GUILTY TX - Former Dallas Police Officer Amber Guyger, indicted for Murder of Botham Shem Jean #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm confused, (of course) is this what's called victim statement? I think that's what it's called?
This is the sentencing phase, which sometimes contains victim impact statements. Usually those are full statements read or submitted in writing to the judge. This question and answer is testimony for the sentencing phase rather than a direct victim impact statement but they would have similar content in this case I believe.
The sentencing phase is pretty broad and open as far as what evidence can be presented. Anything that is a mitigating or aggravating factor on the defendant’s actions can generally be presented. Both the victim’s and defendant’s lives and character come into play.

Glad she is facing punishment, but I don't see these texts as especially awful. Young people might make a joke like that about MLK parade trying to be cute. Other text indicated unfamiliarity with co-workers of another race/cultural background. So far, not damning, and relatable for many of us, though never smart to text it. It's just that many of us haven't also gunned someone down in his own apartment. So it all sounds really bad now.

Glad she is facing punishment, but I don't see these texts as especially awful. Young people might make a joke like that about MLK parade trying to be cute. Other text indicated unfamiliarity with co-workers of another race/cultural background. So far, not damning, and relatable for many of us, though never smart to text it. It's just that many of us haven't also gunned someone down in his own apartment. So it all sounds really bad now.

You are correct without context of her current situation. Still came across as very aggressive

I have been following this thread since the beginning. I know this opinion has been expressed by others.

I think she walked into that apartment by accident. What she did wrong was shoot first and ask questions later.

Why?

I don't think she was afraid, she could have simply stepped back through the door.

She felt like she had a licence to end this man's life and nobody would question her. That comes from being in a culture in her workplace that reinforces that idea.

Are we in break now? Going back and forth with the Markel trial.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SmoothieQuota