GUILTY TX - Former Dallas Police Officer Amber Guyger, indicted for Murder of Botham Shem Jean #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe the state did show this by depicting how she didn't follow police protocol and entered the apartment alone without backup.

As she believed it was her apartment, I don't think her not following police protocol show a strong pre-dispostion to shoot somebody based on any excuse.
her SM proved that !!
Thanks for the reminder. I am aware of the social media posts in general terms.

Showing a mental pre-disposition involves mind reading to a degree. As a result, I would look for direct indications of pre-disposition to shoot someone based on any excuse.

In short, I would want to see direct social media posts advocating pre-emptive shootings of suspects, political extremism of any orientation, racist ideology etc.

Or, I would want to see direct actions such as known to put out bait, then wait for car burglars, known to go on off duty trawling “patrols” on vague articulation etc.

Last edited:
Since the prosecution never brought up the whole "failure to render aid" aspect of this in closing, I wonder if they are confident that she will be found guilty of something, and are keeping her behavior after the fact in their back pocket for sentencing.
I don't believe she was charged with "failure to render aid"

As she believed it was her apartment, I don't think her not following police protocol show a strong pre-dispostion to shoot somebody based on any excuse.

Thanks for the reminder. I am aware of the social media posts in general terms.

Showing a mental pre-disposition involves mind reading to a degree. As a result, I would look for direct indications of pre-disposition to shoot someone based on any excuse.

In short, I would want to see direct social media posts advocating pre-emptive shootings of suspects, political extremism of any orientation, racist ideology etc.

Or, I would want to see direct actions such as known to put out bait, then wait for car burglars, known to go on off duty trawling “patrols” on vague articulation etc.

Her actions reflect this. She shot first. Period. She didn't have to and she did. SHE said she was relying on police training. Oh, except nothing she did reflects the training she received.

If you think about it what she did is tantamount to a civilian coming home and seeing a silhouette through the window. And before they enter their home, pulling out their gun, entering, surprising the person/intruder and shooting them to death. And then calling the police! I mean that is not self-defense. That is deciding to play cop and take the law into your own hands. The average person wouldn’t do it and the jury is made up of average persons. I hope they see it that way!

On September 6th 2018, Botham Jean sat down with a bowl of ice cream in his own home. He was killed by a stranger for no reason. His ice cream will forever be uneaten. He will be forever 26. His family will be forever without him.

This case is not political.

Let's remember.

If you think about it what she did is tantamount to a civilian coming home and seeing a silhouette through the window. And before they enter their home, pulling out their gun, entering, surprising the person/intruder and shooting them to death. And then calling the police! I mean that is not self-defense. That is deciding to play cop and take the law into your own hands. The average person wouldn’t do it and the jury is made up of average persons. I hope they see it that way!
I think this civilian would be within their legal rights.

BBM: Exactly ...

If I came home and saw a silhouette through my window - and this person was NOT supposed to be in MY home - I am going to grab the cell phone and dial 9-1-1.

Even I would not go in ... I am waiting on LE ... no way I am going in ... and I am not a scared person.

MOO

Does anyone know if AG ever had the option of waiving a jury trial and having a judge decide?

Excellent example, AG acted as if were the 1st day of hunting season and she'd bag her limit before any other hunters discovered her happy hunting ground.

BBM: Exactly ...

If I came home and saw a silhouette through my window - and this person was NOT supposed to be in MY home - I am going to grab the cell phone and dial 9-1-1.

Even I would not go in ... I am waiting on LE ... no way I am going in ... and I am not a scared person.

MOO
I would go in. My family & pets could be in danger.

I know I heard on CTV comentary last week that AG wants the jury to impose sentencing. Not the judge.
MOO
Yeah, I read that too. She’s better off in my opinion if she is found guilty to allow them to sentence her

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omnia