GUILTY TX - Former Dallas Police Officer Amber Guyger, indicted for Murder of Botham Shem Jean #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
OK but I don't appreciate being proselytized. And the judge shouldn't have used her position of power to do that to AG. AG didn't ask for it, and it's not her role. It was inappropriate. This is a court of law not a church house. Judge had no right to bring out her bible and give it to AG and read scripture to her.
Are you a mind reader, or have you personally spoken to AG?

""She saw his black skin. He had no other weapon," Merritt wrote on Facebook Wednesday. "We believe she weaponized his race, as Americans often do, particularly American cops. ‘Perceiving a threat' from black people doing mundane things is a part of the pattern we fight against."

this was posted above and I have to say this exact thought has bothered me from day one. This pattern referred to is alive and well in most cities in the US.

I have seen a few posters say that Amber is not racist.
I'm thinking they have seen the texts and just don't want to believe that this lady has a racist bone in her body. I think someone else said the texts were in "bad taste" and "immature".

If people don't want to believe she is a racist even though she said it herself, then that's just insane and delusional at that point.

OK, I'll bite and play along. AG is a racist. There is no evidence or indication at all that she shot Bo because of his color. She was not on trial for being a racist.

I'm thinking they have seen the texts and just don't want to believe that this lady has a racist bone in her body. I think someone else said the texts were in "bad taste" and "immature".

If people don't want to believe she is a racist even though she said it herself, then that's just insane and delusional at that point.

Okay, I do not think those posts and text's make her racist. So , if that is the only thing that people are referring to .... then I still do not think so.
But, that is just me.

From the day it became breaking news when it happened to this weeks final days & verdict, this case pretty much took over majority of my time! Especially since I'm from Dallas. It was unbelievable, but I thought surely she'll have to serve a minimum of 10 years in prison. I didn't believe she deserved life, but I feel she deserves to serve the full 10 years. When I saw her mother on the stand, as a mother myself and a compassionate human being I felt sad for everyone, all of the families. But.... she gets to live out part of her life and he doesn't. And now, we just have to accept it, and move on...and if it had been the other way around, I feel like the jury and her family wouldn't have been as understanding, or forgiving. ***On the Dallas radio stations this morning (African American DJ's/Host) they were upset with the Judge's actions towards AG and stated that they felt it was because when Kemp ran for Judge DPD was backing her. Someone posted Botham's brothers actions as "being Texas" no, sorry, that was him being a Christian, not even from the U.S., from another country, because believe me, growing up in Dallas and suburbs, being born here as a Mexican American I still have faced racism, even from some Christians. So I don't feel like justice was served, and I do feel like it was an accident on AG's part, I don't feel like it was a racial thing on her behalf. This case will be talked about for maybe a few more months and then everyone will forget about it and who knows if anything will change....

Do the protesters realize that it was the jury who gave the ten year sentence?
Yes but the protesters see the justice system as one big unfair entity slanted toward racial inequality, and I tend to agree ....but then again there are cases like Brittanee's where it seems to be the exact opposite.... there are pockets of this country that seem to have NO law, sigh I just think we need justice reform or across the board punishment I don't know what the answer is

OK, I'll bite and play along. AG is a racist. There is no evidence or indication at all that she shot Bo because of his color. She was not on trial for being a racist.

I believe she is a racist, one that thinks her brand of racism is harmless and just a joke. I don't think this factored in her crime. I believe she would have shot a 96 year old grandmother who was sitting there doing her knitting and she would have behaved the same way afterward, because all she really cared about was saving her own skin.

On September 4, 2018, a person named Ethridge appeared to playfully offer to give Guyger a German shepherd.

"Although she may be racist," Ethridge wrote.

"I wish I could have one," Guyger responded.

"But not in this apartment :( smaller than my old one." She added seconds later, "It's okay, I'm the same."

At trial, prosecutors said that even after Guyger killed Jean, she found time to text Rivera and sent sexual messages to him days later.

