GUILTY TX - Former Dallas Police Officer Amber Guyger, indicted for Murder of Botham Shem Jean #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO a verdict won’t take long. This is not a complicated case to me anyway. It is pretty black and white (no racism intended here either). We know what the victim did not do that caused no threat to AG and we do know that AG overreacted rather than follow a set learned plan. AG failed to perform appropriately in more ways then one. The victim had no reason to perform in any way shape or form.

This is the way I understand it, but again I think it should apply only to persons legally occupying a resident.

I agree. In fact the defense specifically states it only applies to one's own home or business. But it appears that inclusion here enables mistake of defense to cause it to kick in. Which would defeat the entire purpose of the law, which is to keep people safe in their own sanctuaries!!!

I agree. In fact the defense specifically states it only applies to one's own home or business. But it appears that inclusion here enables mistake of defense to cause it to kick in. Which would defeat the entire purpose of the law, which is to keep people safe in their own sanctuaries!!!
If all you need is the belief that it's your residence, then welcome to the Wild West.

I am just going to say this while we wait - there are no winners in this case no matter the verdict. I know everyone has their views both pros and defense but, right now, my thoughts are with the Jean family and all those whose lives have been changed by Botham's precious life being taken way too soon. He was not only an innocent person, he was, by all accounts, an amazing person.♥️

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper