GUILTY TX - Former Dallas Police Officer Amber Guyger, indicted for Murder of Botham Shem Jean #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Please move here for further discussion!

Remember, do not introduce race into the discussion unless it becomes known via MSM or LE that it was a factor in this tragedy.

Stay on topic, and no snark, personalizing or disrespect toward other members.

Thank you

Bringing over from last thread:

After AG's testimony I'm dumbstruck. I think she did so poorly it would change my vote (as a hypothetical juror). It would move UP the range of possibilities.

Those long minutes while he lay dying and she worried about herself were horrible...pacing the hall, texting, etc. while she should have been performing CPR is incomprehensible, imo.

I was just thinking, is this the kind of case where the jury should be taken to the building and walk the third and fourth floors to get an idea of what the differences were- and if it was reasonable for Amber not to see the differences as walked down the hall passing 16 apartments and arriving at Botham Jean 's Apt with the red mat in front of it-

Do juries ever actually get to see the crime scene itself? just wondering

Hope they get to closing statements today. I've heard enough of people going to the wrong apartment.
Personally, I think the prosecution should have overwhelmed the jury with witnesses who had gone to the wrong floor and the wrong apartment, each time asking them to explain how and when they realized they made a mistake. That could have easily shown how out of the norm (and therefore, unreasonable) AG's behavior was that night.

I was just thinking, is this the kind of case where the jury should be taken to the building and walk the third and fourth floors to get an idea of what the differences were- and if it was reasonable for Amber not to see the differences as walked down the hall passing 16 apartments and arriving at Botham Jean 's Apt with the red mat in front of it-

Yes they do take the witnesses quite often on "field trips". That would have been interesting, for sure.

Personally, I think the prosecution should have overwhelmed the jury with witnesses who had gone to the wrong floor and the wrong apartment, each time asking them to explain how and when they realized they made a mistake. That could have easily shown how out of the norm (and therefore, unreasonable) AG's behavior was that night.

They did a pretty good job of that with defense's own witnesses. Maybe even more effective. moo

Yes they do take the witnesses quite often on "field trips". That would have been interesting, for sure.

That is interesting, I wonder if they will do that. IMO, that would either be the last nail in AG's "coffin" towards a serious conviction, or it could show jurors how confusing the apartment complex is....

Probably the defense decided that it would definitely not help AG. I tend to agree with this assessment.

Spot on. This. You walk into the wrong apartment, apologize, and hurry out.

It is a good thing that AG is no longer a police officer. She was definitely ready to shoot anyone, for any reason. Was this just her personality? Or was she "trained" to shoot first, ask questions later?

It is a good thing that AG is no longer a police officer. She was definitely ready to shoot anyone, for any reason. Was this just her personality? Or was she "trained" to shoot first, ask questions later?
Maybe both? I gained some empathy from her testimony yesterday in that she had a difficult upbringing. My armchair psychologist thinks her becoming a police officer was an attempt to gain control. She grew up not having control, getting jerked around in her family life. That certainly doesn't excuse her behavior by any means, of course. As a woman, and as a small woman similar in size to AG, I am always intrigued why on earth women choose to become police officers. It's an enigma to me.

Completely agree. And I’m sure the jurors were aware that is is possible to go to the wrong address/apartment and also know that it is incomprehensible that any person who is rightfully inside the wrong address/apartment would lose their life just because they were there.

Yes, juries are sometimes taken on field trips to better understand a place/situation. I don’t think that is necessary with regard to her mistakenly ending up at his door instead of hers. Defense has brought witnesses to testify that is not uncommon.

What I would like them to see is what Amber would have seen once she opened the door ...

How dark was it, really? Was the change in light that debilitating? (We’ve all walked into a dark room before and it does take a moment for one’s eyes to adjust.) Why didn’t she let her eyes adjust before shooting? Was there no light coming in from the hall, at least until the door closed behind her?

How far away is the spot he was found? Not “it was 10 feet,” but really visualize THAT ten feet (or however far it was).

If she was so darned scared, why didn’t she retreat, rather than go in guns blazing?

Yes, juries are sometimes taken on field trips to better understand a place/situation. I don’t think that is necessary with regard to her mistakenly ending up at his door instead of hers. Defense has brought witnesses to testify that is not uncommon.

What I would like them to see is what Amber would have seen once she opened the door ...

How dark was it, really? Was the change in light that debilitating? (We’ve all walked into a dark room before and it does take a moment for one’s eyes to adjust.) Why didn’t she let her eyes adjust before shooting? Was there no light coming in from the hall, at least until the door closed behind her?

How far away is the spot he was found? Not “it was 10 feet,” but really visualize THAT ten feet (or however far it was).

If she was so darned scared, why didn’t she retreat, rather than go in guns blazing?
I'm actually a little surprised we haven't seen that yet. I expected a recreation of some sort.

Maybe both? I gained some empathy from her testimony yesterday in that she had a difficult upbringing. My armchair psychologist thinks her becoming a police officer was an attempt to gain control. She grew up not having control, getting jerked around in her family life. That certainly doesn't excuse her behavior by any means, of course. As a woman, and as a small woman similar in size to AG, I am always intrigued why on earth women choose to become police officers. It's an enigma to me.

Did she go on about her "terrible" childhood? I didn't hear her entire testimony. I loathe people who blame their circumstances on a bad childhood.

If she really felt so much guilt and remorse, why did she defy the judge's orders regarding staying in Texas, and went on a cruise? And why didn't she take a plea deal? Because she still doesn't think that she did anything wrong.

That is the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member