions, got her to admit a lot of things, esp. that she proceeded into the apartment to shoot at the victim, even though her department's policy dictates she should retreat and cover. They got her to admit she had 2 different chances to retreat and cover and didn't.

A lot of very damaging testimony also about how she failed to render any first aid to Jean, even though she had essential supplies within her reach. She claims she gave him a sternum rub. Prosecution pointed out she kept getting up and leaving, texting, even though he was still alive.

Brought her backpack up and showed the special compression bandages she had that could have been used to stop bleeding, etc.

She claimed she shouted orders to "show me your hands" twice, but prosecution pointed out even though she was standing at the threshold of the apartment, partly in the hallway, 3 neighbors testified she didn't give any orders.

Lots more, it was a good day for the prosecution.

They also showed video of her getting into the patrol car outside after the shooting. Video showed Mr Jean's body being wheeled past the car a few feet away, but she just started texting instead.

Also pointed out that in the few days after the murder, including the day of his funeral, she was texting the boyfriend/officer and others that she wanted to go get drunk, making jokes, etc.

Prosecution made her admit to all of the above.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
merwint