GUILTY TX - Former Dallas Police Officer Amber Guyger, indicted for Murder of Botham Shem Jean #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just thought of something!

If you were security for the apt. building and had a master key, wouldn't you be even more alert when using keys to make sure you had the right one? I don't know if she was aware that so many had trouble finding their apartments but that might be something she was told either as security for the apt. building or as a tenant. Given that information and having a master key- that would also put you on alert when using your keys, no?

Of course this is assuming she had the master key on that set of keys that were found in the door.
She was not a security officer for the apartments, she did not have a master key.

So, the jury goes with "Castle Doctrine" "Stand Your Ground" based on "Mistake of Fact", and AG walks out, completely free.

Or it was an "Intentional Decision" to murder Botham Jean, and AG gets a murder conviction.

I go with option two. She had a lot of choices, she chose to shoot a man, who was not in any way an immediate threat or danger to her.

The DA only upped the charges because there was a public outcry to have her charged with murder.

LE is purposely trying to influence public opinion about this case by putting it out there that they are ready for riots and having all this security at the courthouse. And today they put out to the media that one of the defense witnesses received a death threat. LE is the one making this a racial issue. The community is rightly outraged that a man got shot in his home by a police officer while minding his own business. That should concern EVERYONE, white, black, Hispanic, Asian, Native American. Society should not allow LE to get away with murder and treat them like they are above the law. They will be prosecuted just like everyone else. THEY are the ones trying to fan the flames with this whole act outside the courtroom.

Few things here. I don’t know why the sudden change. A plea possible?

1) she would not have brought the jury in on a Saturday, just to let them go. She seems to want a fair and speedy trial to get the jurors back to their families.

2) the defense did not rest as we know of right now.

3) why are they meeting behind with the judge in her chambers. I’ve heard that it could be because of the charging conference but I thought the defense would have to rest before that could occur, maybe not.

4) it just seems extremely odd to me to end the day that way. I don’t know if you can plead guilty to a lesser charge after pleading not guilty to a charge, but in my opinion that’s the only thing I can think of as right now.

5) personally I don’t know if the defense can really defend anymore, a majority of their witness are bias and weren’t allowed to testify certain things. Your client just admitted to intentionally shooting him. You don’t really have a reason why she didn’t notice it wasn’t her apartment because at first, you tried to say it was because she was tired when in fact, she was going to go to the gym. The girl admitted to hearing people walking in the apartment and also admitted to seeing the door a little ajar. Common sense says look at the apartment number, but we are talking about Amber Guyger who took the stand and told lie after lie.

At this point, I’d think you would have been better off not putting her on the stand.

I live in the metroplex.

There was a public outcry for her to be charged with murder.

This was a big deal when this all happened

LOL. I live here, also. There was just as many people who thought she shouldn't be charged at all. The facts are this: they have met the legal requirements to charge her with murder. Whether you agree with that doesn't matter. Opinions don't matter. What she did, what she ADMITTED to on stand, qualifies her for the murder charge. You don't have to agree with it, of course. But facts are facts. They did not overcharge her. They have met the burden proof for these charges. That doesn't mean that a jury will convict her of this. But they have the option to, because what she did qualifies. It doesn't matter what the public wants. They have to meet standards.

1) she would not have brought the jury in on a Saturday, just to let them go. She seems to want a fair and speedy trial to get the jurors back to their families.

3) why are they meeting behind with the judge in her chambers. I’ve heard that it could be because of the charging conference but I thought the defense would have to rest before that could occur, maybe not.

4) it just seems extremely odd to me to end the day that way. I don’t know if you can plead guilty to a lesser charge after pleading not guilty to a charge, but in my opinion that’s the only thing I can think of as right now.

5) personally I don’t know if the defense can really defend anymore, a majority of their witness are bias and weren’t allowed to testify certain things. Your client just admitted to intentionally shooting him. You don’t really have a reason why she didn’t notice it wasn’t her apartment because at first, you tried to say it was because she was tired when in fact, she was going to go to the gym. The girl admitted to hearing people walking in the apartment and also admitted to seeing the door a little ajar. Common sense says look at the apartment number, but we are talking about Amber Guyger who took the stand and told lie after lie.

At this point, I’d think you would have been better off not putting her on the stand.

I was watching lawyers discuss this and they said it probably has to do with the expert witness testimony. They judge has to make sure she meets all the legal requirements so that it doesn't come back at the appellate level. They don't think it has to do with a plea. They think it's technical court stuff, crossing I's and dotting T's.

What has happened?

LE is purposely trying to influence public opinion about this case by putting it out there that they are ready for riots and having all this security at the courthouse. And today they put out to the media that one of the defense witnesses received a death threat. LE is the one making this a racial issue. The community is rightly outraged that a man got shot in his home by a police officer while minding his own business. That should concern EVERYONE, white, black, Hispanic, Asian, Native American. Society should not allow LE to get away with murder and treat them like they are above the law. They will be prosecuted just like everyone else. THEY are the ones trying to fan the flames with this whole act outside the courtroom.

Which in my opinion, it is always their fault. It’s almost like they love this game of cat and mouse. Listen, I get it there are a lot of people who can’t trust the police, but if anything it could be avoided if only they held the ones accountable that need to be held accountable. You cant expect for the community to trust or like officers at all when blatant *advertiser censored* like this continues to happen over and over again. Almost every time the ones who should not have got off and frankly, I sick of it.

Please can someone clarify what she is charged with? And if it's murder, why is manslaughter a possible outcome?

She's charged with murder which in TX doesn't necessitate pre-planning or premeditation or a depraved heart.

Manslaughter and criminally negligent homicide are both what are called "lesser included" crimes of murder. So the elements of those crimes are within murder. And that means that a jury can convict a defendant of a lesser included while finding them not guilty of the more serious charges.

Jury instructions will explain all of that in great detail.

What has happened?

Done for the day. It seemed abrupt and the lawyers seemed to go into chambers.

However, it seemed like they were wanting to file something about the excluded evidence, should they need appeal. From what I'm reading, they have a top appellate attorney on their team who wants to address protocol for the excluded evidence.

Done for the day. It seemed abrupt and the lawyers seemed to go into chambers.

However, it seemed like they were wanting to file something about the excluded evidence, should they need appeal. From what I'm reading, they have a top appellate attorney on their team who wants to address protocol for the excluded evidence.

Thanks. How did today go? And what was excluded?

What has happened?

I don’t know, I was hoping you could tell me lol.. is that even possible because court ended again on a very strange note. I mean the jury had to be in the court room for atleast 10 mins max today.

I just don’t understand why you would have court for only a few hours when the plan was to run until 9-4 today. Just weird, I thought maybe they were going to just rest but I haven’t heard about that happening yet and it was very abruptly after the 45sec cross examination on Armstrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eNeMeEe