Rivera testified he deleted the texts between him and Guyger from the night of the shooting,
"That's not something that I would want to be reminded of," Rivera said. "And I don't keep messages saved unless it's of an importance to me."

Guyger's offensive text messages are introduced at her sentencing - CNN

they shouldn't do that to anyone , Do you realize AMBER herself could bring a lawsuit!!!!

Whether she's religious or not, I think she APPRECIATED a kind gesture from someone not "on her team." I know I certainly would. But hey, maybe she will appeal AND sue the judge. Who knows. I'd like to believe for now though that she appreciated the gesture and it had some impact on her.

It is also easy to be critical. What is hard is actually taking action to make a difference. Posters who are unhappy with what they see going on in their communities should research ways that they can make a difference. As my mother always said to me, "Talk's cheap." ;)

Yes. When I was arguing with and complaining about my sister mom always said "it takes 2 to fight"

Honestly Wouldn't it be tragic if Amber herself decided she didn't want that pushed on her it would be well within her right to sue ...omg that could even be grounds for some kind of flaw in the sentencing ....although she was lucky wouldn't try that again , I actually bet we will hear more about this .

She shot at a silhouette. Is there such a thing as a white silhouette? If not, she didn't shoot him because of the color of his skin because she didn't know the color of his skin at the time.

Whether she's religious or not, I think she APPRECIATED a kind gesture from someone not "on her team." I know I certainly would. But hey, maybe she will appeal AND sue the judge. Who knows. I'd like to believe for now though that she appreciated the gesture and it had some impact on her.
yeah, I wouldn't have taken that chance if I were the judge.

"This is a definition of living like Christ would like you to," Willy Orji said in reply to a widely watched video on Twitter. He added, "Vengeance is not ours. What a great gesture by Brandt."

"I'm proud of you my son, Brandt. Your load is lighter," Allison Jean wrote on her Facebook page Thursday. She added, "Regardless of the views of the spectators, walk with God always. Forgiveness is for the forgiver and it doesn't matter what the forgiven does with it."

"How Botham Jean's brother chooses to grieve is his business," Atlantic writer Jemele Hill wrote. "He's entitled to that. But this judge choosing to hug this woman is unacceptable."

"I have preached forgiveness for 25 years, BUT using the willingness of Black people to forgive as an excuse to further victimize Black people is SINFUL," former NAACP President Cornell Brooks said in a tweet. Brooks, who's also an ordained minister in the African Methodist Episcopal Church, continued, "America should ask Black people forgiveness for serially asking African Americans to forgive sanctioned Police Brutality."

"Black people forgive because we need to survive," Gay wrote in 2015. "We have to forgive time and time again while racism or white silence in the face of racism continues to thrive."

In that essay, Gay said that for her, the problem is when forgiveness is taken as absolution. And she concluded, "I, for one, am done forgiving."

"God bless #BothamJean's brother," wrote Bernice King, the youngest daughter of Martin Luther King, Jr. and Coretta Scott King. "But don't confuse his forgiveness with absolving this nation for its gross, bitter discrimination against Black people in a myriad of its systems and policies. Racism and white supremacist ideology can't be 'hugged out.' "

"I understood what that young man was doing. He did that statement for him, not for her, to show that he was a real Christian," Sharpton said on MSNBC.

"I hate that I have to live with this every single day of my life and I ask God for forgiveness, and I hate myself every single day," Guyger said in her testimony. "I never wanted to take an innocent person's life. And I'm so sorry."
Brandt Jean's Act Of Grace Toward His Brother's Killer Sparks A Debate Over Forgiving

She shot at a silhouette. Is there such a thing as a white silhouette? If not, she didn't shoot him because of the color of his skin because she didn't know the color of his skin at the time.

Ummm she said he was coming towards her saying hey hey hey and she shot center mass. Are you saying she had no clue he was black when she shot him?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VAres67