GUILTY TX - Former Dallas Police Officer Amber Guyger, indicted for Murder of Botham Shem Jean #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
She shouldn’t serve 5min for thi

That’s a long time for an accident!

I get the sense that most who feel she should serve no time, or should never have been charged would be braying for blood if Botham Jean had been the one mistaken who went in and executed Amber Guyger, under the exact same circumstances - mistaken apartment, not retreating or calling 911 for help, double tap shot with no warning, etc.

Yeah, I am glad we had a jury that could see beyond the false belief that “cops are always right”!

To begin with, how many citizens would go into their apartment or house after finding the door open and hearing a person inside?

Her gun gave her confidence and power to enter what she thought was her apartment. The mind training that cops are given is “shoot to kill”. A horrible manner of training as all situations do not call for killing.

Her admittance that she went in with the plan “to shoot to kill” is the exact wording that got her convicted IMO. She admitted she was going to kill him! What else does a jury need?

Now she needs a long jail sentence so she can’t be a danger to anyone else.

What threat? she created the threat , she heard him BEFORE she went in, she should have backed out like she was TRAINED to do !!!
Maybe she felt there was no time to retreat from the perceived threat!

I'm a nurse and used to work 16 hour shifts. THAT was exhausting. Her "exhausting" 13 hour shift is not an excuse or even a reasonable explanation for her actions.
Her 13 hour shift on that day was not really exhausting. If she called for an EMT immediately, they would have worked harder to save Jean than she ever did that day.

Last edited:
Though I respect your position as an attorney, I am thinking that such appeals appear to be permissible:

For example, here is an example of judge reducing a murder conviction to manslaughter:
Bullets for the Bully

My guess is that if the judge can reject a conviction for a certain charge and apply a lesser charge, then an appellate argument that the charge did not fit the circumstances (did not fit historical use) can also be made.
All judges have the option to set aside a jury verdict. That doesn't have anything to do with grounds for appeal.

This makes more s

I came to this thread to see the opinions and thoughts of others. I was aware that I was probably missing something as I stated multiple times. I do now understand the reason she was given a murder sentence. But I only think she received it because she is in Texas. In most other states she would have gotten manslaughter as I personally believe she deserves. But I appreciate your condescending comment. Thanks for the help.

Actually, this is Dallas Texas. Cops are king here. Men like Botham are not. It says a lot that she was convicted of anything, at all.

I get the sense that most who feel she should serve no time, or should never have been charged would be braying for blood if Botham Jean had been the one mistaken who went in and executed Amber Guyger, under the exact same circumstances - mistaken apartment, not retreating or calling 911 for help, double tap shot with no warning, etc.
I concur!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member